What do you think the future will be like?

mikeman902

In you general opinion, what do you think the future (next 100 years or less) will be like and what would you want to see? and what wouldn't you wan to see?

I would like to see affordable ($200 or less) 4k monitors, those cool automatic doors in homes everywhere( not just at target  :angry: ), Teddy bears that checks your kid's vitals as she/he sleeps, personal google cars so you dont have to drive, and more voice controlled things. :) 

what do you think?

People to exercise more and not turn into the people from Wall-E. That's basically the direction technology is heading for as of late.

We will be using quantum computers... :)..and also for that the earth must exist... :P

like this 

b5Z9K5s.jpg

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Looks great, a utopia. What you don't see just as what you don't see today is the poor begging on the streets, children sleeping in cardboard boxes and violence. Unless those and other things are removed from future generations, than all we have a new buildings...none of which has improved the core basics of society.

Our world will always have those issues unfortunately. If there was no poor there would be no "middle class' the middle class would become the poor class relative to the rich. No low cost manufacturing no good jobs the world just would not operate even remotely like it has for the past 2000+ years. Now violence I wish we could stop have world wide peace that would be nice but we are humans and will always disagree with each other have bad tempers and do things we regret. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

So true you are, its deeply unfortunate that we lack the will and desire to change the status quo for the better. That picture you posted and other's like that always envision in my mind a utopia and better world. Sadly though as you mentioned, there is an inevitable reality to all that. I believe though this will be changed for the better for us, but not by us.

It would be nice to live in that world. no need to lie or cheat to just to keep afloat, no news stories about near war situations. And yes hopefully one day it will change I change but I just don't see it happening soon. The problem with changing is, how do we convince 7+ billion to change their lives drastically? Even Jesus was unable to convince everyone to do what the bible says  (I dislike this example for many reasons).  Change may happen after a deadly widespread disease kills almost everyone but that is just too gloomy to think about.

Spoiler

personal google cars so you dont have to drive

Something I would not want to see become ubiquitous.

I think VR and AR will be neat, but they'll also have a dark side to them. I was kinda looking forward to a Ghost in the Shell-esque future. Now there's so much corruption in government that I'd rather just see people get rid of it. That doesn't sound very tech~y, but I think a lot of barriers would be knocked down in doing so and technology, among other things, could thrive.

Looks great, a utopia. What you don't see just as what you don't see today is the poor begging on the streets, children sleeping in cardboard boxes and violence. Unless those and other things are removed from future generations, than all we have a new buildings...none of which has improved the core basics of society.

Our world will always have those issues unfortunately. If there was no poor there would be no "middle class' the middle class would become the poor class relative to the rich. No low cost manufacturing no good jobs the world just would not operate even remotely like it has for the past 2000+ years. Now violence I wish we could stop have world wide peace that would be nice but we are humans and will always disagree with each other have bad tempers and do things we regret. 

The world will always be like that because it is the basic structure of our society. Currency (money) is required to survive; to live, to work, to play. Without that currency, you are basically screwed. We are cruel enough to not care about those who have no forseeable future, yet we complain and whine when something minor goes wrong. Nobody will help you, unless they gain something from helping you. This is how our brains operate. Even those hugely kind people who donate and sacrifice so much for the poor gain something: the satisfaction of helping somebody and getting to know that you just helped someone. I don't have a positive outlook on the future of mankind, and even if there are kind and helpful people in our world, the other couple of billion won't give a (replace with some swear word) unless they have something to gain. Nothing will ever change that, and unless a major revamp of the base structure of society is ordered, which is very very very unlikely to happen, humanity will eventually (replace with some swear word) itself up. Now that's not say that organisations like the Red Cross and other similiar charities aren't helping, it's just that the world is too big to control. Now, we need to delve into population control, but frankly I don't have enough time to write about it as it would probably take me my whole life to thoroughly explain all the problems and challenges that humanity currently faces. All of this new technology is irrelevant. I don't care about 4K displays, or graphics cards so powerful that they can run (replace with very demanding game) at max resolution with everything enabled, or any technology for that matter, because what will be the point if nobody is there to enjoy it? Even with global warming, the governments are too busy managing their financial situation to give a (replace with some swear word) about the environment.

BUT, what is the point of living then? Is it to further advance our knowledge? Why don't we all die? Well, it is simply to enjoy, and after all of this, you will come back to the same thing: to live life in joy. This is why we have fashion, why we have cosmetics, why we have technology, why we have houses, it is simply to make life more joyful; more enjoyable, more pleasant, more...liveable.

Now, looking back at this post, it is very critical, and feel free to debate with me, as I believe everybody is entitled to their own opinion, because that is the point of this forum, to share knowledge.

Goodnight and goodbye,

HexaGuy.

EDIT: I just realised this is a little bit off topic. Ah well.  :P

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Fix the damn society people.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

In my off hours, I'm a bit of a futurist. These are a couple of things I could legitimately see happening in the next 100 years, thanks to current trends and the exponential growth of tech:

• Star Trek Replicators - 3D printing (and our grasp of quantum physics) being refined to the point where we can manipulate subatomic material and simply build specific types of material via arranging the base elements of matter. Example: Building a window by taking biofuel (plants) material and restructuring the atoms/molecules into the SiO2 glass
  • Fully integrated tech - Everything from "chip in your brain" to bionic limbs. Imagine something like the 100 meter dash being handled more like a drag race as opposed to an athletic feat, where teams build extreme performance artificial legs that someone uses to run the dash. Or instead of wearing Google Glass on your head (and it being a fancy bluetooth device), your cellular tech is directly embedded into a socket near your brain and any "screens" or content is viewed directly by the visual cortex instead of being projected anywhere

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Wishing we wont have WWIII with the Russians. :((((

Motherboard - ASUS P6X58D-E Processor - Intel i7 930 Bloomfield OC'd @ 4.01Ghz, 1.28v | RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator @ 8-8-8-12, 1600mhz | Graphics Card - EVGA Geforce GTX660 SC 3GB @ +75mhz core, +500mhz mem | Power Supply - Seasonic X650 Gold

CPU Cooler, Fans - Corsair H-90 w/ Noctua FN14 push/pull, Gelid Wings UV Blue  | Case - Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2 |

If we haven't at least colonized the moon in 20 years i'll start cracking some heads...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Waiting for that day when Persocoms (Chobits) yup.  :D  :D  :D

wotm8?

Total War over Water and resources ,i hope so we can all be in Battlefield-4 for real and see who's go the guts ,( not saying i want to join th military)

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

@HexaGuy I share the same thoughts. 

Spoiler

You know that amazing idea you have in your head right now? Yeah, it's not going to look like that at all. Just imagine all the people in 50+ years ago who thought we'd have flying cars in the year 2000. :ph34r: