Asus Laptops Are Trash

i have gone though 3 G14s (2021) all were defective heres poof 

this time i just chimped out and mashed it. i cant tell u how mad these laptops have made me when ever i used them. 

0308221541.thumb.jpg.8b9d4eb5934c85ca723aa1bc63b2ac2d.jpg

0308221541a.thumb.jpg.f4b81cf52b029e967a6399aa0e1d52c5.jpg

0308221541b.thumb.jpg.a0dca166bb2525141b5bd654a7e14aa3.jpg

u can also see the bestbuy RMA stickers to. so if the bestbuy RMA guy sees this. dude u should have just trashed it and gave me my money back. u didnt fix a single think the screen still had its dead pixils, the fan was still broken and it still had coil wine...

heres what set me off. Minecraft Exit Error:1

it couldnt even play fvcking minecraft!!! this was with a frash Win10 install to. 

what could he fix? I mean could replace thats it or if they really had someone to replace the whole screen/top.

but sure, some of these prices can be bad. And some of these brands are not good in their higher price range.

Can agree that it's annoying to deal with expensive stuff, but with some cheap *** quality or high of defects.

But you should have just gotten the money back... why ruin it all?

Probably could have flipped it and grabbed something new. But if Minecraft was throwing that error it's unlikely to be a performance issue, those are usually due to bad configs or wonky mods. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

So... You just broke a laptop because of coil whine, some dead pixels and a 'faulty fan'?

First of all, coil whine isn't a defect. It can be annoying but it doesn't break anything - in fact, it means the inductors are working the way they should. Every device has coil whine, but most are just outside of human hearing range. Most only fix it under warranty if it's really bad, but even then it doesn't have to be accepted for repair. You don't want to know how bad my coil whine is, but I've never had any issues with my pc because of it.

There's a number of dead pixels allowed in a display. If it's under that number they don't have to fix it. Especially if it's somewhere hidden in a corner or on the taskbar or something.

What makes you think that fan is faulty?

21 minutes ago, TankBall said:

it couldnt even play fvcking minecraft!!! this was with a frash Win10 install to. 

Since you did a fresh install... Did you even install drivers?

Why would you break a laptop that probably works just fine?

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

So... You just broke a laptop because of coil whine, some dead pixels and a 'faulty fan'?

First of all, coil whine isn't a defect. Most only fix it under warranty if it's really bad.

There's a number of dead pixels allowed in a display. If it's under that number they don't have to fix it.

Why would you break a laptop that probably works just fine?

imagine asking someone this when u dont have the laptop in your hands "What makes you think that fan is faulty?" simple when ever it spines out it make noise and would vibate the hole laptop.

10 dead pixils isnt normal.

also ive gone though 3 of theses and im done

3 minutes ago, TankBall said:

imagine asking someone this when u dont have the laptop in your hands "What makes you think that fan is faulty?" simple when ever it spines out it make noise and would vibate the hole laptop.

10 dead pixils isnt normal.

also ive gone though 3 of theses and im done

10 dead pixels is indeed much. Sounds like the fan somehow got loose or something got inside of it. What I think might have happened here is that the first unit got damaged during shipping, and then you RMA'd it, and they said they replaced it but just sent back the old one. If you saved the SN somewhere you could see if they actually replaced it. I always do this just in case, for when something like this happens.

26 minutes ago, TankBall said:

i have gone though 3 G14s (2021) all were defective heres poof 

this time i just chimped out and mashed it. i cant tell u how mad these laptops have made me when ever i used them. 

0308221541.thumb.jpg.8b9d4eb5934c85ca723aa1bc63b2ac2d.jpg

0308221541a.thumb.jpg.f4b81cf52b029e967a6399aa0e1d52c5.jpg

0308221541b.thumb.jpg.a0dca166bb2525141b5bd654a7e14aa3.jpg

u can also see the bestbuy RMA stickers to. so if the bestbuy RMA guy sees this. dude u should have just trashed it and gave me my money back. u didnt fix a single think the screen still had its dead pixils, the fan was still broken and it still had coil wine...

heres what set me off. Minecraft Exit Error:1

I would hate to be your girlfriend.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

This guy is crazy 🤣

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

-Locked-

A thread like this won't yield any friendly replies.

OP: If you want to write a review about this system you may feel free to do so in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner. You can read the posting guidelines for the member reviews here.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P