5900x best AIO cooler by perf with Noctua PPC3000 fans?

stambamiki

Hi, 

Im looking into finally upgrading my PC after a decade of running the same system. So i want to make a pc that I always dreamt of building but never could afford it.
Been saving a lot and wanted to by when Rona hit and prices went up so i waited but now because of Ru-Uk Im thinking better to buy it now than wait few years again for prices to come back down.

Parts list:
AMD Ryzen 5900x                                             Cause for 170e more I will not need 5950x (and also by the time 7000 comes out we will not be able to buy it or it will cost 2000e)
Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming                    I want to do slight OC and in MB tier list this was one of the best (not including 600+e ones)
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14 (4x8)             I read (and also saw old Nexus video) that 3200 and CL14 works best for Zen 3 but maybe im wrong  ???

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SUPRIM X                  Didnt do a lot of checks but apparently it has great clock 
Seasonic PRIME TX 1000 W 80+ Titanium       "Its Seasonic. Come on!" but not going under 1000w, I could go also with 1200w but not saving on this one

All that would go into Lian Li O11D XL-X ATX Full Tower Case.
And for that I want to get Noctua PPC 3000 fans:
3x120mm for side
1x120mm for back
2x140mm for bottom

3x120mm/2x140mm for top

I separated this last one cause thats what I want to talk about.

As you can see Im not buying parts for how pretty they are or how silent they are so I dont care about anything except how it works.
And also i would replace stock fans with PPC so Im just looking what would be the best AIO radiator+pump combo to use.
360mm or 280mm are both fine as long as they are providing best performance.

And before you start about NHD15, I know I know. But I upgraded my current cooler with NHD14 so now I want to explore AIO before I start doing custom loop in future.

What do you think the best AIO would be and why?

2 minutes ago, odogcuda340 said:

what's the question?

What would be the best AIO cooler for 5900x based on performance and not taking noise or looks into consideration?
It would have stock fans replaced with Noctua PPC so Im looking at best radiator+pump combo as we can factor out the stock fans from it.

Pick any 360mm AIO that looks nice to you and uses a 3 or 4 pin for pump control. (not usb).

They all perform around the same, just get whatever looks nice. Its a fan benchmark basically, and since you're replacing those it doesn't matter.

Also consider 12th gen intel and the 5800X3D once it comes out.

Only pick Lian Li Gallahad, Arctic Liquid Freezer II, or EK-AIO (basic, or D-RGB). GamersNexus has testing proving them to be better than most of the competition. (I'm not saying there aren't others that can match or beat, just that we don't have confirmation yet).

Just double check Liquid Freezer II compatibility as it has more depth than the rest.

17 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Those Noctua fans are not great.

Actually they are pretty good, but they are loud af when they approach half speed and up. I don’t mind them too much, but I would strongly dislike them if I had to sit beside my tower instead of 9 feet away from it.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

43 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Actually they are pretty good, but they are loud af when they approach half speed and up. I don’t mind them too much, but I would strongly dislike them if I had to sit beside my tower instead of 9 feet away from it.

Pretty good is not enough. If its 5x the price of Arctic p12 you should not be ok with similar performance.

30 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Pretty good is not enough. If its 5x the price of Arctic p12 you should not be ok with similar performance.

Lol they kick the shit out of P12s..

13 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Only pick Lian Li Gallahad, Arctic Liquid Freezer II, or EK-AIO (basic, or D-RGB). GamersNexus has testing proving them to be better than most of the competition. (I'm not saying there aren't others that can match or beat, just that we don't have confirmation yet).

Just double check Liquid Freezer II compatibility as it has more depth than the rest.

The Lian Li Galahad is mega loud. I used to have it. I would get the EK personally 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

19 hours ago, D1D01 said:

The 12600k slaps the 5900x in some stuff. It's kinda nuts. 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

20 hours ago, stambamiki said:

Hi, 

Im looking into finally upgrading my PC after a decade of running the same system. So i want to make a pc that I always dreamt of building but never could afford it.
Been saving a lot and wanted to by when Rona hit and prices went up so i waited but now because of Ru-Uk Im thinking better to buy it now than wait few years again for prices to come back down.

Parts list:
AMD Ryzen 5900x                                             Cause for 170e more I will not need 5950x (and also by the time 7000 comes out we will not be able to buy it or it will cost 2000e)
Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming                    I want to do slight OC and in MB tier list this was one of the best (not including 600+e ones)
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14 (4x8)             I read (and also saw old Nexus video) that 3200 and CL14 works best for Zen 3 but maybe im wrong  ???

MSI GeForce RTX 3080 SUPRIM X                  Didnt do a lot of checks but apparently it has great clock 
Seasonic PRIME TX 1000 W 80+ Titanium       "Its Seasonic. Come on!" but not going under 1000w, I could go also with 1200w but not saving on this one

All that would go into Lian Li O11D XL-X ATX Full Tower Case.
And for that I want to get Noctua PPC 3000 fans:
3x120mm for side
1x120mm for back
2x140mm for bottom

3x120mm/2x140mm for top

I separated this last one cause thats what I want to talk about.

As you can see Im not buying parts for how pretty they are or how silent they are so I dont care about anything except how it works.
And also i would replace stock fans with PPC so Im just looking what would be the best AIO radiator+pump combo to use.
360mm or 280mm are both fine as long as they are providing best performance.

And before you start about NHD15, I know I know. But I upgraded my current cooler with NHD14 so now I want to explore AIO before I start doing custom loop in future.

What do you think the best AIO would be and why?

First off. 5900x not worth it for new builds right now. It gets slapped by 12600k/12700k, let alone 12900k. Second off, you don't need such crazy motherboard/ram/power supply. You could likely get by with cheaper. Third, don't get those noctua fans. Get a12x25's for radiators if you must have the best. The IPPC 3000 sound like a spaceship blasting off into space. 

Hi all,

thank you for your replies.

It helped me a lot.

I have change the parts a bit and now im going with:
Intel 12900k
Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4

G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL16
ASUS ROG Ryujin 360

Lian Li and Seasonic still remain as from original list.
As Ryujin is coming with noctua fans I will not get PPC fans for them.
Also Im rethinking of getting PPC fans for case since you all say they are super loud.

I am now searching the best prices for each component (in Germany where im at) and at the end I will check the best options for fans. Maybe i even go RGB fans 😄 Since Ryujin already has a display and G.Slil is RGB ram so maybe embrace it (even though I honestly dont care about look since its not going to be a show-off).

So if you have any suggestions about fans and also GPU (if maybe the one im getting isnt the best) i would love to hear them, but please dont say just cause you like them, there must be a reason why you think they are the best (based by specs/performance).

Again, thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, stambamiki said:

Hi all,

thank you for your replies.

It helped me a lot.

I have change the parts a bit and now im going with:
Intel 12900k
Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4

G.Skill Trident Z 3600 CL16
ASUS ROG Ryujin 360

Lian Li and Seasonic still remain as from original list.
As Ryujin is coming with noctua fans I will not get PPC fans for them.
Also Im rethinking of getting PPC fans for case since you all say they are super loud.

I am now searching the best prices for each component (in Germany where im at) and at the end I will check the best options for fans. Maybe i even go RGB fans 😄 Since Ryujin already has a display and G.Slil is RGB ram so maybe embrace it (even though I honestly dont care about look since its not going to be a show-off).

So if you have any suggestions about fans and also GPU (if maybe the one im getting isnt the best) i would love to hear them, but please dont say just cause you like them, there must be a reason why you think they are the best (based by specs/performance).

Again, thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it.

That looks like a good build. You could save a bunch of cash going with a 12700k though

Oh yeah, also i would like to do very slight OC on CPU. Nothing crazy but just to say that I did it and to go through the process and experience of doing it on this generation of cpu.
So because of that this MB was recommended by a few forums and reviews.

Just now, Ryan829 said:

That looks like a good build. You could save a bunch of cash going with a 12700k though

Thanks 🙂 
its 100e cheaper and since Im already giving 3500e, whats 100e more. If it was 200e+ then i would do it but this way honestly i think it makes no sense and i know i will use it for very long time before i do another upgrade (although my next step would be to build custom loop for this build, thats why i choose this case).

Update:

I will go with:
12GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC
It has 1755Mhz clock for 1,3k(e) considering every other card is 1,4k(e)+ with more and sometimes less clock.

24 minutes ago, Ryan829 said:

Or even the 12600K, which is still better performimg than the 5900x. There is quite a hike to the 12700K $150.00 for only 20% or so more power.

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

Lol they kick the shit out of P12s..

Those are literally black f12:s. Not great and only good if you tolerate +2000rpm and p12:s almost match a12:s.

21 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Those are literally black f12:s. Not great and only good if you tolerate +2000rpm and p12:s almost match a12:s.

Wait a sec, I am confused.. it doesn’t take much trust me. I thought he was asking about  Noctua iPPC? I have the 3K models so that’s what I think of when iPPC is mentioned.. I wouldn’t buy regular Noc fans.. 😄

Noctua IPPC are louder than their non-professional Noctua counterparts (at the same speeds), due to the tweaks for the application they are intended for. @Jeppesis completely right here, 120mm iPPC are a horrible buy. While 140mm iPPC are ok-ish and much better compared to their smaller brothers, there's better options nowadays.

Going by noise-normalized performance Liquid-Crystal Polymer fans (like a12x25, and t30-120) are king.

Final update:

I have made the purchase today.

Case Lian Li O11Dynamic XL
MB Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4
CPU Intel Core i9 12900K
CPU AIO ASUS ROG Ryujin II 360
RAM G.Skill Trident Z 8Gb 3600Mhz CL16 x2 
PSU Seasonic Prime TX-1000w 80+ Titanium
GPU 12GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR
Case Fan Side Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB 120 mm (3pack)
Case Fan Bot Corsair iCUE QL140 RGB 140 mm (2 pack)
Case Fan Back Corsair iCUE QL130 RGB 120 mm (1 pack)
Thermal Paste Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

I would like to thank you all again for your inputs, thoughts, help and everything. You have made me rethink my choices and showed me where I was wrong and for which reasons, i love to see that and to learn new things.

Again, REALLY BIG BIG thanks to all of you!!! I love our community of PC enthusiasts 🙂