gtx 980 ti xtreme waterforce price problem

bal723
Go to solution Solved by bal723,

ima close this

I found a deal on avito (russian eBay)

and seller tells that's the only gpu of this type (water cooled) on avito (it really is), but he doesn't know anything in hardware, and he asks how many money can I offer for it (I can offer 15-17k (250-285$) rubles) but I don't know the selling price of it. If someone own one of it, can you tell me for what price ya got it, plz.

In most of Europe a 980Ti (very old card btw) is going for around €150-200 now (roughly the same in USD).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

So first that card is not worth over 200$ and secondly its 7+ years old that watercooler is basically about to die or might even be dead. These aio cards have a lifespan of 5 years max

Dont get it this thing is gonna cost you a lot of money to fix when it breaks very soon

TBH I wouldn't recommend you get that card in general. First, it's a 980 Ti, those are known to have VRM issues pretty much across the board, so the GPU itself might not last that long. Second, an AIO version of this card is not really a great idea, it's a 7 year old AIO at best, so the pump is likely on its way out and you'll need to replace the AIO. 

If you can low ball the crap out of him and get it for like $50-100 US equivalent, then maybe it would make sense, but I'd be looking for other cards, 1070s, 1660s, etc. 

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

So first that card is not worth over 200$ and secondly its 7+ years old that watercooler is basically about to die or might even be dead. These aio cards have a lifespan of 5 years max

Dont get it this thing is gonna cost you a lot of money to fix when it breaks very soon

its unused, he bought it 7 years ago and left in old house, and he found it and sells now, its not even unpacked

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

TBH I wouldn't recommend you get that card in general. First, it's a 980 Ti, those are known to have VRM issues pretty much across the board, so the GPU itself might not last that long. Second, an AIO version of this card is not really a great idea, it's a 7 year old AIO at best, so the pump is likely on its way out and you'll need to replace the AIO. 

If you can low ball the crap out of him and get it for like $50-100 US equivalent, then maybe it would make sense, but I'd be looking for other cards, 1070s, 1660s, etc. 

16th series expensive as hell

and 1070 is for the same price, but its louder

I wouldn't pay more than $50 for that card. Butr then again, no one should be buying a card that old for gaming. If you are using it for plex, or something like that, then its still got some use under its belt.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

16th series expensive as hell

and 1070 is for the same price, but its louder

Get the 1070. It may be louder but at least I'd expect it to live for more than a year. It's also a faster card in general. 

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

In most of Europe a 980Ti (very old card btw) is going for around €150-200 now (roughly the same in USD).

980 ti isn't very old for a gpu

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Get the 1070. It may be louder but at least I'd expect it to live for more than a year. It's also a faster card in general. 

but these gpu are bassicly the same, and lifespan doesn't matter

Just now, bal723 said:

its unused, he bought it 7 years ago and left in old house, and he found it and sells now, its not even unpacked

Oh that thing is megadead then. These loops LOSE water and are NOT refillable. This thing is dead who knows where its been store might have even frozen.

See it like this you are buying a closed box with possibly a gtx980ti in there for money that normally gets you a card that performs the same if now better new. If there is a 980ti in there nobody knows if it works. The lifespan of the aio is about 5 years used or not.

So basically you are buying a 980ti for a lot of money AND the likelyhood that it works normally is basically 0. Even if it works now its not gonna work for long as that loop is far too old and forget about fixing that for cheap. Ive done it and its not cheap as usually the pump breaks so you need a reservoir, pump, fluid, tube adapter and fittings which is easily 100$ or more.

So tldr dont buy it I can basically guarantee you its busted/will break very quickly

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh that thing is megadead then. These loops LOSE water and are NOT refillable. This thing is dead who knows where its been store might have even frozen.

See it like this you are buying a closed box with possibly a gtx980ti in there for money that normally gets you a card that performs the same if now better new. If there is a 980ti in there nobody knows if it works. The lifespan of the aio is about 5 years used or not.

So basically you are buying a 980ti for a lot of money AND the likelyhood that it works normally is basically 0. Even if it works now its not gonna work for long as that loop is far too old and forget about fixing that for cheap. Ive done it and its not cheap as usually the pump breaks so you need a reservoir, pump, fluid, tube adapter and fittings which is easily 100$ or more.

So tldr dont buy it I can basically guarantee you its busted/will break very quickly

then what to get???? With this prices???????

4 minutes ago, bal723 said:

The 1070 can work that 980ti is almost guaranteed dead, disfunctional or has weeks left to live

Just now, jaslion said:

The 1070 can work that 980ti is almost guaranteed dead, disfunctional or has weeks left to live

fuck the 10th gen

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

then what to get???? With this prices???????

Well lets start with basic questions

What are your system specs (psu in detail we need the model)

What is your budget?

What will the pc be used for? (describe the applications and usecases)

Just now, jaslion said:

What is your budget?

nothing: haven't built pc yet

500$

racing sim games

Just now, bal723 said:

nothing: haven't built pc yet

500$

racing sim games

What racing games?

500$ in russia is at best gonna get you a 5600g system that wont be a crapshoot even that would be a stretch.

Best you can do is look for used complete systems basically

Tgat 980ti + a decent psu would've basically meant you had like 140$ left for cpu, board, ram, storage, case and cooler which wouldnt have happened

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What is your budget?

also I'm not trying to get upgradeable hardware or get as much performance as I can, I need a PC to look very cool at first

Just now, bal723 said:

also I'm not trying to get upgradeable hardware or get as much performance as I can, I need a PC to look very cool at first

For 500 thats basically forget about it. At best you'll get some rgb fans that came with the case

Just now, jaslion said:

What racing games?

500$ in russia is at best gonna get you a 5600g system that wont be a crapshoot even that would be a stretch.

Tgat 980ti + a decent psu would've basically meant you had like 140$ left for cpu, board, ram, storage, case and cooler which wouldnt have happened

forza horizon 5, forza horizon 4, assetto corsa competizone, F1 22

What racing games?

the 980 ti is 15k rub and psu is 2.3k rub. And the other is for xeon cpu and etc

Just now, bal723 said:

the 980 ti is 15k rub and psu is 2.3k rub. And the other is for xeon cpu and etc

What psu? 2.3k is so little that sounds like something thatd kill your pc.

Either way that 980ti is not something you should get for afformentioned reasons.

Xeon is very very vague. Anything that isnt a xeon v5 or newer shouldnt really be looked at

10 minutes ago, bal723 said:

980 ti isn't very old for a gpu

By GPU standards it is. 

9 minutes ago, bal723 said:

The 1070 is just a better overall card though, more VRAM, actually good DX12 performance, lower power consumption (can save money on the PSU), and won't randomly die on you. In what world does lifespan not matter? The 980 Ti will likely die within 6-12 months at most, and if your budget is only $500 you probably can't afford to replace it. 

What psu? 2.3k is so little that sounds like something thatd kill your pc.

Either way that 980ti is not something you should get for afformentioned reasons.

Xeon is very very vague. Anything that isnt a xeon v5 or newer shouldnt really be looked at

aerocool vx 600w pretty good psu