Hi I wanted to make a filmproject but noticed that premiere pro doesnt handle .mov files right. Is there any way in which I can convert the .mov files into mp4?

As mentioned:  Handbrake is the easiest way to convert video at home, and it is indeed free 

Depending on the size of the file, it might take a bit of time to transcode that, especially if you have a lower end or older computer.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

I would recommend against using Handbrake.

If you use Handbrake, chances are you will transcode the video. 

What I would recommend is using FFmpeg.

1) Download FFmpeg from this link.

2) Extract the file called ffmpeg.exe which can be found under inside the "bin" folder.

3) Hold ctrl and right click on an empty space in the folder.

4) Select "open PowerShell window here", or maybe yours says cmd or command prompt.

5) Type this into the CLI window that opens:

.\ffmpeg.exe -i .\example.mov -c copy test.mp4

replace example.mov with the filename of the video you want to convert.

You will now have successfully converted your .mov file into a .mp4 file with 0 quality loss, and it should only have taken like 1 second to complete.

If you use Handbrake it might take hours, and it will result in a quality loss.

14 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I would recommend against using Handbrake.

If you use Handbrake, chances are you will transcode the video. 

What I would recommend is using FFmpeg.

1) Download FFmpeg from this link.

2) Extract the file called ffmpeg.exe which can be found under inside the "bin" folder.

3) Hold ctrl and right click on an empty space in the folder.

4) Select "open PowerShell window here", or maybe yours says cmd or command prompt.

5) Type this into the CLI window that opens:

.\ffmpeg.exe -i .\example.mov -c copy test.mp4

replace example.mov with the filename of the video you want to convert.

You will now have successfully converted your .mov file into a .mp4 file with 0 quality loss, and it should only have taken like 1 second to complete.

If you use Handbrake it might take hours, and it will result in a quality loss.

Clever

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Cloud convert is a free online website that will let you convert an unlimited size file if you sign up for free and don’t buy a plan 

Imagine everything i have written in a Linus Voice/ linus tone (Spock live long and prosper gif here ,idk why tho, i guess i just want to say that i like star trek and am waiting for new seasons of the ongoing shows), But seriously, a lot of what i type only makes sense when said in a Linus tone from an older ltt video (circa 2017-2019 & now 2024-onwards) basically before he got a beard and a lot of it should make sense even in a Linus with a beard face.

also note as per the latest typing test on my laptop, my accuracy is 69%

I'm not weird/creepy, I'm just observant I have ADHD and am not on any meds for it.

I'm going to have to agree with @LAwLz. Sure, Figuring out a command line program might take you an additional 10 minutes to wrap your head around it the first time. But those 10 minutes are well worth spending when ffmpeg can convert nearly any video or audio file you throw at it extremely quickly.