California Just Passed a Law that Will Destroy the Internet

whm1974
18 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Lastly your misplaced opinion about North Americans id way off, you need to tone that way down as you are getting pretty borderline prejudice. What the world sees it what our news media shows, and I can tell it doesn't show you what we are like outside the largest cities. The majority of the US for instance is very well off in terms of normalcy. The shit in the coastlines and the larger city are so far wack its not funny. You do more research and open your mind to more than what you see on tv and what others tell you. 

As someone who lives in the Midwestern US ~30 Mins from St. Louis in IL, I agree with on this.

The Nanny State strikes again...

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I don't get where everyone is coming up with this age verification thing. there s 0 requirement for it or even reference to it in the bill the closest thing it comes to is figure out the rough age and if they seem to be a child then you need to do certain things

estimate age or age range for any other purpose or retain that personal information longer than necessary to estimate age. Age assurance shall be proportionate to the risks and data practice of an online service, product, or feature

the only time verify was mentioned was tied to an existing bill that requires you make sure when you sell something or a service that the person is of legal age to buy it.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Oh great, more annoying prompts in which I input a random age in the 19xx.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

22 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

The shit in the coastlines and the larger city are so far wack its not funny. You do more research and open your mind to more than what you see on tv and what others tell you. 

Your misplaced opinion about the coastlines and the larger citys is way off, you need to tone that way down as you are getting pretty borderline prejudice. What the world sees is what our news media shows, and I can tell it doesn't show you what we are like on the coastlines and inside the largest cities. The majority of  US for instance are very well off in terms of normalcy. The shit about the coastlines and the larger city on TV is so far wack its not funny. You do more research and open your mind to more than what you see on tv and what others tell you. 

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

19 minutes ago, Hairless Monkey Boy said:

Your misplaced opinion about the coastlines and the larger citys is way off, you need to tone that way down as you are getting pretty borderline prejudice. What the world sees is what our news media shows, and I can tell it doesn't show you what we are like on the coastlines and inside the largest cities. The majority of  US for instance are very well off in terms of normalcy. The shit about the coastlines and the larger city on TV is so far wack its not funny. You do more research and open your mind to more than what you see on tv and what others tell you. 

Not sure where your going with this other than failing in the attempt to mock me. I've been to both coastlines and to several of our largest city's. Its fair to say I am not speaking about the rural areas. If I need to be more specific for you I can be but you obviously misunderstood the point of those comments. 🙄  I tend to speak from a position of experience not assumptions and authority. 

If you going to give input do yourself a favor and be original, you'll appear less cynical or ignorant.

I don't watch TV.  I do my due diligence. 🤔

*edit

Wait did you just like me earlier comments? I'm confused...why did you quote me to me?

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

15 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I'm confused...why did you quote me to me?

The correct response was "touché".

In case it wasn't entirely clear, I replaced in your comment everywhere that you said "North America" with "the coastlines and largest cities". In your argument against generalizing "North America", you yourself generalized the coastlines and largest cities. You argue against "borderline prejudice", while yourself displaying it. It makes no sense to me, and I had to hold a mirror up for you, giving you an opportunity for introspection. But, I fear you have squandered that opportunity.

16 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Wait did you just like me earlier comments?

Yes. I like your earlier comment. I like several of your earlier comments. You seem like a really good dad. 👍 Your kids are lucky to have you.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

3 hours ago, Hairless Monkey Boy said:

The correct response was "touché".

In case it wasn't entirely clear, I replaced in your comment everywhere that you said "North America" with "the coastlines and largest cities". In your argument against generalizing "North America", you yourself generalized the coastlines and largest cities. You argue against "borderline prejudice", while yourself displaying it. It makes no sense to me, and I had to hold a mirror up for you, giving you an opportunity for introspection. But, I fear you have squandered that opportunity.

I suppose touché would be aptly applicable here.

I guess let me re-phrase it then [if I can], the comment wasn't meant to show any direct prejudice, just presenting an unfortunate fact to steer away from any unintended, "the US is perfect and infallible" from creeping out from under everything else I said. The other member has a strong assumption about the US that is apparent that it is skewed. The cities I was avoiding pointing out by use of generalizing are Seatle, Portland, Las Angeles, San Fransisco, New York, Boston and Chicago, and a few other coastal and inland towns that have allowed themselves to culture the wackiest of the weirdness happening and this doesn't apply to the city(s) as a whole, there are still plenty of good minded people in those towns caught in what going on. I was using the US coastlines and cities as I not Canadian, so I didn't want to speak out of turn about another country.  What seems prejudice is not but in fact is what it is. Now there are some spots in the midwest even here in Iowa [Davenport, Iowa City, Des Moines] that have their issues that are slowly imitating those others I listed, but my generalization was to help keep my comment short enough but still convey what I was presenting.

My only real prejudice is the lower half of California and Chicago, and that prejudice is squarely placed and earned unfortunately. From my travels in [and out] the service I witnessed many things in these places, and it bothers me. Anyhow I need to stop as I will more or less derail the topic if I continue. I hope this clears up my train of thought for the previous comment.

3 hours ago, Hairless Monkey Boy said:

Yes. I like your earlier comment. I like several of your earlier comments. You seem like a really good dad. 👍 Your kids are lucky to have you.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

I struggle to constantly find that balance as they grow older and with the changes going on in this country. They have the privilege to do as they wish [within respectable means of course] and I make sure that even though they and I don't always agree I remind them, that when they turn 18 and move out, they may do as they wish on their own terms but as long as they are my responsibility and I am liable for them they get to stay with the limitations their mother and I set for them.

Another thing I didn't mention before is we don't just set rules as black and white; we set the rules and adjust those rules as we find merit to do so, we also make sure our children understand them and we discuss action and consequence. I don't blindly set limitations on our children as that would be wrong and would culture a child to rebel as was brought up. Being a good parent allows for a great deal of flexibility, not every situation is the same or every child the same. Our oldest is much different than the youngest so we have to discipline differently or apply the rules differently to fit their traits as a person. We set different restrictions on each child as each has earned their own level of trust with us. There are so many variables to parenting that are overlooked until one becomes a parent and even then, there are variables that appear nonexistent until a certain age or situation pops up.

Anyhow I could author a book about this, but I have gone on long enough, you seem to get it. Thank you for the kind words.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER