Buying PC components from Chinese sellers on eBay. Good idea?

I'm hunting around for particular PC components to build a new computer so I turned to eBay and, unfortunately,

found the majority of them are being sold from China.

I checked this article out on buying items from China on eBay and used it as a reference to watch a a couple of items whose

sellers have mostly postivie feedback. But I thought I'd ask around here for some further help and advice.

Thanks.

Unless you really know what you are doing, getting scammed is way too easy.
You can't even look at the reviews, because they do this a LOT. Legit seller sells stuff until he has good reviews rating, then sells his Ebay account to a scammer or starts scamming himself, and boom, he can sell pure garbage with good ratings.

If you want to buy from China okay, but avoid GPUS, as they are like 101% fake gt710s in RTX cards shell.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Unless you really know what you are doing, getting scammed is way too easy.
You can't even look at the reviews, because they do this a LOT. Legit seller sells stuff until he has good reviews rating, then sells his Ebay account to a scammer or starts scamming himself, and boom, he can sell pure garbage with good ratings.

If you want to buy from China okay, but avoid GPUS, as they are like 101% fake gt710s in RTX cards shell.

GT710s would be an upgrade in most cases 😛

GT200 or 400 series cards usually are the go to still but 700 if you're lucky

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I'd say you can buy stuff like aircoolers, fans, cables, without much risk of being scammed

Now don't buy a GPU there ! 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

31 minutes ago, Shutset said:

I'm hunting around for particular PC components to build a new computer so I turned to eBay and, unfortunately,

found the majority of them are being sold from China.

I checked this article out on buying items from China on eBay and used it as a reference to watch a a couple of items whose

sellers have mostly postivie feedback. But I thought I'd ask around here for some further help and advice.

Thanks.

What components?

Basically 99% of the components are a scam, are copies or are just plain different products.

That and if you do get a legit thing the shipping takes forever and often you end up with busted stuff due to poor/no packaging

I see. In answer to everyones question, I'm looking for a rare CPU.

I should dig that old GTX 780 out of my garage...

ebay and well any site feedback is a scam. like chines sellers they will sell alot ot cheap crap and well a feedback is feedback and then they can use it to start scamming with overpriced goods. not only that you can buy from each other and not ship and still fet feedback... or have alt accounts.

on amazon you see thousands of items sold for something and they can list multiy items in one listing and each i think adds to the total feedback its all a scam. the reviews are also a scam alot dont even say what item its talking about or is in a different language... 

point is you can be scammed anywhere any time... i been scammed on all of them.  but ya dont buy a gpu...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 8/9/2022 at 8:00 AM, Shutset said:

I see. In answer to everyones question, I'm looking for a rare CPU.

Which one?

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

This maybe a hot take but I think the used market is a risk and prices should reflect that. What a person bought it for means nothing. A 2 year old graphic card is not worth 75 % of it's MSRP maybe 50%. Buying new it comes with a warranty so you have a set amount of time that it is going to last. If I was buying from a friend I may pay more but not ebay.

Last month I bought 6500xt for 100 cnd used off Facebook because price match risk