Returns Faulty Goods to Retail Seller.

CKZ
2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

You, because the wheels fell off while I was doing normal use.

In your circumstance, it was not normal use. People aren't dropping monitors onto headphones daily.

Did not say dropping it on a daily basis, was referring to changing a cable at the back of  the monitor. I do think this normal thing would do, as i was putting a cable in back of the monitor, which may say is under an lip, on where you need to again better vision and there a arm that in in a line of sight. Also putting in cable from the bottom can a F*ck pain the arse can it not as not have vision see where you pluggin it in. therefore that why was in that position.

So why would come about the bike? You are end user of the bike

2 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

your making an argument for insurance, not blaming the manufacturer...

do you take dogecoin?

Yeah definitely taking out insurance going forward now. Any recommendation if from UK? 

Nope only MILF token. Apologies. 

44 minutes ago, CKZ said:

Not compare the think construct of CRT. I'm saying they where well protected, why modern monitor do not  have this type protect, glass technology has gone in the last couple decades, not asking for military grade glass. Well constructed material to protect one of key components, is that not hard to ask for.

From memory they weren't protected at all really. It was simply a super thick glass vaccuum tube in a plastic housing. That super thick glass combined with its small size is what made it inherently strong. Plus that glass wasn't protecting some fragile LCD screen layer, that glass was the screen, with the phospor coating that lights up directly on its inside.

1 hour ago, CKZ said:

After about 25 days of having this monitor wanted to swap out a cable the monitor is QLED 49inch curved Ultra-wide, So there is not a lot room and this back against a wall. When changing a cable from above the monitor slipped and hit my headphone ( Headphone was not on head at the time, if you think that).

I feel like at least a little bit is missing from the story here. What do you mean the monitor "slipped" and "hit" your headphone? Did it fall a bit? In any case, LCD screens are very fragile. Taking my TV as an example, just gently tapping it with my finger sends waves of discolouration quite far out. Hitting your headphones was likely a force greater than a gentle tap and concentrated on a sharp point at some edge of your headphones, which will easily damage a screen.

18 minutes ago, CKZ said:

Yeah i was, you know you can slip and things can some out your hands? We are human accidents do happen.

That's what extended warranties covering user error and insurance policies are for. Factory warranty has in my experience always been only about faulty products and that product failing prematurely under normal use. Dropping it on top of headphones is unfortunately not normal use.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I'm going to see the nearest bike repair guy man.
I'm the dumbass for not checking the bike before riding it.

Why would I blame the person giving me a bike.
I'd even say sorry that I somehow broke the bike you gave.
I mean, blaming you for something that I could have prevented from happening while you already spent money to give me a bike is just.... plain rude.

Valid Point. Wise man 🙂

7 minutes ago, tikker said:

From memory they weren't protected at all really. It was simply a super thick glass vaccuum tube in a plastic housing. That super thick glass combined with its small size is what made it inherently strong. Plus that glass wasn't protecting some fragile LCD screen layer, that glass was the screen, with the phospor coating that lights up directly on its inside.

I feel like at least a little bit is missing from the story here. What do you mean the monitor "slipped" and "hit" your headphone? Did it fall a bit? In any case, LCD screens are very fragile. Taking my TV as an example, just gently tapping it with my finger sends waves of discolouration quite far out. Hitting your headphones was likely a force greater than a gentle tap and concentrated on a sharp point at some edge of your headphones, which will easily damage a screen.

That's what extended warranties covering user error and insurance policies are for. Factory warranty has in my experience always been only about faulty products and that product failing prematurely under normal use. Dropping it on top of headphones is unfortunately not normal use.

The Monitor did fall persa but like hit my headphones but managed to catch in-time before hitting anything else. So it was like not a big fall like 10cm or so as i was mentioned was putting a cable in from above because of where the ports are at the bottom was unable to see them there is stand that in the way and underneath a lip where the port reside in. There like verity port from DP to HDMI, so didn't to break the port, which actually no hindsight.

The CRT where are to break remember throw stuff and would bounce off with no scratch at all. Compare to modern standards this far between.

36 minutes ago, CKZ said:

The Monitor did fall persa but like hit my headphones but managed to catch in-time before hitting anything else. So it was like a big fall like 10cm or so as i was mentioned was putting a cable in from above because of where the ports are at the bottom was unable to see them. There like verity port from DP to HDMI, so didn't to break the port, which actually no hindsight.

A 10 cm drop of something as heavy as a monitor generates quite a bit of force when that hit gets focussed by something small like piece of heaphones.

36 minutes ago, CKZ said:

The CRT where are to break remember throw stuff and would bounce off with no scratch at all. Compare to modern standards this far between.

Well yeah you were throwing things at a thick glass panel. But as people explained, they had to be that strong because the tube itself is a vacuum. Otherwise your TV would simply implode (the opposite of explode). I assume your monitor is (something like) the CHG90 since you mention 49" ultrawide. Firstly glass would make such a huge screen even heavier than the 12 kg it already is. It would also make it very reflective (an anti-glare coating would ruin the point of glass) and make it some more fragile than it already is. I do not look forward having to move my 55" LG C9 again such a thin glass screen is terrifying. And at the end of the day, dropping it on your headphones from that high would probably have broken at least the glass anyway, even if you caught it, due tot the sheer size and weight. Replacing it as an end user would likely have been very expensive, perhaps even to the point where it would simply not be worth it.

27 minutes ago, CKZ said:

Nice 32 inch glass monitor getting a beating - why not monitor protect with this then thin film of plastic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CcZYA18nuw&t=9s

Assuming the glass would be something like 1-5mm thick, that would be an additional 1-5 kg of glass on it (https://www.omnicalculator.com/construction/glass-weight). It's also special safety glass, so it will be expensive and you'll be paying a premium. I'd see that easily adding one or a couple hundred dollars. That, and it's simply not a big issue for monitors. Yes, accidents happen, but the average monitor is not in an environment that warrants the use of this special glass.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, CKZ said:

I'm not throwing headphone reaching around to change a cable monitor  slips hit headphones. Just saying monitor used in the past have never been that so fragile.

This indicates you are expert on subject of smacking monitors with headphones...

2 hours ago, CKZ said:

Will say have learnt a lesson with this, but in hindsight think when manufacturer knowing the fagileness of panel expect to put antiquate protect to the main part of the product

They are...? If you buy one new, it comes with soft foam all around, with bigger pieces wedging panel off from cardboard sides. Once you take it out, it's not under manufacturers protection.

1 hour ago, CKZ said:

Yeah i was, you know you can slip and things can some out your hands? We are human accidents do happen.

As pointed out, this is why insurance exists. Here this would be under home owners insurance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, CKZ said:

No saying it was not.Pointing out you expect a product to have more tolerance to a product then a simple tab from a headphone. 

That's not the retailer's fault that you hit your monitor with your headphones which you had placed where they were... 

It's definitely not something covered under warranty, or any replacement policy at all. 

4 hours ago, CKZ said:

Did not say dropping it on a daily basis, was referring to changing a cable at the back of  the monitor. I do think this normal thing would do, as i was putting a cable in back of the monitor, which may say is under an lip, on where you need to again better vision and there a arm that in in a line of sight. Also putting in cable from the bottom can a F*ck pain the arse can it not as not have vision see where you pluggin it in. therefore that why was in that position

Except changing the cable wasn't what cracked your screen, it was you dropping the monitor onto your headphones. People generally don't drop their monitors when changing a cable.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, CKZ said:

Did not say dropping it on a daily basis, was referring to changing a cable at the back of  the monitor. I do think this normal thing would do, as i was putting a cable in back of the monitor, which may say is under an lip, on where you need to again better vision and there a arm that in in a line of sight. Also putting in cable from the bottom can a F*ck pain the arse can it not as not have vision see where you pluggin it in. therefore that why was in that position.

So why would come about the bike? You are end user of the bike

Now you know. If you don't have good access to the cable port, TAKE THE MONITOR OFF THE WALL. Find a better more secure position to plug in the monitor.

5 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Now you know. If you don't have good access to the cable port, TAKE THE MONITOR OFF THE WALL. Find a better more secure position to plug in the monitor.

Then he'd drop the monitor and complain when it broke. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I'm sensing a great idea* for an LTT video.  Since Linus is an expert at dropping things, have him drop headphones on various monitors and see if they survive.

*it's actually a terrible idea.

7 hours ago, CKZ said:

Yeah definitely taking out insurance going forward now. Any recommendation if from UK? 

Nope only MILF token. Apologies. 

most insurance won't cover accidental damage, either.

2 hours ago, Erioch said:

I'm sensing a great idea* for an LTT video.  Since Linus is an expert at dropping things, have him drop headphones on various monitors and see if they survive.

*it's actually a terrible idea.

It's actually dropping a 49" monitor onto headphone.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

? That's stupid if American insurance is like that. I stepped on my previous laptop and broke its screen. My home insurance paid half of the repairs. Other half was my own money as per the contract (€150 before insurance kicks in).

Was it my fault? Entirely. Was it accidental? Yes. Does insurance care how it happened? When sum is under €10k, not that much.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

? That's stupid if American insurance is like that. I stepped on my previous laptop and broke its screen. My home insurance paid half of the repairs. Other half was my own money as per the contract (€150 before insurance kicks in).

Was it my fault? Entirely. Was it accidental? Yes. Does insurance care how it happened? When sum is under €10k, not that much.

Depends really.  The cheap versions of insurance don't typically cover all types of accidents.  e.g. for phones some don't cover drops, but will cover screen cracks.

The more expensive plans cover more accidents, but at the same time it can be void'ed depending how they think it was damaged (from the backstories I heard, it's because some people where "accidentally" dropping the product right before warranty expired and essentially got a free new laptop)

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

5 hours ago, tkitch said:

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Yeap, found this out the hard way. When it comes to accidents like this, the usual home insurance over here (NL) is really only to insure damages out of your control like fire, water, storm, break-in etc. Liability insurance covers you if you break someone else's property on accident, but if you want accidents like your example covered ("damages through personal fault", as they call it) you need to expand it with additional all-risk insurance.

Like others have said, check your household insurance policy, which may or may not cover it. Definitely not for warranty repair. Also, you have 14 days under distance selling regulations, unless otherwise stated (e.g. Amazons 30 day return policy).

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

It depends.  My friend broke his Apple computer by hitting it with a bowflex (long story, don't ask) and his home owner's insurance paid for it.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:18 AM, Blue4130 said:

Who said i had the monitor on the wall? Never said it was said that it flush against a wall not attached. Move the monitor to put a cable in!

On 6/29/2022 at 2:25 AM, Arika S said:

Except changing the cable wasn't what cracked your screen, it was you dropping the monitor onto your headphones. People generally don't drop their monitors when changing a cable.

Correct on that! However, sating that you would make a product stable to enough to allow some sort of ways of reaching the ports. Most of these are within some casing nowadays or hard to reach from variety of angles. Therefore their need to some movement to do this activity 

18 hours ago, IntMD said:

Like others have said, check your household insurance policy, which may or may not cover it. Definitely not for warranty repair. Also, you have 14 days under distance selling regulations, unless otherwise stated (e.g. Amazons 30 day return policy).

Funny thing about to move in my own property, Which where i will be getting contents insurance going to be my list make sure i have

6 hours ago, CKZ said:

Who said i had the monitor on the wall? Never said it was said that it flush against a wall not attached. Move the monitor to put a cable in!

You seem to love arguing semantics. Fine, move the monitor AWAY from the wall so that you have unobstructed and easy access to the ports without needing to tip it onto your headpnones.

6 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

You seem to love arguing semantics. Fine, move the monitor AWAY from the wall so that you have unobstructed and easy access to the ports without needing to tip it onto your headpnones.

You didn't get that from earlier notes about "who said I smashed head/headphones into anything?"

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Can't wait to see how this person files an insurance claim in the future. No mate, how isn't this accidental damage? Yes I meant to mount the monitor to a VESA arm. But the manufacturer and retailer never told me I shouldn't be using 10 inch self tapping screws. How is it my fault then that the screw went through the entire panel? Therefore the use of 10 inch self tappers was as mere accident since no one warned me. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

14 hours ago, CKZ said:

Correct on that! However, sating that you would make a product stable to enough to allow some sort of ways of reaching the ports. Most of these are within some casing nowadays or hard to reach from variety of angles. Therefore their need to some movement to do this activity 

So you said it was a "QLED 49inch curved Ultra-wide"

which doing a quick search only really turns up one monitor. If you somehow made THIS "tip forward" by changing a cable

r-perspective Black, 49" S9 Ultra-Wide Curved QLED DQHD Monitor

That is 100% on you, that is a huge ass stand, you were clearly tipping it WAAAAY past what a reasonable person would consider "stable"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒