Good low-cost cooler for a Ryzen 5 2600X

Joseph .M 101

I was given a Ryzen 5 2600X (no cooler) to upgrade my Ryzen 3 2200G, and under moderate to high load, I get temperatures around 70 to 80 Celsius, which makes me extremely uncomfortable (sometimes it jumps to 100 Celsius and shuts down). I'm stuck with using the cooler from my Ryzen 3 since that's the only one I have, and I don't know what cooler to get so that the temperature stays under (preferably) 60 Celsius.

What is a good bang-for-the buck cooler (under $100) that I can get for the Ryzen 5?

7 minutes ago, Joseph .M 101 said:

I was given a Ryzen 5 2600X (no cooler) to upgrade my Ryzen 3 2200G, and under moderate to high load, I get temperatures around 70 to 80 Celsius, which makes me extremely uncomfortable (sometimes it jumps to 100 Celsius and shuts down). I'm stuck with using the cooler from my Ryzen 3 since that's the only one I have, and I don't know what cooler to get so that the temperature stays under (preferably) 60 Celsius.

What is a good bang-for-the buck cooler (under $100) that I can get for the Ryzen 5?

Will you be overclocking?

If not, a cooler such as the Vetroo V5 or Hyper 212 would be solid.

If you're planning on overclocking, then you'd want a little more cooling capacity such as an arctic freezer 34 esports duo or scythe Fuma 2.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

10 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

Will you be overclocking?

If not, a cooler such as the Vetroo V5 or Hyper 212 would be solid.

If you're planning on overclocking, then you'd want a little more cooling capacity such as an arctic freezer 34 esports duo or scythe Fuma 2.

I thought about maybe overclocking slightly (3.9GHz at the most). It already seems like it boosts past 4GHz, so I don't think I will. I'll look into the ones you mentioned, though.

I'll take a look at the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo since a lot of people seem to be recommending it.

Also, what's a good thermal paste? I know I should've asked that initially but didn't think to (sorry!).

22 minutes ago, Joseph .M 101 said:

I'll take a look at the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo since a lot of people seem to be recommending it.

Also, what's a good thermal paste? I know I should've asked that initially but didn't think to (sorry!).

make sure to use the quote button so we can see your responses.

Any cooler you buy new will come with adequate thermal paste, if you buy a used cooler and need more, you can get some Arctic MX-4 for real cheap. it's far from bad.

For CPU cooler, I recommend looking at the Vetroo V5. Really inexpensive, and not bad at all.

44 minutes ago, Joseph .M 101 said:

I don't know what cooler to get so that the temperature stays under (preferably) 60 Celsius.

under 60 celsius is really low, even under 70 is gonna take a pretty decent cooler (depending on how good your case airflow is). However, there's not really a benefit to it. If your CPU stays around 75 degrees its whole life, you don't have to worry about it crapping out on you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad