PC assembly risk not working?

1.If you don't ground yourself, your pretty much most likely screwed.

2. Break the pins of anything especially your CPU and its over man.

3.Surprisingly easy honestly, JUST DONT FORGET TO PUT THEM HARD DRIVES IN THE CAGE AND SCREW EM IN.

Diamond 5 in League :)

So my dad wants to know the risk that a PC will not work after assembly... yeah. Lol.

If you WC it could leak, you could zap a component if you don't protect yourself against static, the hardware could be DOA, some conectors might not be well plugged in and it can explode if you put TNT in it and activate it.

i'm a potato

3.Surprisingly easy honestly, JUST DONT FORGET TO PUT THEM HARD DRIVES IN THE CAGE AND SCREW EM IN.

I've never wore an anti-static wrist strap before and built 10+ systems. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

He did said to ground youserlf, not using a wrist strap....

I never said you need one, you just should  ground yourself by touching your case or stuff.

1.Nope.People get too precious about ESD, in a humid climate not being stupid is usually enough

2. Probably

3. Depends (have an SSD in this system held in with blue tac [until yesterday it was just hanging loose])

First PC I had used  a 386 4Meg (yes meg) of ram and a 40 meg hard drive jammed in place in with newspaper rather than screws .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

1.Nope.People get too precious about ESD, in a humid climate not being stupid is usually enough

2. Probably

3. Depends (have an SSD in this system held in with blue tac [until yesterday it was just hanging loose])

First PC I had used  a 386 4Meg (yes meg) of ram and a 40 meg hard drive jammed in place in with newspaper rather than screws .

I only said hard drives, obviously SSD's don't really need it >.>

Back to 1,  I don't even >.>

Disagree. I didn't use anti static anything.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I only said hard drives, obviously SSD's don't really need it >.>

Second part of that statement.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Disagree. I didn't use anti static anything.

I never said you need one, you just should  ground yourself by touching your case or stuff.

oh. well yeha iu did that.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1. The chance of happening is pretty low except in some climate condition. But better be safe than sorry.

2. Breaking pins is very dangerous. Sometimes Bending the pin back can fix it, other times it don't.

3. isn't this step is pretty much included in assembling a pc.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I have build like 20 computers and i have never grounded myself. (always worked) :P

For me grounding is just a historical joke :)

Today's hardware is surprisingly bulletproof. they can take a fair bit of punishment before breaking.

I have also been building systems for years and have never used an Anti-Static wrist bracelet, there is just no need you are likely resting your arms on the metal edge of the case anyway.

I remember people telling you not to blow dust off the pc in case the moisture in your breath breaks the hardware.... this is just utter rubbish most of today's hardware are tested up to 90% humidity and still work fine.

But if you do something silly like people are saying above then yes of course it will break. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

oh. well yeha iu did that.

I have build like 20 computers and i have never grounded myself. (always worked) :P

For me grounding is just a historical joke :)

However this thread is about risks, the chances of your experiences going well by you "not grounding"(I'll explain) yourself does not mean that risks of ESD don't exists.

ESD happens, how much? maybe you've build 10, 30 or 100 PCs and it didn't happen to you, but ESD happens.

"For me grounding is just a historical joke"

You wanna know a "historical joke"? That you do ground yourself at some point when you're building a PC, whenever it was on purpose or without thinking about it. Unless you use a method in which include not touching anything while you're building.

Some people forget how easy is to actually ground yourself, it's not a whole hard process... and it takes 1 second.

Stop filling the head of the OP with BS you guys do and just recommend him the safe ways, it doesn't hurt to go safety. Or does it?

How about DOA parts?

It's not that common.

However this thread is about risks, the chances of your experiences going well by you "not grounding"(I'll explain) yourself does not mean that risks of ESD don't exists.

ESD happens, how much? maybe you've build 10, 30 or 100 PCs and it didn't happen to you, but ESD happens.

"For me grounding is just a historical joke"

You wanna know a "historical joke"? That you do ground yourself at some point when you're building a PC, whenever it was on purpose or without thinking about it. Unless you use a method in which include not touching anything while you're building.

Some people forget how easy is to actually ground yourself, it's not a whole hard process... and it takes 1 second.

Stop filling the head of the OP with BS you guys do and just recommend him the safe ways, it doesn't hurt to go safety. Or does it?

It's not that common.

Don't worry, I'm all good with ESD. I know how to ground myself and I live in Canada, Quebec, so ESD is not that bad.

Really my main worries are more with parts being dead by themselves and such. Also, you can use metal screwdriver right? Also, I'm gonna build in a 250d, is it bad/dangerous if the cables from PSU touches the board or nothing must touch.

Don't worry, I'm all good with ESD. I know how to ground myself and I live in Canada, Quebec, so ESD is not that bad.

Really my main worries are more with parts being dead by themselves and such. Also, you can use metal screwdriver right? Also, I'm gonna build in a 250d, is it bad/dangerous if the cables from PSU touches the board or nothing must touch.

1. Most screwdrivers use rubberized or any other non-conductive material as the hand grip, so yeah it's ok.

2. PSU cables are covered anyways, some with a thin layer others are sleeved, so unless you're stripping them appart leaving bare wires out I don't see a problem.

1. Most screwdrivers use rubberized or any other non-conductive material as the hand grip, so yeah it's ok.

2. PSU cables are covered anyways, some with a thin layer others are sleeved, so unless you're stripping them appart leaving bare wires out I don't see a problem.

Alright, to give you a quick idea, it's either the seasonic g series or corsair ax PSUs. The ax got sleeved cables, not so sure bout the G series one.

Alright, to give you a quick idea, it's either the seasonic g series or corsair ax PSUs. The ax got sleeved cables, not so sure bout the G series one.

It basically doesn't matter sleeved or not, they're all covered, I wouldn't worry about that.

The only thing that scare me the most when building is putting the CPU into it's socket, and even that is easy. lol

It basically doesn't matter sleeved or not, they're all covered, I wouldn't worry about that.

The only thing that scare me the most when building is putting the CPU into it's socket, and even that is easy. lol

Yeah me to, but when I look vids it seems so easy. Simply align the gold triasngle, drop it while having it startigh and tug it lightly to see if it moves, then put the cover. But I'm scared something bad happens ha ha. We will see soon, either today or tomo I'm building.

Yeah me to, but when I look vids it seems so easy. Simply align the gold triasngle, drop it while having it startigh and tug it lightly to see if it moves, then put the cover. But I'm scared something bad happens ha ha. We will see soon, either today or tomo I'm building.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it! :)