Gaming pc help

aShqrk
Just now, emosun said:

why are you sending pc part picker links instead of the vendor you are purchasing from?

It is easier for me plus sometimes it is not on Newegg 

4 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

It is easier for me plus sometimes it is not on Newegg 

your question is a question that is answered by the photos and description of the vendor you are purchasing from but you have not listed what vendor you are buying from. So far you've only posted links to pc part picker.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

your question is a question that is answered by the photos and description of the vendor you are purchasing from but you have not listed what vendor you are buying from. So far you've only posted links to pc part picker.

I’m buying it from Newegg 

1 minute ago, aShqrk said:

I’m buying it from Newegg 

well newegg states right in the product description that it includes 3 fans..... is that what you wanted to know?

Just now, emosun said:

well newegg states right in the product description that it includes 3 fans..... is that what you wanted to know?

Just said the description of the fans not the name of it 

should i get the 6950 xt oc formula or the 6900 xt merc319 limited (yes there is a difference between the black and limited)

The OC formula is the better of the two cards and should hopefullywhine a little bit less thanks to its larger input filter, but they're both good cards and realistically it would depend on how much you can get both for which actually makes sense. If they're the same price, OC formula no question, but if the OC formula is over $100 more you might as well stick to the Merc. 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

The OC formula is the better of the two cards and should hopefullywhine a little bit less thanks to its larger input filter, but they're both good cards and realistically it would depend on how much you can get both for which actually makes sense. If they're the same price, OC formula no question, but if the OC formula is over $100 more you might as well stick to the Merc. 

well i want to sort of future proof my gpu and my budget is $2200
link to the parts im gonna get: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kgQvhk

should i use ddr4 cl16 ram or ddr5 ram for 13700k

First, I wanna point out that future proofing isn't a thing, especially on GPUs.

Second, the difference in performance between an OC formula and a 6900 XT Limited is very minimal once overclocked. The 6950 XT is just a 6900 XTXH card like the limited is but with a higher power limit out of the box. The thing about AMD GPUs is that it's stupid easy to unlock the power limits, so an extra 5 minutes of effort will get both cards to perform identically, and you'd save ~$150 by going for the 6900 XT Limited (the 6900 XT Limited with an unlocked power limit will outperform the 6950 XT OC Formula with the stock limits in place). While the OC Formula will likely overclock a little better, I'm talking in the neighborhood of 50MHz on the memory and core clock. That's less than 2% better at the core clocks that those cards will perform in, and will be completely unnoticeable in anything but benchmarks like Firestrike and Time Spy. Sure, at stock the 6900 XT Limited is a little slower, but at the same time if you're just gonna run the cards at stock it's hard to justify going for a 6900 XT in general over a 6800 XT, since the main benefit of the 6900 XT over the 6800 XT is that the 6900 XT doesn't have the limits on overclocking them that the 6800 XTs do. At stock the difference between those two cards is relatively small, the difference only really becomes emphasized when you start overclocking them. 

18 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

This has some rather odd choices in it. You talk about future proofing, yet you decide to go for a kit of DDR4 instead of DDR5 that you can afford, and you're spending a ton of money on RGB. There are better AIOs for cheaper, the SSD setup is just weird (there are good NVMe drives for less than the cost of those BX500s), the case doesn't have amazing airflow, etc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hYYYqm

That system is just overall faster in everything (once the GPU power limits are unlocked, but it's really easy with MorePowerTool)

cl16

CAS Latency is irrelevant by itself, it's measured in clock cycles so without a frequency given there just isn't enough information given. What frequency are you considering? 3200MT/s CL16 is generally the slowest speed that makes sense, but something like 4000MT/s CL16 will be incredibly fast (and incredibly expensive).

It comes down to the budget. If you can afford to go DDR5 without sacrificing on something more important (GPU mainly), then yeah, go DDR5, but if you can't afford to go for a 2x16GB kit of DDR5 5600MT/s or faster, stick to DDR4, though if you can go 13700K you should be able to afford to go DDR5. 

32 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

If any computer part ages like milk on a warm day in direct sunlight it's gonna be the graphics card. Out of all part that you can try and squeeze the longest longevity out of, GPU's should be the last place you look.

Am I going crazy or haven't you already gone overbudget + are missing a PSU that alone will add some $150 to your whole build...

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Just now, venomtail said:

If any computer part ages like milk on a warm day in direct sunlight it's gonna be the graphics card. Out of all part that you can try and squeeze the longest longevity out of, GPU's should be the last place you look.

Am I going crazy or haven't you already gone overbudget + are missing a PSU that alone will add some $150 to your whole build...

have some extra psus that are just sitting out doing nothing

On 10/30/2022 at 11:49 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

This has some rather odd choices in it. You talk about future proofing, yet you decide to go for a kit of DDR4 instead of DDR5 that you can afford, and you're spending a ton of money on RGB. There are better AIOs for cheaper, the SSD setup is just weird (there are good NVMe drives for less than the cost of those BX500s), the case doesn't have amazing airflow, etc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hYYYqm

That system is just overall faster in everything (once the GPU power limits are unlocked, but it's really easy with MorePowerTool)

I meant to futureproof the gpu because is it or is it not gonna be the most expensive thing to upgrade  

On 10/30/2022 at 11:54 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

CAS Latency is irrelevant by itself, it's measured in clock cycles so without a frequency given there just isn't enough information given. What frequency are you considering? 3200MT/s CL16 is generally the slowest speed that makes sense, but something like 4000MT/s CL16 will be incredibly fast (and incredibly expensive).

It comes down to the budget. If you can afford to go DDR5 without sacrificing on something more important (GPU mainly), then yeah, go DDR5, but if you can't afford to go for a 2x16GB kit of DDR5 5600MT/s or faster, stick to DDR4, though if you can go 13700K you should be able to afford to go DDR5. 

Should i use 5600 cl28 ddr5

10 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

I meant to futureproof the gpu because is it or is it not gonna be the most expensive thing to upgrade  

It's gonna up there with the most expensive thing to upgrade (though I'd argue that a CPU upgrade will probably be more expensive since you have to upgrade your motherboard at the same time, but I digress), but the relationship between the amount you spend on a GPU and the amount of time you get out of it is pretty logarithmic. A $500 GPU at 1440P will probably last you about 4 years, while a $1000 at 1440P will probably last you about 5-6 years before you'd want to upgrade. Yeah it'll last you longer, but not that much longer, and you would have been better off if you just bought a $500 GPU and replaced it with another ~$500 GPU in about 4 years. 

Look at the GTX 1080 Ti, arguably the GPU that has had the longest period of relevance, started off at $700, and now is about on par with a GPU that costs ~$300 (RX 6600 XT) after 5 years. Meanwhile, cards like the 2080 Ti were replaced by cards about $500-600 after ~2 years, and the 6900 XT is probably gonna be replaced by the 7700 XT for about $500 (though that's just a guess, we won't know until November 3rd at the earliest, and realistically we won't see the 7700 XT until sometime early next year). Buying midrange hardware and just upgrading more often is generally the best way to get the best average performance over a stretch of time for a given amount of money than buying stuff more in line with the top of the line hardware. 

29 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

have some extra psus that are just sitting out doing nothing

Are they capable of handling a 6900 XT? Those cards, especially if overclocked, will pull ridiculous amounts of power, to the point where I would only use a good 1000W or better with one. A good 850W unit can handle one at stock, and a good 750W could handle one if undervolted, but at the same time as said in my earlier post if you're not overclocking the snot out of that card there really isn't a point to go for the 6900 XT. 

7 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

Should i use 5600 cl28 ddr5

No. 5600MT/s CL28 based kits are super expensive and they're outperformed in both bandwidth and latency by the cheaper 6000MT/s CL40 kits. 

With DDR5, primary timings matter very little, with what actually matters being the frequency it's running at being more of a factor to latency than the CAS Latency timing. Go for the highest frequency kit you can afford (though with a lot of Z690 boards I wouldn't go above 6400MT/s) and don't pay attention to the timings attached to them, they are only a small factor in DDR5 performance. 

I would shoot for 6000 plus for ddr5 personally. You can get a decent kit of that speed for fairly reasonable price at least you can where I live. Also ddr5 is a significant boost for the 13 gen Intel so if you can afford it then I would go ddr5. 

what case should i use that is black with rgb here is the build i am gonna get you can change it with the said case or different rgb fans(I also have some psus that are doing nothing) also trying to save on the case: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7kpLH2

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

6 minutes ago, aShqrk said:

im trying to spend less on the case

My bad I didn't realize you were trying to save money. You could get the 4000d airflow case and front mount the radiator. Then you could populate whichever fan slots you want with RGB. Would save money doing that rather than getting the 5000x

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home