James

Buy a Ryzen 5800x3d: https://geni.us/A7wA2sX
Buy a Ryzen 7950X: https://geni.us/bSNf
Buy a Ryzen 7600X: https://geni.us/bZGspc
Buy a Ryzen 7900X: https://geni.us/zZBOzJ
Buy an Intel 12600K: https://geni.us/TJQqCTC
Buy an Intel 13600K: https://howl.me/cikwLTUaN9I
Buy an Intel 13900K: https://howl.me/cikwLVdik3b

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

AMD ushered in the new generation of desktop CPUs just last month, but Intel is clapping back in a major way. Can Team Red afford to sit on their Ryzen laurels? Or will 13th gen give them a run for their money… and customers?

Its been said way too many times recently but these little editor fixes are RIDICULOUSLY annoying.  If not caught when filming vs the script, then have the host send a voice note, or at least let the editor fill in the 1 second wrong word...

image.thumb.png.c44ed2ed16aa5776731414ac4794e45d.png

That's a lot of 12th gen Core i5s...

23 minutes ago, swimtome said:

Its been said way too many times recently but these little editor fixes are RIDICULOUSLY annoying.  If not caught when filming vs the script, then have the host send a voice note, or at least let the editor fill in the 1 second wrong word...

Agreed. I can understand errors like this happening on live stream VODs, but for pre-produced content like this is just looks sloppy. Editorial errors should be caught in the last stage of the production process, before the video goes live. The host could jump into a VO booth and loop their fix, and the end result would be much cleaner than playing pop-up video. This is also more accessible for viewers who are primarily listening to the video or just not waiting for editor corrections to pop on-screen.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, swimtome said:

Bonus points if it's meme-ific.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

9 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

That's a lot of 12th gen Core i5s...

And they forgot the i5 12500k and the i5 12100

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Looks like the Core i5 13600K is the star this generation - if you're a gamer, you really have no reason to buy anything more expensive.

That being said, that really only applies if you're building a new system. If you're on AM4, you should just stick with AM4 for now - or really, if your PC is still running everything fine, just keep it. After all, AMD will probably release their updated Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs in just a few months, and I'm sure Intel already has something in the pipeline to counter that with. Yeah, competition!

Meanwhile in 2024: Ivy Bridge-E has finally retired from gaming (but is still not dead).

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X; 64GB DDR5-6000; Radeon RX 6800XT Reference / Server: Intel Xeon 1680V2; 64GB DDR3-1600 ECC / Laptop:  Dell Precision 5540; Intel Core i7-9850H; NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB; 32GB DDR4

I'm kinda dumb but why is there nothing on the i7-13700K? Quick look online says it's been out already but I've seen nothing from LTT or Gamers Nexus

Launch pricing on the 13900k seems to be wack at the moment. It's unfortunate the review was based on Intel's RCP pricing of $589, but hopefully the prices will settle soon. Right now in the US we have:

BestBuy: $690

Microcenter: $570

Newegg: $660

B&H: $660

So I have a question about the thermal testing.  For Prime95, did you actually dissipate ~250watts continuously with the Noctua D15, or was there a switch to water cooling for that? 

21 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Bonus points if it's meme-ific.

bonus bonus if it's text to speeech

I understand this would take a metric ton of testing, but it would be really nice to see a database that would essentially show which GPU/CPU combinations are optimal based on bottlenecking and diminishing returns.  Anthony mentions the only way to really unlock the full potential of the 13900k is with a 4090, but what happens if I have a 3060?  2060?  What are the processors classes that match these GPUs where you aren't running into bottlenecks and diminishing returns. 

To me that would be the ultimate budget buyers guide for PC building.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

That's a lot of benchmark work, LTT team.

It's a soul-shattering realization that high-end "consumer" processors basically need water-cooling now. Also, my 2700X is probably ready for retirement already. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

These chips are actually a little better than I expected. But alas, I think I made the right decision with my 7700x because none of these chips will hold a candle to the 7800x3d this spring. If I lose a hundred bucks or so selling the 7700x so be it lol.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

Okay, so this isn't first time the LTT performance tables allude me. Why is it so hard for you guys to create a table that is easily readable so I don't have to stop every time you show something to me.

Making it more readable:
Colour mark the Companies
Sort them Top-down with per Performance tier, exempli gratia i9-13900k R9-7900X i7-13700k R7-7700X
Group them by company; i9-13900k i7-13700k and another group R9-7900X R7-7700X
Or just have the Top performer at the top, like a cpubenchmark.net graph.

Then another thing, why are you guys testing on Windows 11 when still only 12th Gen and newer (excluding AMD) gets a performance boost and everything else a performance hit?
https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/windows-11-2022-update-causing-games-to-stutter-and-frame-rates-to-drop

Why not test on Linux when Windows is the actual bottleneck? *this post was written by Linux gang*

br

5:15 Don't you mean, more GPU bound if putting less strain on the CPU? 12:15 Blue dots should be labelled 12600K Package Power?

3 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Not sure why a world class tech review company would be afraid to publish a CPU review.

This isn't anti clickbait, it's just silly.

That's why i come here to see the comments to just get an idea of the video without having to go through the rigmarole...

5 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Not sure why a world class tech review company would be afraid to publish a CPU review.

This isn't anti clickbait, it's just silly.

maybe they're afraid of the backlash from AMD fanboys because their chosen company isn't the winner this gen.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, Rogue-Agent said:

Okay, so this isn't first time the LTT performance tables allude me. Why is it so hard for you guys to create a table that is easily readable so I don't have to stop every time you show something to me.

Making it more readable:
Sort them Top-down with per Performance tier, exempli gratia i9-13900k R9-7900X i7-13700k R7-7700X

Then another thing, why are you guys testing on Windows 11 when still only 12th Gen and newer (excluding AMD) gets a performance boost and everything else a performance hit?
https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/windows-11-2022-update-causing-games-to-stutter-and-frame-rates-to-drop

Why not test on Linux when Windows is the actual bottleneck? *this post was written by Linux gang*

br

I wish they'd show some things too instead of just throwing charts and graphs. Give us a variety of gameplay footage, show windows booting, running tasks, etc. 

Are we going to get full-load temps like in AIDA or Cinebench? I saw some voices critizicing LMG for not posting those "gaming temps are vague".
My bad, was distracted while watching, probably like others.

14 hours ago, Your_Stalker said:

I'm kinda dumb but why is there nothing on the i7-13700K? Quick look online says it's been out already but I've seen nothing from LTT or Gamers Nexus

I would expect that they, and other reviewers, only received 13900K and 13600K as review samples to benchmark ahead of release.

13 hours ago, Rogue-Agent said:

Making it more readable:

br

Agree on the graphs part. Like how hard is it to arrange them based on the performance numbers? Why is 294 avg. FPS for Shadow of the Tomb Raider for 13600k below 255 avg. FPS for 12700k?

The graphs ARE the reviews for such things and as soon as they are wrongly ordered/numbered/represented, the review video becomes a chore to sit through. Please LTT team, get someone to look at the video entirely before releasing it.

The video feels very sloppily made. Like they had to rush in last minute and make the video. I get that the video had to be released around the same time as the others but you could have delayed an hour or two and fixed the mistakes rather than damage your integrity to get some extra views early on. 

I really don't like these graphs, it hurts my brain to look at the, need to pause for ages to get a clue of wtf im looking at.

image.thumb.png.6e09fab4b17e7ff22eaee7bbbacb7040.png