Issue Deleting Account

Guest CluckerByte

Hi there,

I've tried deleting my account a dozen times now and every time I immediately get an error stating my account deletion has been cancelled.

I am not doing anything to cancel my deletion, I simply close the page once it's confirmed to be scheduled for deletion.

Can somebody assist and potentially tag a moderator to help?

Thanks!

When you set your forum account to be deleted there is a 7 day cooldown period. After completing the form to delete your account you will be logged out, if you log in to the account at any time during the 7 day cooldown period the deletion process will be cancelled. Are you logging in again after setting the account to be deleted?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Can you take a screen recording of exactly what you're doing, so we can look into it further?

Moved to Bugs and Issues

HTTP/2 203

On 2/15/2022 at 3:45 AM, CluckerByte said:

Hi there,

I've tried deleting my account a dozen times now and every time I immediately get an error stating my account deletion has been cancelled.

I am not doing anything to cancel my deletion, I simply close the page once it's confirmed to be scheduled for deletion.

Can somebody assist and potentially tag a moderator to help?

Thanks!

Are you still logged in on any other devices?  Maybe a phone or a tablet somewhere?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Hello all and thank you for coming back to me on this one, when I follow the process to delete my account, it says submission successful and has a logout button, I simply click the log out button and that is it, I receive an email that it is scheduled for deletion, then one that says deletion cancelled. This happens no matter what, even if I just leave the browser alone after completing the final deletion process step.

I am not logged into this account anywhere else.

Here are some photos, both of the emails and the final page when I submit the request. (On the final page, to clarify I have clicked the logout button and also tried not doing anything and just letting it sit there, both with no success)

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

thats weird, but, do you even need the account deleted? i mean you can just keep it without ever logging in.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

13 hours ago, adarw said:

thats weird, but, do you even need the account deleted? i mean you can just keep it without ever logging in.

They can compromise, but it is a feature that is available and it is giving issues for this user so it is helpful to investigate in the event there is a problem with this feature

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

On 2/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, adarw said:

I mean obviously, I forgot I even had this account until I Google'd my username, which is exactly why I want to delete it, I wish usernames were not an indexable item on websites.

My alternative is to change my username completely and start fresh if I accumulate too much searchable presence, which isn't ideal since I'm quite fond of the username, but alas, never hold anything too close.

29 minutes ago, CluckerByte said:

I mean obviously, I forgot I even had this account until I Google'd my username, which is exactly why I want to delete it, I wish usernames were not an indexable item on websites.

My alternative is to change my username completely and start fresh if I accumulate too much searchable presence, which isn't ideal since I'm quite fond of the username, but alas, never hold anything too close.

oh i see what you mean, i would change your username at first, but can mods just outright delete accounts like before?

-----------------

#

The cancellation link was "clicked" by an IP from Microsoft. Most likely this is part of their email spam/malware protection checks. We can probably solve this in the longer term by requiring another click on the cancel page, but if you'd like your account deleted in the mean time you can either try turning down the malware protections on your email, or you can file a ticket using the Forum Support link in the footer to have the account deleted manually.

HTTP/2 203

14 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The cancellation link was "clicked" by an IP from Microsoft. Most likely this is part of their email spam/malware protection checks. We can probably solve this in the longer term by requiring another click on the cancel page, but if you'd like your account deleted in the mean time you can either try turning down the malware protections on your email, or you can file a ticket using the Forum Support link in the footer to have the account deleted manually.

Thank you for your insight, I'll use the Forum Support link.

EDIT: Ok this is getting a little ridiculous, the Forum Support ticket submission fails due to "Captcha verification failed, try again!".

To clarify, I fill out all the fields required and click the "I'm not a robot" box. Pretty standard stuff I've done a million times, but this one might be broken.

Could somebody please forward my request, this thread as proof, to somebody of authority who can delete my account?

4 hours ago, CluckerByte said:

Could somebody please forward my request, this thread as proof, to somebody of authority who can delete my account?

You are quoting the authority. Both automatic system and ticket are there to gather all necessary information for the process.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, CluckerByte said:

EDIT: Ok this is getting a little ridiculous, the Forum Support ticket submission fails due to "Captcha verification failed, try again!".

To clarify, I fill out all the fields required and click the "I'm not a robot" box. Pretty standard stuff I've done a million times, but this one might be broken.

Captcha can be picky if you're running an ad blocker. Or if you click on the images too quickly (that was a new one but the website I buy parts from in the UK has that issue).

US Gaming Rig (April 2021): Win 11Pro/10 Pro, Thermaltake Core V21, Intel Core i7 10700K with XMP2/MCE enabled, 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @3,600MHz, Asus Z490-G (Wi-Fi), SK Hynix nvme SSDs (1x 2TB P41, 1x 500GB P31) SSDs, 1x WD 4TB SATA SSD, 1x16TB Seagate HDD, Asus Dual RTX 3060 V2 OC, Seasonic Focus PX-750, LG 27GN800-B monitor. Logitech Z533 speakers, Xbox Stereo & Wireless headsets, Logitech G213 keyboard, G703 mouse with Powerplay

UK HTPC #2 (April 2022) Win 11 Pro, Silverstone ML08, (with SST-FPS01 front panel adapter), Intel Core i5 10400, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3,600MHz, Asus B560-I, SK Hynix P31 (500GB) nvme boot SSD, 1x 5TB Seagate 2.5" HDD, Drobo S with 5x4TB HDDs, Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Silverstone SST-SX500-LG v2.1 SFX PSU, LG 42LW550T TV. Philips HTL5120 soundbar, Logitech K400.

US HTPC (planning 2024): Win 11 Pro, Streacom DB4, Intel Core i5 13600T, RAM TBC (32GB), AsRock Z690-itx/ax, SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB, Streacom ZF240 PSU, LG TV, Logitech K400.

US NAS (planning): tbc

UK Gaming Rig #2 (May 2013, offline 2020): Win 10 Pro/Win 8.1 Pro with MCE, Antec 1200 v3, Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2GHz, 4x4GB Corsair DDR3 @1,600MHz, Asus Z87-DELUXE/Dual, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB boot SSD, 1TB & 500GB sata m.2 SSDs (and 6 HDDs for 28TB total in a Storage Space), no dGPU, Seasonic SS-660XP2, Dell U2410 monitor. Dell AY511 soundbar, Sennheiser HD205, Saitek Eclipse II keyboard, Roccat Kone XTD mouse.

UK Gaming Rig #1 (Feb 2008, last rebuilt 2013, offline 2020): Win 7 Ultimate (64bit)/Win Vista Ultimate (32bit)/Win XP Pro (32bit), Coolermaster Elite 335U, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @3.6GHz, 4x2GB Corsair DDR3 @1,600MHz, Asus P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-Ap@n, 2x 1TB & 2x 500GB 2.5" HDDs (1 for each OS & 1 for Win7 data), NVidia GTX 750, CoolerMaster Real Power M620 PSU, shared I/O with gaming rig #2 via KVM.

UK HTPC #1 (June 2010, rebuilt 2012/13, offline 2022) Win 7 Home Premium, Antec Fusion Black, Intel Core i3 3220T, 4x2GB OCZ DDR3 @1,600MHz, Gigabyte H77M-D3H, OCZ Agility3 120GB boot SSD, 1x1TB 2.5" HDD, Blackgold 3620 TV Tuner, Seasonic SS-400FL2 Fanless PSU, Logitech MX Air, Origen RC197.

Laptop: 2015 HP Spectre x360, i7 6500U, 8GB Ram, 512GB m.2 Sata SSD.

Tablet: Surface Go 128GB/8GB.

Mini PC: Intel Compute Stick (m3)

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

The account has now been deleted.

im pretty sure they didnt want their names to remain there.

-----------------

#