Wan show taken down October 14, 2022

TheBean

I was watching the live stream 30 minutes behind and it says it is unavailable. What happened?

What happened to the WAN show? It's suddenly unavailable... Linus... did you dox yourself again?

I was also a fair bit behind, but people on Reddit are saying that Linus showed his home address when he opened Amazon. That's not the first time he's leaked his new address on the WAN Show, so why he continues to use a computer that could potentially expose sensitive information is beyond me. 

No clue if that's actually what happened, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Same here. I'm guessing that when the live stream ended YT killed it rather than let us catch up.  We'll have to wait for the archived show to finish it out.

Edit:  I see that it happened on multiple platforms, so YT is off the hook. The self-dox theory has increased plausibility. LOL

We should see an edited archive copy soon enough.

Oh, in another post says it was another self-own doxxing...🤣  I was watching the last time he did that.

HEY LINUS - TRY NOT USING YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER ON STREAM, AND DON"T LOGIN TO YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNTS WHILE DOING IT, MKAY? 🤣

Same! I rarely catch the wan show live as I'm in the UK.  I was watching 30 mins behind and boom, where go wan show??

Poor Linus. They really went out of their way with the new place to try to keep it private. I can't imagine the lump in his throat when he has to tell Yvonne. Then, he'll have to sleep on the couch for a while (or the doghouse). Seriously though, that sucks. I'm glad it wasn't something worse. My first thoughts, after cursing Google for a tech fail (with ya Luke!), was something might have happened to someone live so it got yanked. Glad it wasn't that at least.

2 minutes ago, Ign0tus said:

They really went out of their way with the new place to try to keep it private. 

Only after the address was shown on WAN Show over a year ago when they were first discussing the house. It was so bad that time that people were spreading the address itself on Reddit until moderators managed to clear it up. This kind of thing just shouldn't happen. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

I was 30 mins behind, too. Multiple people on Reddit are saying it was Linus accidently leaking his home address. And if it wasn't that, I'd still bet it was something that was leaked that they just couldn't hand wave away.

Hopefully it comes back for the night, like a "part 2". I was hoping to watch the show this week as well.

It is believed sensitive information may have been displayed so it was taken down to scrub it before reupload at a later date /time. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yeah same happened for me, I’m 99% sure all of y’all are right, address accidentally leaked and now it’s just damage control.

Amazon really should implement a streamer mode where things like addresses are hidden/blocked unless manually shown. Not just for live streams, but just in general I don't really see why your full address would need to be shown outside of checkout, maybe a chrome addon exists to do exactly that. If not, someone should make one lol.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

1 minute ago, Birblover12 said:

Amazon really should implement a streamer mode where things like addresses are hidden/blocked unless manually shown. Not just for live streams, but just in general I don't really see why your full address would need to be shown outside of checkout, maybe a chrome addon exists to do exactly that. If not, someone should make one lol.

I said something similar on Twitter, but it's actually a really hard problem.  Not unlike the hockey game AI ads they talked about earlier in the show.  But with a worse side-effect: if done badly, the redactions could actually  reveal the very things you're trying to keep secret.  Suppose Linus' address is  on "Main street", it would be a big tell if every document with "main" in it had the word "main" redacted.  An alternate implementation would be to not allow Linus to share his screen at all until possible violations are highlighted and reviewed.

But best practice would simply be to use a different laptop where he has no personal logins.  It creates more work, sharing things that are public to a secondary account for use on the WAN show, but it would dramatically lower the risks.

6 minutes ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

I said something similar on Twitter, but it's actually a really hard problem.  Not unlike the hockey game AI ads they talked about earlier in the show.  But with a worse side-effect: if done badly, the redactions could actually  reveal the very things you're trying to keep secret.  Suppose Linus' address is  on "Main street", it would be a big tell if every document with "main" in it had the word "main" redacted.  An alternate implementation would be to not allow Linus to share his screen at all until possible violations are highlighted and reviewed.

But best practice would simply be to use a different laptop where he has no personal logins.  It creates more work, sharing things that are public to a secondary account for use on the WAN show, but it would dramatically lower the risks.

its not hard for amazon just to have a box over the home adress you have to click to show, there are no issues with that??

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

Am I thinking of something else or was this video titled "UNLAUNCHED" when it started?

Ironic, if true.

WAN show is now Unlaunched 

1 hour ago, Helpful Tech Witch said:

its not hard for amazon just to have a box over the home adress you have to click to show, there are no issues with that??

It's not that this is difficult, it's more that it would probably result in people getting things delivered to the wrong address 1,000,000x more than it would help anyone with their extremely niche case.