What makes CoD bad?

Jerakl

Ok, so my friend at school put me up to this.

He also gave me the 2 available answers.

Comment if you have some good answers.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The options of the poll are kind of offensive... against CoC

The options of the poll are kind of offensive... against CoC

mmk, I'll change to something suitable.

As said, my friend put me up to it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The fact that nothing has changed in years, that they bleed every dollar of yours dry with $25 map packs among other things

Because it's the same old shit they've been re-releasing for the last 6 years. And honestly... what they had to start with wasn't all that great. You spawn into the game, throw a grenade across the tiny map, probably score a kill, run around a corner, mow somebody down instantly, turn another corner, and get killed by somebody laying prone in a doorway somewhere watching that corner you just rounded in particular.

Repeat/ad nauseum...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Same shit different day basically.

I stopped at MW3, what a fucking peice of shit.

Black Ops1 FTW.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Last CoD game I owned was CoD: 2. If you're good at CoD:2 you are good at all the other CoDs. That's what pisses me off. They are all skins, that is all.

My first cod was mw2 that I only played a little of in its prime because my xbox had rrod and didn't know about the free fix and no money to buy a new console.

I don't see the developers taking all the hate for the problems but they do take a chunk of it. Activision has a part of of the problem demanding a game be released every year rushing the games development. From what I hear is that they get like two weeks for QA to fix as much as they can, so maybe this new 3 year cycle will help with that and bring a better game.

I picture cod as a game you go around and kill people and play the objectives but IW feels that you should have permanent stealth and blend perfectly into the environment. I loved it in black ops 2 where you had to move to have the stealth effect and with its brighter maps there wasn't many places to blend in.

For ghosts is map design. Who the hell approved these and what where they on when they approved it?

Then there is connection, Black ops 2 is apparently unplayable for people that have Telus in my area and my friends area an hour and a half away. Ghosts went away with the ping assuming people wouldn't notice or something but its extremely noticeable when you die before the person shooting you is fully around the corner on your screen but kill cam shows they've been there for two Mississippi. 

You also have certain perks and attachments.

For perks you have danger close, blind eye, off the grid, amplify/dead silence, focus, deadeye.

Blind eye should be that kill streaks don't see you for x time instead of permanent.

Off the grid should be moving only.

Amplify's only counter is to crouch walk everywhere which is stupid for how much range this perk has. They should do away with it and dead silence completely.

Focus has become a mandatory perk for a lot of people just because how much kick they gave the guns in the last two games when you're getting shot it, with this on you have almost no kick getting shot it which imo makes it a little op/must have.

Deadeye sounds like an interesting perk but giving your kills more luck than skill. =/ You can be shooting someone and they just turn around and 2 hit you because they got lucky. This thing procs way to much when you get your 1 kill to start the chain.

I cant believe I typed this lol.

i7-4770k 4.7Ghz delidded w/ H100i | Z87-GD65 | 8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 | Asus GTX 780 DC2OC@1241/1772 | Corsair AX760 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Corsair Force GT 60GB | Hatachi Laptop 360GB HHD | HAF 922 | Win 8.1 64-bit | Razer Ouroboros |

Siberia V2 | Logitech K120

Xbox360 | Tritton 720+ | Xim3

I just tried Black ops 2 on my brothers ps3 and it's actually a fairly tight FPS. The guns handle ok and the different customisation options are pretty cool, along with the game types and a couple of maps are outstanding.

The issue comes with the blatant repetition; if a publisher copy and pastes a game once a year for 6 years it's going to be hated and rightfully so. And compared to other FPS's Cod is just nothing special, sure its fun but there are much better options available.

Fractal core 1000 - Asus A88xm plus - Athlon 760k @4.3 GHz - MSI 270 oc - 4GB corsair vengeance low profile - WD green 1TB - 128GB Corsair Neutron - Corsair CS750

I think one of the main reasons why COD sucks is because the main story or the main gameplay it just sucks, and you dont even understand why are you killing soldiers, and also its too short COD ghosts you can beat the game in under 5 hrs, and its linear

the game is made for multiplalyer and thats it.

the game has great visuals great graphics but that does not make it good. 

um i like cod it about the only reason i plan to get a next gen console. i am new to cod witch may be why i like it, also im hoping for more innovation in cod 2014.

for everyone saying its just the same game over and over, cant that be said for all fps games. like serious isnt csgo the same and titanfall and any other fps game the same

aslo play objective based modes if you are bored with tdm on cod

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I think one of the main reasons why COD sucks is because the main story or the main gameplay it just sucks, and you dont even understand why are you killing soldiers, and also its too short COD ghosts you can beat the game in under 5 hrs, and its linear

the game is made for multiplalyer and thats it.

the game has great visuals great graphics but that does not make it good. 

it looks amazing on pc compared to even the ps4 but theres just to many hacks and bull shit on pc to play cod there

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

it looks amazing on pc compared to even the ps4 but theres just to many hacks and bull shit on pc to play cod there

there is a video that linus made, comparison between pc and next gen consoles.

and the result is that grapics they are very similar, unless you have a 4k monitor and settings on ultra high you will see the difference

I think the only problem is that the ps4 runs at 30 fps and pc can go much  more

The problem with CoD is not the game, it's the community. It's a fast paced, twitch, arcade shooter. That's all it is and all it's meant to be. I still enjoy hopping on and playing Black Ops 1/2 for a couple hours just to kill time. 

The games themselves are solid, copied and pasted for the last 4-6 years. It's the community that ruins the game. I still love MLG CoD though. One of the only things, besides the WAN show, that I watch on Twitch.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

crtl+c and crtl+v

^This^

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

The problem with CoD is not the game, it's the community. It's a fast paced, twitch, arcade shooter. That's all it is and all it's meant to be. I still enjoy hopping on and playing Black Ops 1/2 for a couple hours just to kill time. 

The games themselves are solid, copied and pasted for the last 4-6 years. It's the community that ruins the game. I still love MLG CoD though. One of the only things, besides the WAN show, that I watch on Twitch.

True, its a lot of fun getting old mw2 out and playing s&d with a few friends

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

its to repetitive in its eterations. other games have a steady evolution and see varied gameplay from title to title, but cod just does the same everytime.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I still love MLG CoD though. One of the only things, besides the WAN show, that I watch on Twitch.

the first time I ever watched an MLG was this years finals and I can now say I am definitely now a fan. following NV and their nailbiting back and forth matches I was surprised to find myself on the edge of my seat pounding my fist yelling at the screen.

the things I hate about cod are the noob tubes, sadly I'm seeing a resurgence in it as of late in ghosts. I used to absolutely hate campers and quick scopers but now that I am a way better player I now love encountering campers and making them suffer. the other thing I hate about cod is the yearly iterations and map packs for purchase. its getting tiring following prey from game to game every year. 

HOWEVER

ghosts is doing it absolutely right with their current packs. I've ALWAYS avoided buying maps ghosts made the first ever map pack that I actually bought based solely on the love and attention to detail on the fog map 

getting the michael myers care package and having that distinctive music come up NEVER gets old 

Do you really want me to start rounding everything up now?  :blink:  There are a lot of things to discuss, and most of them have already been put into perspective, but my winnie complain of choiche is their ego towards not providing a decent port and the fact that the game still needs 8 GBs of RAM to run, when "current-gen" had nowhere near that, yet it played on it; though, it's not like the game looked that good in the first place, let's be honest! BTW this is to put the whole story short. If you want a more in-depth port report about COD Ghosts for example, I'd reccomand checking out TB's Coverage. Oh, and not to forget I hate their need to apparently appeal to rebel teens by bringing in rappers and all that, don't get me wrong, I'm a theoretically their target audience but after a while it seems disgusting and desperate. To wrap it up, even though after all I've just told you, I look like an "anti-fanboy"  ;), I'd love Call of Duty to actually be resonable again, but, for the momment, they're just doing the worst job possible with it. Also, grammar nazis... am I doing ok? :ph34r:  

It's the same fucking thing every year. The first 3 or 4 were fine, then they just copied shit and gave it a facelift.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Original COD was fun on the PS2 :P

Was horrible after MW2 (including cause of ass's on the servers plus hackers and hacked servers etc)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

It's the same fucking thing every year. The first 3 or 4 were fine, then they just copied shit and gave it a facelift.

^^^^ This sums it up. I use to be quite the fan of CoD, but not the latest ones. After a certain point, you feel like you have been there and done that, and then it get's boring. It almost feels like they need to "reboot" the whole thing, or do something to make it feel fresh and new.