gtx 980 ti xtreme waterforce price problem

bal723
Go to solution Solved by bal723,

ima close this

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

By GPU standards it is. 

The 1070 is just a better overall card though, more VRAM, actually good DX12 performance, lower power consumption (can save money on the PSU), and won't randomly die on you. In what world does lifespan not matter? The 980 Ti will likely die within 6-12 months at most, and if your budget is only $500 you probably can't afford to replace it. 

it isn't old, plus psus are cheap anyways

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

aerocool vx 600w pretty good psu

("F, replace immediately" on the tier list)

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, bal723 said:

aerocool vx 600w pretty good psu

Thats literally amongst some of the worst psu's you can get. Dont buy that hazard. This thing will basically blow up when you use the computer

Just now, jaslion said:

Thats literally amongst some of the worst psu's you can get. Dont buy that hazard

why should I pay extra money for useless psu

Just now, bal723 said:

it isn't old

It's 7 years old. That's geriatric by GPU standards. Maxwell will also be next on the chopping block for driver support, probably shortly after 40-series releases.

Just now, bal723 said:

plus psus are cheap anyways

Not ones you should actually buy.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, bal723 said:

So your system and possibly your house don't burn up. 

Just now, Middcore said:

It's 7 years old. That's geriatric by GPU standards. Maxwell will also be next on the chopping block for driver support, probably shortly after 40-series releases.

Not ones you should actually buy.

anyways "shrug"

Just now, bal723 said:

anyways "shrug"

If this is your attitude towards people taking the time to give you advice in good faith, we're all wasting our time. 

Just now, bal723 said:

See it this way. The power supply is so bad here that it can literally burst into flames.

You need quality in a psu its what gives everything life. A bad psu kills your components and is also potentially harmfull for you (fire, chemicals, schoking hazard)

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

If this is your attitude towards people taking the time to give you advice in good faith, we're all wasting our time. 

Yup I love that this forum has an ignore button for this

Just now, jaslion said:

See it this way. The power supply is so bad here that it can literally burst into flames.

You need quality in a psu its what gives everything life. A bad psu kills your components and is also potentially harmfull for you (fire, chemicals, schoking hazard)

but why should I buy a high end psu for a mid range pc? It won't give any fps.

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

but why should I buy a high end psu for a mid range pc? It won't give any fps.

Nobody said you need to buy a high end PSU. We said you need to buy a not trash PSU, for the reasons @jaslion described. 

Just now, bal723 said:

but why should I buy a high end psu for a mid range pc

You don't need to buy a high end unit, you should buy a mid range unit. We aren't saying go out and buy an AX1600i or something like that, we're saying get something that won't catch fire after half an hour, something more along the lines of a CX550

Also previous gen high end cards do usually require higher end PSUs because they do draw more power and have higher transients. 

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Nobody said you need to buy a high end PSU. We said you need to buy a not trash PSU, for the reasons @jaslion described. 

Its not trash psu, its the most popular ones

tell me at least 2 names of psus that I should buy

Just now, bal723 said:

Its not trash psu, its the most popular ones

McDonalds is one of the most popular restaurants in the world. Their food must be high quality and nutritious, right? 

30 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

TBH I wouldn't recommend you get that card in general. First, it's a 980 Ti, those are known to have VRM issues pretty much across the board, so the GPU itself might not last that long. Second, an AIO version of this card is not really a great idea, it's a 7 year old AIO at best, so the pump is likely on its way out and you'll need to replace the AIO. 

If you can low ball the crap out of him and get it for like $50-100 US equivalent, then maybe it would make sense, but I'd be looking for other cards, 1070s, 1660s, etc. 

I ran an MSI 980ti 6g from 2019 to 2022 without problems, and I had the thing bios modded with a 350w power limit. Ran it overclocked 24/7 and it never gave me a headache. Custom 980tis are fine.

Just now, ExalyThor said:

I ran an MSI 980ti 6g from 2019 to 2022 without problems, and I had the thing bios modded with a 350w power limit. Ran it overclocked 24/7 and it never gave me a headache. Custom 980tis are fine.

Finally someone who had this gpu used

Just now, ExalyThor said:

You're ignoring the much more serious issue that the AIO cooler on the card OP wants is either past or right at its expiration date. 

Just now, bal723 said:

Finally someone who had this gpu used

He didn't though. Unless his card was the MSI Sea Hawk, his didn't have the liquid cooler, which we keep telling you is the main reason not to buy. 

Just now, Middcore said:

He didn't though. Unless his card was the MSI Sea Hawk, his didn't have the liquid cooler, which we keep telling you is the main reason not to buy. 

hM, anyways

Just now, bal723 said:

hM, anyways

And on the ignore list you go. 

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

You're ignoring the much more serious issue that the AIO cooler on the card OP wants is either past or right at its expiration date. 

TLDR, I just defended 980ti custom pcbs. I dismiss watercooling in general. You got the op's back with buying advice. Personally I'd avoid maxwell because it will reach eol rather soon, plus no freesync support.

1 minute ago, ExalyThor said:

You got the op's back with buying advice.

He doesn't want advice, sadly, he just wants validation. 

9 minutes ago, Middcore said:

He doesn't want advice, sadly, he just wants validation. 

Probably just young, I acted the same a few years ago, still do when it comes to multi gpu (it looks so cool).