Wan show taken down October 14, 2022

TheBean

Had a stressfull day my highlight of the day was to get home turn on the wan show and relax and than this happend.

O well if he is going to move again maybe we get new vids of his new house.

I have to say, it's highly exceptional for me to not start my weekend with listening to the WAN show while I wind down.

It's been my routine since I moved out, so at least 7 years.

Oh well, I completely understand why it's been taken offline. Patiently awaiting a reupload!

7 hours ago, yolosnail said:

If he lived in the US, it wouldn't be fans visiting that would be my main concern! 

I assume swatting isn't as much of a concern in Canada?

Mounties don’t do no-knocks without a warrant.

Any info if the episode will make it to YT or if it will remain FT exclusive? I know they are very sensitive of the number of videos they upload per day. 

5 hours ago, gottahavit said:

Oh Sure, Amazon should implement an "I'm too stupid to not show my personal info to the world feature" for like the 5 people who need it....LMAO

I mean,

The only reason I can even justify this is because Amazon owns twitch, and every year there are Prime Day Sales streams and such... but otherwise it's useless.

so is it just not going to be reuploaded? Even if you don't want to put it on youtube you should at least have it accessible from somewhere that isn't paywalled imo.

13 minutes ago, Tylerr said:

so is it just not going to be reuploaded? Even if you don't want to put it on youtube you should at least have it accessible from somewhere that isn't paywalled imo.

Usually they edit out the part they don't want to be public and then re-upload. The edit and re-upload could take some time.

Just now, Jimbo81 said:

Usually they edit out the part they don't want to be public and then re-upload. The edit and re-upload could take some time.

They had it back up on Floatplane over 17 hours ago (at least), and it doesn't take that long to upload a YouTube video, does it? 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

5 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

They had it back up on Floatplane over 17 hours ago (at least), and it doesn't take that long to upload a YouTube video, does it? 

People were saying it can take a while but if it takes this long to upload and process a video, how does anyone get topical videos up in a timely manner? I feel like it's ready but being held back for some other reason.

28 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

Oh, I didn't know it was on floatplane already with the edit. Yeah - not sure why they wouldn't have re-posted to YouTube also.

How on earth did he manage to do this? I just checked Amazon and nowhere does it show my address, until I actually go through the checkout procedure (or go into my personal details page). Sure, it shows the name of my town and my zip code - both of which would probably known about his address. There's nothing there for anyone to identify my street or house/apartment number. So how did he manage to do that?

39 minutes ago, Vortagh said:

How on earth did he manage to do this? I just checked Amazon and nowhere does it show my address, until I actually go through the checkout procedure (or go into my personal details page). Sure, it shows the name of my town and my zip code - both of which would probably known about his address. There's nothing there for anyone to identify my street or house/apartment number. So how did he manage to do that?

Probably had one like an invoice or something open in a tab prior and didn't close. Doesn't take much to accidently open that tab on stream later. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, W.D. Stevens said:

People were saying it can take a while but if it takes this long to upload and process a video, how does anyone get topical videos up in a timely manner? I feel like it's ready but being held back for some other reason.

Most people aren't uploading videos that are 2+ hours long. On reddit 21 hours ago Dan said it was processing on youtube and than edited an hour later saying it wouldn't be done until tomorrow (today). It does seem to be taking its time processing though. When they stream the show live and it ends, and I am an hour behind like usual, I get kicked out of the stream and it seems like the video is up pretty fast on their main page. So I don't think this is normally how long it takes.

30 minutes ago, Excellent said:

Most people aren't uploading videos that are 2+ hours long.

That's true but - and I know it's a different platform - but I upload to Vimeo videos that are about the same length on a regular basis for my work and the longest I've seen it take to process and convert one of them was probably a bit over half an hour?

Even accounting for platform differences, I think it unlikely for it to take 40x as long on YouTube.

I was wondering the same. I usually watch after work which is after the live stream ends. I was surprised to see it not appear on YouTube.

So like... is this just forever lost unless we pay for floatplane?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, Dutch_Master said:

It's online on YT now:

I love how the title fits this whole mishap so well

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

1 hour ago, Dutch_Master said:

It's online on YT now:

Dammit, I checked this morning and seriously, it might have been like 1 hour 10 minutes ago, and genuinely looking through these last posts thought "are they going to keep it FP exclusive".

Thank you for the link 🙂

Athan is pronounced like Nathan without the N. <3

43 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

I love how the title fits this whole mishap so well

Except it doesn't, because he's done it so many times we've lost count!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

36 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

Except it doesn't, because he's done it so many times we've lost count!

I meant "Unlaunched". 

No need to bring down the mood 🙂

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

On 10/15/2022 at 3:59 PM, Helpful Tech Witch said:

It could still show it in checkout, basically anywhere where you need it

but it shows when you would never need to see it and could lead to stuff like accidental doxxing

Unless Linus has a special Amazon, this only showed suburb or he was IN the checkout / an invoice etc.

The accidental doxxing is more of a Linus problem than an Amazon problem. I also didn't see the stream, on the product page the suburb is relevant there because if you have multiple addresses, some things aren't available at other addresses, or have different postage costs / delivery times. That goes to whether or not you even add it to cart, basically the cart is 'too late' for basic details like which address you have selected to show up. Amazon aren't going to reduce their cart conversion to help one person with quite a unique problem. 

24 minutes ago, Hohne said:

Unless Linus has a special Amazon, this only showed suburb or he was IN the checkout / an invoice etc.

The accidental doxxing is more of a Linus problem than an Amazon problem. I also didn't see the stream, on the product page the suburb is relevant there because if you have multiple addresses, some things aren't available at other addresses, or have different postage costs / delivery times. That goes to whether or not you even add it to cart, basically the cart is 'too late' for basic details like which address you have selected to show up. Amazon aren't going to reduce their cart conversion to help one person with quite a unique problem. 

That doesn't matter. If you already have so much info on him, it will be super easy to find his house. There only has to be only 1 sicko to have seen this and start bothering them, for this to be a huge problem.