Didn't know isp's did this.

For those who are confused, OP bought games off steam /legally/, but their ISP is owned by a bunch old cats who confused the service Steam with the likes of Piratebay.

Damn i always get confused between piratebay and steam :)

Steam is not an illegal service. Someone in the ISP is trying to pull one over you. Tell them you're more than happy to provide proof that you bought the game and you should have gotten a transaction email from Steam.

Better yet, add "switch ISPs" at the end of that bolded sentence.

Better yet, add "switch ISPs" at the end of that bolded sentence.

There is only 1 ISP here though :(

both your isp and bethesda are in the wrong tweet bethesda that they filed a claim on a game you bought and ask why and get your parents to call the isp ask for customer service and say you are disappointed with the service for a false flag and they should compensate you with uncapped bandwidth for may.  neither of which will get you anything most of the time so dont hold your breath, but you might get an apology

This.

This wasn't some small time company and petty issue. It is something worthy to get peoples attention that they could become victim of having services terminated and be accused of pirating for buying a game legit. When a company goes out of their way to target a customer for piracy to the point of getting their ISP involved when all transactions happened on arguably the most trustworthy game site, we have a major problem.

Oh, right..you also live in Murrica. This really needs to change..I'd like the option to leave a company like you could for cell service when it comes to the internets.

Ah America the broken land of monopoly. I have gotten so much free upgrades from threatening to move ISP , I have 4 in my area.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Ah America the broken land of monopoly. I have gotten so much free upgrades from threatening to move ISP , I have 4 in my area.

American ISPs in a nutshell when you threaten to leave:

comcast-time-warner-cable-company-south-