News! Potential BioShock movie coming!

Assassin

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bioshock-movie-could-be-back-in-development/1100-6419081/

After being shut down altogether several years ago, the BioShock movie may again be moving forward, as evidenced by several domain names registered last month by Sony Pictures.

The domain names, as found by Kotaku, include bioshock-movie.com, bioshock-movie.net, and bio-shock.net. All three list Sony Pictures in their registration information. Sony was never publicly involved with previous attempts to develop a BioShock film, but these registrations suggest it may now be looking to do so.

Back in 2008, Pirates of the Caribbean director Gore Verbinski was set to direct a BioShock film being financed by Universal Pictures. A year later, reports circulated that Verbinski was thinking of backing out, which he did afterproduction was halted due to concerns regarding the budget and the R rating Verbinski wanted. 28 Weeks Laterdirector Juan Carlos Fresnadillo was then tapped to direct, but the movie again fell apart, with BioShock creative director Ken Levine stating last year that he was responsible for ultimately axing the project.

Please don't suck! Please don't suck! I just hope that the movie adaption does not suck like most movie adaptations based on video games do. There's always a girl, there's always a lighthouse, and perhaps behind one of those doors is a universe where the Hollywood's ill-fated BioShock movie was released.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

No no no no no no and no and another big fat ass no.

Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite is a story told in a first person perspective, there is a huge build up of personal emotion and connections before the story hits you hard. A movie will never be able to come close to the impact that playing the game through the story will have.  I can see games like The Last of Us which is told in third person being made in a movie, but Bioshock is not suitable.

10/10 would not movie

When games are made into a movie, it's a big no-no. Look at the need for speed movie, then look at the ratings.

the difference is that no nfs game had a decent story. But look at bioshock infinite. People are playing it just for the story

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

the difference is that no nfs game had a decent story. But look at bioshock infinite. People are playing it just for the story

That doesn't mean it will make a great movie, you are not adding any input to the final scene or level of the moviegame

This isn't going to work... I'll watch it anyway

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

People were playing Bioshock for the story long before Infinite came out

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I believe sony is just preparing for the chance that something like a bioshock movie could be a reality. I agree with something that youtubers AMC movie talk had brought up. I believe that video game movies haven't been that great over the years there have been some okay ones but nothing that has been amazing. With the World of Warcraft movie coming at some point I think that will be the benchmark as to where hollywood goes with these video game franchises.

God no. It will suck ass.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

10/10 would not watch again

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Irrational studios closes down and looses control of the ip and now look what happens. I bet were going to see like 3 more games too or something stupid.

They're truly run out of ideas haven't they?

Probably not 2k is just going to try to milk the franchise.

Huh, wasn't expecting be the minority in being excited for this when I saw the thread...

Yes the stories in the game are designed to be told as first person. There is no reason that a story based on bioshock can't be told in third person. All this needs is a decent writer.

There is no reason to be upset that they are making a movie based on a game. And there is no reason why this won't be able too be good.

I'm not sure it will exist though, there have been so many rumours of movies like portal, half life, assassin's creed. But I never saw any solid confirmation for any of them.

Yes the stories in the game are designed to be told as first person. There is no reason that a story based on bioshock can't be told in third person. All this needs is a decent writer.

There is no reason to be upset that they are making a movie based on a game. And there is no reason why this won't be able too be good.

I'm not sure it will exist though, there have been so many rumours of movies like portal, half life, assassin's creed. But I never saw any solid confirmation for any of them.

Assassin's Creed is definitely coming. 

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_(film)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

It wouldn't be as mind blowing.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx