Probably the best Rig you will see today.

enzoray

Here are my specs:

CPU - i9 12900k OC to 5GHz

AIO - MSI Mag Coreliquid 240R

MOBO - MSI Carbon Wifi z690

GPU - RTX 3090 Founders Edition

RAM - 32GB 5600MHz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (2X16)

M.2 - 2x Firecuda 1tb 530 in Raid 0

PSU - Corsair RM850

CASE - LianLi Lancool Mesh II

FANS - 11x EZDIY ARGB FANS

Other details, photos and specs can be posted under request.

ps: im running a quad monitor setup with 4x 1080p MSI  screens at 144hz. 
This is mainly a work PC

Let me know 🙂

IMG_9993(1).JPG

HD.jpg

CPU.jpg

Edited by enzoray

5 minutes ago, enzoray said:

MSI Mag Coreliquid 240R

Return this. Also, it looks like you've got a 360R. They have...issues... and a recall.

https://linustechtips.com/search/?q=mag coreliquid&quick=1

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

16 minutes ago, enzoray said:

You had me until this. Sigh. That poor 3090.

RAID'ed SSD's. 🤨

What exactly is this machine used for? Definitely getting some money thrown around for the sake of it vibes. Some real suspect choices made here.

1 hour ago, enzoray said:

Well even if the rest of the build is a dumpster fire (ddr5, board, cooler, etc.) Atleast you didnt waste money on overpriced fans so thats the only good thing about this build i guess xD

1 hour ago, enzoray said:

Id rather call that an undervolt which is preffered for high end cpus, 12900k i think rus 5g at 1.2-1.25v. If you want a proper overclock aim for 5.3ghz+

Wow... sounds like a lot of people on here are bitter/jealous.  Just congratulate the guy on a fun build and move on, people.  There will always be those who criticize, but I expected better of some of the veteran members...

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

57 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

RAID'ed SSD's. 🤨

What exactly is this machine used for? Definitely getting some money thrown around for the sake of it vibes. Some real suspect choices made here.

He's using it to monitor a live stream broadcast.  If he is streaming at 1080, there is no point in using a higher resolution.

8 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Wow... sounds like a lot of people on here are bitter/jealous.  Just congratulate the guy on a fun build and move on, people.  There will always be those who criticize, but I expected better of some of the veteran members...

We've been around long enough to sniff out posts like these. Additionally, I have nothing to be jealous about. 

5 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

He's using it to monitor a live stream broadcast.  If he is streaming at 1080, there is no point in using a higher resolution.

Explain how a 3090 is necessary to playback 1080p livestreams, exactly. Hence my use case for this system question. Do you know this person?

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

RAID'ed SSD's. 🤨

I'd think that is for visualization and CAD... or at least could be great for that, like damn you could do smooth playback of a sequence of hundreds of 16k TIFFs with that GPU memory bandwidth and SSD speed

@enzorayI just want to clarify. @shoutingsteve’s post made me realize I could be one of those people. That is a bad ass rig. I wasn’t shooting down the build by any means. I just wanted to give you a heads up on that AIO. For what you do, this computer is going to last you a very long time. 

18 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Do you know this person?

OPs post history. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Thank you all for the feedbacks.

First of all, the AIO, i did not know that! Anyone can explain what is the issues related to it?

Regarding the fans. my cpu never goes up 75 degrees on full load in cinebench and my gpu never goes up 65 degrees on full load with furmark.

ventilation and fans are great. Bit loud when on full load but also because i have a full mesh case.

Regarding the usage of the PC.

I'm a Vision Senior Producer, it means that I do full LIVE production and Broadcasting with Vision Mixing Software for FTSE100 Companies and Multimillion Companies.

For an example. Is like watching CNN Live. I'm the guy that does all the fancy graphics that you see LIVE on TV.

The resources needed for these are not actually huge but Streaming OUT at 4k it does require a lot. So the better PC the Faster i can work and deliver.

This is not a gaming PC. I was a PRO gamer when i was young. Hence the RGB and fancy colours. I love building PC's

Forgot to mention that i also Use DaVinci for heavy Video Editing related to the job and sometimes you have to send clients the whole event before the end of the day.

Now, rendering a 4k video long 2/3 hours WILL REQUIRE A POWERFULL PC.

Also, Audio Production is not to underestimate.

There you go

2 hours ago, enzoray said:

First of all, the AIO, i did not know that! Anyone can explain what is the issues related to it?

It gets plugged up with sediment. I time stamped the video above where the tear down on the pump block starts, but at 22:50 it gets opened up. For a replacement, I'd recommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer ii. There is an ARGB one as well. It's not quite the coolest, but it's got really good history of quality. The Lian Li Galahad is a little bit cooler, but hasn't been around as long. I'm also not sure if it syncs with MSI Aura Sync. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

36 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

It gets plugged up with sediment. I time stamped the video above where the tear down on the pump block starts, but at 22:50 it gets opened up. For a replacement, I'd recommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer ii. There is an ARGB one as well. It's not quite the coolest, but it's got really good history of quality. The Lian Li Galahad is a little bit cooler, but hasn't been around as long. I'm also not sure if it syncs with MSI Aura Sync. 

The ting is that i'm not noticing any bad behaviours.
Idle is between 25 and 30 degrees.
Cinebench goes up to 85 degrees. Max 88.

So maybe im the lucky one?

On 3/17/2022 at 3:10 AM, Shimejii said:

Seems more like a Look what i can do for a tax write off PC for "work" but its your money i suppose. 

On 3/17/2022 at 3:35 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well even if the rest of the build is a dumpster fire (ddr5, board, cooler, etc.) Atleast you didnt waste money on overpriced fans so thats the only good thing about this build i guess xD

Id rather call that an undervolt which is preffered for high end cpus, 12900k i think rus 5g at 1.2-1.25v. If you want a proper overclock aim for 5.3ghz+

Please explain why you are so Bitter and Angry? There is no sense in that. Specially to say words like that. - -

Edited by LogicalDrm

6 hours ago, enzoray said:

The ting is that i'm not noticing any bad behaviours.
Idle is between 25 and 30 degrees.
Cinebench goes up to 85 degrees. Max 88.

So maybe im the lucky one?

Obligatory sorry for late response. Opened thread, got distracted with work, closed it and forgot.

There is always the chance that you got lucky. From what I've seen from them, they don't fail right away. Takes a few months. The recall is based on serial number, so there's a chance it was a bad batch of coolant. IMHO, I'd swap it, but if you really wanted to keep the all MSI theme going, at least put the serial number in the recall page to see if they know if yours is effected.

https://www.msi.com/Landing/liquid-cooler-swap-application

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Please explain why you are so Bitter and Angry? There is no sense in that. Specially to say words like that. 

Some very strange hardware choices made combined with the show off "look at how much money I spent" title is going to garner this reaction. 

For instance, 1080p displays (regardless of how many of them you have) are a very low resolution for a system of that caliber. Surely you could be more productive with more pixels and screen real estate with a more modern resolution. Secondly, RAID0 for modern NVMe SSD's in a desktop PC has little to no use case apart from big benchmark numbers which you chose to showoff as if it was somehow impressive. 

Edited by LogicalDrm

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Some very strange hardware choices made combined with the show off "look at how much money I spent" title is going to garner this reaction. 

For instance, 1080p displays (regardless of how many of them you have) are a very low resolution for a system of that caliber. Surely you could be more productive with more pixels and screen real estate with a more modern resolution. Secondly, RAID0 for modern NVMe SSD's in a desktop PC has little to no use case apart from big benchmark numbers which you chose to showoff as if it was somehow impressive. 

There is no need for a 4k monitor in my work field.
Raid 0 is to show ONE single Storage instead of 2.

What else?

Again, why so bitter and angry against peoples posts?
Instead you are not welcome to comment here anymore.

Thank you for nothing,.

Please explain why you are so Bitter and Angry? There is no sense in that. Specially to say words like that. 

I usually am precieved as rather bitter i guess but good thing you didnt post when i was only on the forum for less than 6 months cause oh boy i would have just flamed the build xD  im not that bad anymore but language could still be better

Ngl it still is quite a dumpster fire with the parts choices but atleast you did well with the psu, fans, and case.

I am alot more angry when i think of my first build cause i wasted over 100$ for a junk core2 duo system back in 2018 cause i bought off aliexpress and didnt know there were online stores that i could use to access my local used hardware market. The board alone is the price of a god damn giga ep45 ud series board let alone the rams, cooler, storage, etc. Not to mention i could have gotten an e8600 xeon equivalent instead of my e8400 that would have done 4.5g 1.4v easy but atleast in that regard my e8400 is pretty decent at clocking (4.4g 1.4v full stable, 4.7g 1.5v bench stable)

ofc ill flame my own build if its a complete dumpster fire cause thats really what it is ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Edited by LogicalDrm

23 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

We've been around long enough to sniff out posts like these. Additionally, I have nothing to be jealous about. 

Explain how a 3090 is necessary to playback 1080p livestreams, exactly. Hence my use case for this system question. Do you know this person?

I don't know him, but his previous posts are all regarding monitoring live streaming and Vmix.

Can someone recommend a better AIO and quieter fans?

(at the moment i get a top 85c in full load for the cpu and 65 for the 3090)

im not desperate to change or replace but it will purely be based on your feedbacks and seems that i could chamge fans and AIO:

- AIO 360 to be mounted at the front so the pump has to be designed for that.

- Push/pull conf like im doing but i want to replace all the fans so they are alm the same.

- So in total 11x argb fans to be added to the config (8x if the AIO includes 3x argb).

tHis has to be silent. Not ridiculous budgets please. 

On 3/25/2022 at 4:24 AM, enzoray said:

im not desperate to change or replace but it will purely be based on your feedbacks and seems that i could chamge fans and AIO:

- AIO 360 to be mounted at the front so the pump has to be designed for that.

The Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 is what I’d go with. The ARGB model does come with fans, but I don’t use RGB so I don’t know how well it syncs with MSI’s RGB. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 3/16/2022 at 9:41 PM, shoutingsteve said:

That's what ppl do with too much time on their hands.

On 3/16/2022 at 8:32 PM, enzoray said:

Here are my specs:

AIO - MSI Mag Coreliquid 240R

MOBO - MSI Carbon Wifi z690

GPU - RTX 3090 Founders Edition

RAM - 32GB 5600MHz DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (2X16)

M.2 - 2x Firecuda 1tb 530 in Raid 0

PSU - Corsair RM850

CASE - LianLi Lancool Mesh II

Other details, photos and specs can be posted under request.

This is mainly a work PC

Let me know 🙂

IMG_9993(1).JPG

HD.jpg

CPU.jpg

Very cool, but why 4 1080 monitors?