Oculus Rift experiment

l3lackmoses

This would be difficult if all the soldiers in the world would experience lag while in world war 4 or something.

Live your life like a dream.

How are you gettin spanish from that? It's swedish

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I seen this before. was this posted yesterday?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I can't watch the video properly because it constantly buffers with my connection. Talk about lag... :(

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I get between .7 and 1.2 on my 3.0 service.

I like how my in-game ping can be 35-900ms depending on time of day, with no other internet services being used.

my ping can go from 60 - 200 in matter of seconds, and back again. ISP bottleneck

I'm kinda surprised that all it takes to change Oculus from VR to Augmented reality is a Webcam and a Raspberry Pi.

i feel like this is Bullshit by the ISP

increased latency without judder will not be fixed by higher bandwidth

this is a latency issue 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I'm kinda surprised that all it takes to change Oculus from VR to Augmented reality is a Webcam and a Raspberry Pi.

How is that suprising? hooking up a webcam to a screen..  just open the camera on your phone and hold it to your eyes- basically the same thing

I hope a company can integrate VR into something as small as google glass. Then you could walk around and have a HUD over your eyes all day :P and you could play battlefield in your garden 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

my ping can go from 60 - 200 in matter of seconds, and back again. ISP bottleneck

I know the feeling.

I feel sad for all of you who have to live with this :

L7IOP2U.jpg

I don't.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

How is that suprising? hooking up a webcam to a screen..  just open the camera on your phone and hold it to your eyes- basically the same thing

I just meant the ghettoness of the setup was surprising (in a good way). Not that it was a surprising technical feat.

I'm continually impressed by how people utilize the Raspberry Pi

I just meant the ghettoness of the setup was surprising (in a good way). Not that it was a surprising technical feat.

I'm continually impressed by how people utilize the Raspberry Pi

And theres me not knowing what the hell to do with it...I am like the least creative person ever though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii