Returns Faulty Goods to Retail Seller.

CKZ

H All,

I have a problem with retail seller here in the UK, (Apologies in Advance for this might be UK specific in some places) But would like to know what  have you done to resolve a issue with a seller of a product.

Tl;DR; Retailer will not replace monitor or give a refund because they are end user issues. This is under warranty but they dont want to on honor, spoke to Trading standards asked to get Burden of Truth report to verity the inadequate  martial to protect the back panel.

Give my story what dealing with want to get people opinion, feel like this something retailer should honor.

I brought a new monitor off a retailer that not used before, but seen what they where selling seem to good and did my Due diligence as much i can, Did not see any red flags so far. The price was reasonable at it look like they just repackaged a Samsung Monitor in new cases, so thought what the harm at this point, (spoke to soon now).

After about 25 days of having this monitor wanted to swap out a cable the monitor is QLED 49inch curved Ultra-wide, So there is not a lot room and this back against a wall. When changing a cable from above the monitor slipped and hit my headphone ( Headphone was not on head at the time, if you think that). A a cracked suddenly appear, think to myself this should not break so easily.

Therefore i called the retailer about what happened as this had happened with 30 day of purchase, In the UK you can return a item within 30, as this was a weekend none of the UK customers services was in office. The agent on the other agent was only doing he's job and said that could not take back the monitor and give me a replacement. I was like what! no it been with 30 days need to replace this as it a issues with the construct of the monitor should not be easily break with such as tab. He offered 30 pounds as good well gester needs the monitor 200x that. So asked could speak to a manager, needless they informed saying no manager available can back next day fine.

The next day got a call back, spoke to the complaints case "manager" speaking to him was like speaking to someone that was reading from a script, he kept on saying as it was delivered to in working order there is nothing can do. Hes also kept on saying that QLED monitors very fragile (yes without correct protection in place) So asked him  Wait hold on, you selling a faulty product that you are telling me knowing without proper protect on the screen, He dodge the question. Asked to speak to someone more senior. His response he is the most senior i can speak to, which actually he was lying because after-about 30min on the phone found out their was ahead of customers service in the group who owns this.

Dude lol, you headbutted a monitor and cracked the panel and want a company to replace it for you? Yeah this is all on you.

3 minutes ago, CKZ said:

So asked could speak to a manager

What a surprise.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Nope, it's not the retailer responsibility, you broke it.
The retailer & manufacturer didn't say or state that it's headbutt-proof or "it can withstand a [put an amount of force here] of impact"

Monitor panels are delicate.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, CKZ said:

as it a issues with the construct of the monitor

No, it's not. Would you expect to be able to return it if you hit it with a hammer? No such policy will cover accidental damage caused by the user. Find it kind of hard to believe this post isn't a troll tbh.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

Dude lol, you headbutted a monitor and cracked the panel and want a company to replace it for you? Yeah this is all on you.

What a surprise.

Headphones was not on head (where did say they were)

7 minutes ago, Middcore said:

No, it's not. Would you expect to be able to return it if you hit it with a hammer? No such policy will cover accidental damage caused by the user. Find it kind of hard to believe this post isn't a troll tbh.

Headphones was not on head at the time was around neck

1 minute ago, CKZ said:

Headphones was not on head (where did say they were)

Still, you damaged it. This is on you.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Still, you damaged it. This is on you.

No saying it was not.Pointing out you expect a product to have more tolerance to a product then a simple tab from a headphone. 

Another day, another lack of understanding of how RMA works.

Just now, CKZ said:

No saying it was not.Pointing out you expect a product to have more tolerance to a product then a simple tab from a headphone. 

Nope, its still gonna be pretty much chalked as a human error, also youre severely and i mean SEVERELY overestimating how durable a monitor is.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, CKZ said:

A monitor is expected to display images, expected to have the specs it is advertised. It is not advertised to withstand physical damage from the users who are harsh on them.

If you are certain this is a design fault, feel free to take them to court and get expert reports, spend few years and few hundred thousand pounds.

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Another day, another lack of understanding of how RMA works.

Nope, its still gonna be pretty much chalked as a human error, also youre severely and i mean SEVERELY overestimating how durable a monitor is.

Are you saying their so fragile that its a headphone and cracks?

Just now, CKZ said:

They might be.
Unless they stated or advertised is as impact proof, or can withstand a specific amount of force applied to it.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

A monitor is expected to display images, expected to have the specs it is advertised. It is not advertised to withstand physical damage from the users who are harsh on them.

If you are certain this is a design fault, feel free to take them to court and get expert reports, spend few years and few hundred thousand pounds.

I'm not throwing headphone reaching around to change a cable monitor  slips hit headphones. Just saying monitor used in the past have never been that so fragile.

Just now, CKZ said:

WE don't even need to say it, clearly it happened.

I'm pretty sure that monitor is a bit hefty. Headphones aren't completely devoid of edges.

Weight + concentrated point of contact = crack

Just gotta be more careful.

12 minutes ago, CKZ said:

Headphones was not on head at the time was around neck

So what? You struck the screen with a solid object. Your fault. Not the retailer or the manufacturer's problem. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Bianks84 said:

WE don't even need to say it, clearly it happened.

I'm pretty sure that monitor is a bit hefty. Headphones aren't completely devoid of edges.

Weight + concentrated point of contact = crack

Just gotta be more careful.

Will say have learnt a lesson with this, but in hindsight think when manufacturer knowing the fagileness of panel expect to put antiquate protect to the main part of the product

3 minutes ago, CKZ said:

Will say have learnt a lesson with this, but in hindsight think when manufacturer knowing the fagileness of panel expect to put antiquate protect to the main part of the product

Yeah dude they could put bulletproof glass on it but then it would cost more and also look like shit.

What they expect is that people will exercise care and common sense and not strike display screens with solid objects, because doing that has been a bad idea that will yield the same result since the earliest tube-powered screens the better part of a century ago. 

10 minutes ago, CKZ said:

Well, with it usually comes bigger bill
Also it might degrade the viewing quality. A.k.a less clarity

The manufacturer knows the fragileness, they also know users wants cheaper price & better viewing experience.
The user however, sometimes doesn't know how fragile it is.

And they know users prefer cheaper price than an impactproof panel that cost a ton.
Plus, non impactproof means a rage-roid kid that throws their keyboard/mouse at the monitor when losing in game will need to buy a new monitor often.
win-win.

Refresh before you reply

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yeah dude they could put bulletproof glass on it but then it would cost more and also look like shit.

What they expect is that people will exercise care and common sense and not strike display screens with solid objects, because doing that has been a bad idea that will yield the same result since the earliest tube-powered screens the better part of a century ago. 

Yeah aware of that, CRT was very MF. they did come with probably a bit more protection with glass than a thin plastic cover over what they deemed very fragile 

Just now, CKZ said:

Yeah aware of that, CRT was very MF. they did come with probably a bit more protection with glass than a thin plastic cover over what they deemed very fragile 

No. CRTs have that thick of glass because it's necessary. Too thin and it implodes under the force of the vacuum.

elephants

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Well, with it usually comes bigger bill
Also it might degrade the viewing quality. A.k.a less clarity

The manufacturer knows the fragileness, they also know users wants cheaper price & better viewing experience.
The user however, sometimes doesn't know how fragile it is.

Correct! However where most manual does if refer to the fragile of the monitor and best practice to keep them from having these sort of accidents, I'm sure this has happen to other people. One small knock damn screen cracked, money done the drain.

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

No. CRTs have that thick of glass because it's necessary. Too thin and it implodes under the force of the vacuum.

Not compare the think construct of CRT. I'm saying they where well protected, why modern monitor do not  have this type protect, glass technology has gone in the last couple decades, not asking for military grade glass. Well constructed material to protect one of key components, is that not hard to ask for.

1 minute ago, CKZ said:

Correct! However where most manual does if refer to the fragile of the monitor and best practice to keep them from having these sort of accidents, I'm sure this has happen to other people. One small knock damn screen cracked, money done the drain.

If something is not stated as "Heavy-Duty" , would you use it like it's a heavy-duty stuff and expect it to perform as well ?
I would not.

Refresh before you reply

36 minutes ago, CKZ said:

When changing a cable from above the monitor slipped and hit my headphone ( Headphone was not on head at the time, if you think that). A a cracked suddenly appear, think to myself this should not break so easily.

As a warranty administrator myself. This quote right here voids your warranty. 

No warranty on any product in any country will cover damage caused by the user. Warranties only guarantee that your product will be free of defects under normal use for a limited period of time. Your damage is not going to be covered.

I hope this answers your question.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

If something is not stated as "Heavy-Duty" , would you use it like it's a heavy-duty stuff and expect it to perform as well ?
I would not.

Where in does it say on any monitor that it heavy duty? I usually see this on Arms for monitor, This not part of the point i'm making.