Can anyone explain this?

Knitsuj

Things id check, Make sure your wifi Card is fully in the slot, they can sometimes get slightly wiggled out. Make sure your drivers are up to date as that can make them flakey and work sometimes, show that they should be working, but then dont.

Also Make sure if you have a VPN or internet filter settings on the desktop that they arent making it unable to connect.

12 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Things id check, Make sure your wifi Card is fully in the slot, they can sometimes get slightly wiggled out. Make sure your drivers are up to date as that can make them flakey and work sometimes, show that they should be working, but then dont.

Also Make sure if you have a VPN or internet filter settings on the desktop that they arent making it unable to connect.

This is not an isolated incident this is happening on multiple devices hardwired and wireless. The wireless router reads as everything is fine i have a connection from my ISP I have an IP address.  I have tried changing DNS servers rebooting the router and everything says I'm connected but no data throughput.  the problem is also intermittent sometimes it work but 80% of the time I am getting nothing. this has been going on for 2 days now with no change to any configuration.

1 hour ago, Knitsuj said:

This is not an isolated incident this is happening on multiple devices hardwired and wireless. The wireless router reads as everything is fine i have a connection from my ISP I have an IP address.  I have tried changing DNS servers rebooting the router and everything says I'm connected but no data throughput.  the problem is also intermittent sometimes it work but 80% of the time I am getting nothing. this has been going on for 2 days now with no change to any configuration.

Have you informed your ISP?

We had spectrum...they were beyond terrible. Intermittent outages, speeds that were way less than advertised and horrendous customer service. I don't know if you have other options where you live, but if you do, run as fast as you can. Otherwise, call and demand they prorate your bill and fix the issue.

Spectrum once had a monopoly where I live and after our local govt received thousands of complaints, built the infrastructure for a fiber isp to come in as competition. It's like night and day with this new isp.

I believe Spectrum is becoming desperate, they have sales people stationed at just about every wal mart in my town. I always tell them I'd volunteer for a colonoscopy before going back to them.

Can you ping your gateway? (192.168.1.1)

if yes, do a traceroute to 8.8.8.8, see how many hops out you can get

Internet not working at all, or somewhat working? What's the impact?