Just another hot take on the backpack warranty

JesseCarl

I just know that if i spend 250$ on a backpack that i am gonna use almost daily, i am for sure buying one that has at least 3 years of warranty. Doesn´t matter who sells it.

That said, i couldn´t find anything about the backpack warranty on the store. How long is it now? Just the 6 months that are forced by law? (Found out that warranty is still WIP meanwhile)

Tbh a store where i can´t find the warranty immediately is something i won´t shop at. And i can´t understand that a product that was planned for so long now is released and the warranty is still WIP.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I just know that if i spend 250$ on a backpack that i am gonna use almost daily, i am for sure buying one that has at least 3 years of warranty. Doesn´t matter who sells it.

That said, i couldn´t find anything about the backpack warranty on the store. How long is it now? Just the 6 months that are forced by law? (Found out that warranty is still WIP meanwhile)

Tbh a store where i can´t find the warranty immediately is something i won´t shop at. And i can´t understand that a product that was planned for so long now is released and the warranty is still WIP.

wan show. its in lawyer hand atm. so ltt waiting till there done. before putting said info on site.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Yep, got that meanwhile @dogwitch. I just don´t understand how you can release a product that has gone trough a long phase of development and aren´t able to get the warranty done in time. Imagine any hardware company doing that. Linus would shit all over them in a video.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yep, got that meanwhile @dogwitch. I just don´t understand how you can release a product that has gone trough a long phase of development and aren´t able to get the warranty done in time. Imagine any hardware company doing that. Linus would shit all over them in a video.

have you even seen anything move blazing fast in legal system?

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

IIRC Linus has stated that they’ve had discussions internally in regards to warranty specifically for screwdriver and they didn’t expect this response from the public for the backpack. 
They have been playing catch-up due to the public outcry from his off the top of his head comments last WAN show in regards to warranty. Their internal policy for customer support hasn’t changed but they are implementing an explicit warranty before backpack ships.

@DeltaBruggemann It already has shipped. There is reviews on the store page so obviously people already have them and paid for them.

And i really don´t care why, if i spend 250$ on something i expect everything to be clear about warranty. That´s just how a professional business should work no matter who or what product.we talk about. 

The public outcry and playing catchup only happened because the whole issue wasn´t done how it should be done. Really their own fault.

Would you buy a CPU if you had no clue about warranty? One that is quite expensive for what it is, mind you. Not saying it´s overpriced, i am sure the price is ok for the quality, but it is an expensive backpack.

20 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@DeltaBruggemann It already has shipped. There is reviews on the store page so obviously people already have them and paid for them.

And i really don´t care why, if i spend 250$ on something i expect everything to be clear about warranty. That´s just how a professional business should work no matter who or what product.we talk about. 

The public outcry and playing catchup only happened because the whole issue wasn´t done how it should be done. Really their own fault.

Would you buy a CPU if you had no clue about warranty? One that is quite expensive for what it is, mind you. Not saying it´s overpriced, i am sure the price is ok for the quality, but it is an expensive backpack.

Those people got early access through a pop up store in Vancouver and at the Whale LAN event they held recently. There’s was also over 19,000 orders for backpack from people who didn’t care if the backpack came with a warranty or not.

I’m not saying they handled it perfectly and they have admitted that themselves. We need to keep in mind that is first time LTT has sold a product of this price and category so there are going to be some expected hiccups along the way. 

On 8/8/2022 at 7:53 AM, dizmo said:

Taken straight from a union website.

Just a little jump in.
But that is what a union does?
I dont know if anyone in this thread is part of a union or knows what they does, but to quote him and say that is like me saying something and say trust me bro