PC assembly risk not working?

Don't be scared of DOA's you only hear about do many because they're the first to post in reviews.... Not many people are going to get on sites and post how they're items were not DOA. It's like car forums, 90% of threads are about problems.... But that 90% is most likely 1% of the population that owns that car.

As for anti static.... I've built comps with both a strap and without, just be careful, it's not a big deal, use common sense.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

That you do ground yourself at some point when you're building a PC, whenever it was on purpose or without thinking about it.

I have NEVER grounded myself when building a comp, however any PD (potential difference/voltage) has been equalised

It depends on whether you think of Grounding as attaching yourself to a ground or equalizing potentials (voltages) between you and something else.

To my mind grounding is attaching yourself to a ground(0 volts)

Equalisiation happens all on its own (leaning on the chassis whilst building etc).  Wheras (IMHO) grounding is attaching yourself (however briefly, say touching a radiator) to a ground.

To my mind the oft cited "technique" of leaving the PSU plugged in whilst switched off is V dangerous.

However as I say this whole area can be overthought just don't be stupid and you will be alright

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I have NEVER grounded myself when building a comp, however any PD (potential difference/voltage) has been equalised

It depends on whether you think of Grounding as attaching yourself to a ground or equalizing potentials (voltages) between you and something else.

To my mind grounding is attaching yourself to a ground(0 volts)

Equalisiation happens all on its own (leaning on the chassis whilst building etc).  Wheras (IMHO) grounding is attaching yourself (however briefly, say touching a radiator) to a ground.

To my mind the oft cited "technique" of leaving the PSU plugged in whilst switched off is V dangerous.

However as I say this whole area can be overthought just don't be stupid and you will be alright

How about we stop the technicality assumption comeback and apply the basics eh?

"Grounding is the process of removing the excess charge on an object by means of the transfer of electrons between it and another object of substantial size."

Simple and efficient, I know exactly the process of how "ground" works. This is the last time I touch the subject, because I swear sometimes you guys appear to be replying just for the heck of it. :P

Also:

EggIBsC.jpg

The OP has already found his answers and probably building by now if not soon...

"Grounding is the process of removing the excess charge on an object by means of the transfer of electrons between it and another object of substantial size."

And this definition is from ....?

Spot the weasel word of "substantial".

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

How about DOA parts? 

might have like a 5% chance to get a doa part.. nothing you can do about it besides paying for shipping it back, with electronics the chances of getting something faulty are preeetty slim.

1.If you don't ground yourself, your pretty much most likely screwed.

2. Break the pins of anything especially your CPU and its over man.

3.Surprisingly easy honestly, JUST DONT FORGET TO PUT THEM HARD DRIVES IN THE CAGE AND SCREW EM IN.

I didnt the first time, i didnt when i installed my graphics card and my pc works fine :-). Also didnt ground myself when i worked at my old pc either, the dust probably saved it there lol

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Don't worry, I'm all good with ESD. I know how to ground myself and I live in Canada, Quebec, so ESD is not that bad.

Really my main worries are more with parts being dead by themselves and such. Also, you can use metal screwdriver right? Also, I'm gonna build in a 250d, is it bad/dangerous if the cables from PSU touches the board or nothing must touch.

If they are sleeved in something, its not dangerous

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

If the air is really dry and you are not grounded, you could generate static and damage components. If you cant ground yourself, you can rub your hand on the PC case to discharge static...so Ive been told.

One time I forgot to tighten down the heatsink and I smelled smoke. Not good. Remember to double check things lol

If the air is really dry and you are not grounded, you could generate static and damage components. If you cant ground yourself, you can rub your hand on the PC case to discharge static...so Ive been told.

This used to be the case but it's not an option for most any more as 90% of cases are all painted inside which leaves no bare metal to touch to discharge.

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

I just helped build a rig with a friend, he wanted to take more control on it and only really have me supervise. He dropped the metal attachment that comes with the Hyper 212 EVO onto the mobo, from a distance of about 20cm. He also accidentally pulled out a wire from the 24 pin. He just shoved it back in. In the end the rig actually turned on and posted and he is using it fine to this day (had it for about 4 days now) I have now idea how it works. But there you go, hope it helps! I recommend watching a build tutorial while you build the rig, regardless of your knowledge of how to build a rig. :)

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

This used to be the case but it's not an option for most any more as 90% of cases are all painted inside which leaves no bare metal to touch to discharge.

I just helped build a rig with a friend, he wanted to take more control on it and only really have me supervise. He dropped the metal attachment that comes with the Hyper 212 EVO onto the mobo, from a distance of about 20cm. He also accidentally pulled out a wire from the 24 pin. He just shoved it back in. In the end the rig actually turned on and posted and he is using it fine to this day (had it for about 4 days now) I have now idea how it works. But there you go, hope it helps! I recommend watching a build tutorial while you build the rig, regardless of your knowledge of how to build a rig. :)

Yeah everything went fine. I built yesterday. Dropped cpu didn't land in socket, dropped screw on mobo, dragged the mobo on the standoffs and everything works fine, this stuff really is bulletproof ha ha.

Here's a thing, I built my pc with my BED as table :) Okay admittedly I didn't do the CPU in the socket, but I did everything else, never had an issue :D

Here's a thing, I built my pc with my BED as table :) Okay admittedly I didn't do the CPU in the socket, but I did everything else, never had an issue :D

Damn lol, , must've been in a humid area.