Thermaltake armor build

JDMFTW

Little back story, The Thermaltake armor was the first high end case purchase for my back in 2006.

I sold it going into adulthood but just recently re acquired one through a friend that shoved his in his basement 12+ plus years ago

X570 Aorus elite 
5800X
Be quiet dark rock 
32gb gskill 4000mhz mem 
Founders 3080ti 
Thermaltake GF1 850w psu 
512gb & 1tb Samsung M.2
1 10tb 3X2tb drives 
Bluray drive 

4X Noctua 120mm fans and 2 Be quiet 92mm fans (Tempted to add 2 fans in the floor of the case)

I decided to put the PC together first and then figure out better wire management later. Im on the fence about modding the case and am kinda leaning toward just fill; custom cables to clean everything up 

PXL_20220716_235002398.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220716_235013994.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220716_235024768.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20220718_015736393.jpg

PXL_20220719_020955752.jpg

Nice!

I think there's enough space for some nice cable routing with custom cables. But I would go all retro and get neon green cables and UV lighting. 

Even without modern conveniences and stellar airflow, there's an undeniable charm to these old cases.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Nice!

I think there's enough space for some nice cable routing with custom cables. But I would go all retro and get neon green cables and UV lighting. 

Cold cathode would be cool but man ive had bad luck with them in the past. I think with custom cables I should be able to route the cables with no modding to the case. But if i do add 2 fans in the floor ill probably just add some cable management grommets. 

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Even without modern conveniences and stellar airflow, there's an undeniable charm to these old cases.

I will say as an older pc enthusiast that we tend to take for granted that even the cheapest cases these days have tons of cable management and better fan layouts lol. this case airflow wis was really good. its actually quieter then my NR200 build that I cam from.

thats the armor jr? i have that case my dad has the big armor one. ya i had a thing for case with 5.25 bays...  a day ago i riped out all the fans of my old antec 1200 and thoght one day ill bring it back now that hdd case are hard to find these days.

ya at one point they did sell a cold cathoed led tube. my case had a red one witch looked pink and i put orange wire loom over it and make it orange lighting.

001.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

thats the armor jr? i have that case my dad has the big armor one. ya i had a thing for case with 5.25 bays...  a day ago i riped out all the fans of my old antec 1200 and thoght one day ill bring it back now that hdd case are hard to find these days.

ya at one point they did sell a cold cathoed led tube. my case had a red one witch looked pink and i put orange wire loom over it and make it orange lighting.

001.jpg

No mine is the OG large Armor circa 2005

On 7/21/2022 at 6:41 AM, JDMFTW said:

No mine is the OG large Armor circa 2005

oh i thought it was the jr must have been the lighting anyway looks good i love old cases dont no why. use to love any case with 5.25 bays and was on the hunt for the most... also loved the haf case but never did get one one day ill own it. i went with the antec 1200 as there are alot of youtubers that did a ton of mods to em so i did a few myself. i did pick up a corsair 950d ... for $400 and have an thermatlake mozart xt.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links