The World's First Windows 8 Powered TV

GoodBytes

Apek, a Brazilian company releases the Maxpad, a multi-touch Windows 8 smart TV, the first of its kind.

cf927364-640c-4acc-a1ac-905534bd0490.jpg

The smartTV is available in 39, 50 and 63.5-inch, and is powered by AMD's A10 APU going at 3.8GHz (quad core CPU) and Radeon HD7660 graphics.

As for storage it uses a 60GB SSD hybrid designed with a 500GB HDD. RAM is unknown. It has the ability to rewind live TV up to 150min, and include application to take stills of Live TV content and draw on them and send it to social network services. It also includes a 5MP camera.

The TV includes a stand which allows you to install the device an in angled table, flat on the wall like a normal TV, or like a coffee table.

MaxPad-Windows-Touch-TV-1.jpg

The starting price is $5,400 US, (multi-stand included)

And is available in a variety of colors, such as white, black, orange, green, gray and more:

0495bea8-1feb-44f6-b85c-0fc42ef65ecb.jpg

It also features a dual sided remote where one side it's a TV remote and the other a keyboard.

bf5a827d-1a8d-4ef4-962c-72cb36f7d6b4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsMXtcsw-5A

Source 1: http://hexus.net/tech/news/systems/68817-apek-maxpad-worlds-first-windows-8-powered-smarttv/

Source 2: http://www.maxpad.com.br/indexeng.html

Update

The screen resolution is 1920x1080 for all models, so depending on what you plan to do, you have consider the size of the device.

Also, something to note, the prices are Brazil's converted in U.S, not actual U.S MSRP prices, so it could be cheaper.

Source of update: http://www.neowin.net/news/brazil-based-apek-launches-maxpad-a-large-screen-windows-81-pc-tv

What da hell

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Or, you could just, you know...

Plug an HTPC up to your TV...

Known resolution?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

i was making a joke about this happening few weeks ago.....

anyway its a great idea

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

So, it's pretty much a gigantic AIO with a TV Tuner.

Why would I want to smudge fingerprints all over the panel? :S

Yay it has windows, WHY THE HECK IS IT COLOURFUL, honestly why, should have been brushed aluminium.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This isn't that bad, I would use it if I used my TV, I only use it for playing Ps3 exclusive games.... 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Your TV doesn't have the stand, nor touch screen.

Meh.

Who's going to sit next to their TV for more than twenty minutes? Even flat. Upright, it's a nightmare if it's mounted vertically.

And a TV stand is easy to obtain...

Why would anyone want to touch their TV and get cheetos stains all over it?

Joking aside(I'm only half joking)

I would consider getting something like this if it was more affordable and not 5k

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Your TV doesn't have the stand, nor touch screen.

Stands are cheap, and a TV doesn't need a touchscreen (ever). What the hell are you doing, standing 2ft from the TV while watching?

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The screen resolution is 1920x1080 for all models, so depending on what you plan to do, you have consider the size of the device.

Also, something to note, the prices are Brazil's converted in U.S, not actual U.S MSRP prices, so it could be cheaper.

If anything i see this being pretty cool in the angled table and coffee table mode. Imagine having one of these in a cafe/restaurant as a table and you could order things using it while being able to access the internet and other features. As a TV it seems a bit of an overkill, but as an angled table or coffee table it makes a lot of sense and looks pretty cool.

Touching a TV that sounds like a nightmare to me, even though I have no TV myself :D (awful content in my country and ads, 90mins of content 30 of ad)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Stands are cheap, and a TV doesn't need a touchscreen (ever). What the hell are you doing, standing 2ft from the TV while watching?

Coffee table mode and in angle mode needs multi touch.

Microsoft PixelSense (formerly known as Surface) table is over 8 000$ U.S, 1080p display, and overall lower specs.

Also find me a stand that can do all 3 positions.

I agree that your TV doesn't need a touchscreen, but I'd take a coffee table with a touchscreen.

I've always wanted a Surface: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Surface-Table-1-0-Multi-Touchscreen-Coffee-Table-/231194789250?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item35d4488582

so this is where fox news got those giant tablets :D

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Known resolution?

Can't be more than 1080p if it's also a TV

I Don't Get it. Am I Missing Something.

Why does Microsoft keep screwing up I though they liked money. Looks to me like they love wasting money. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard