Ghosted by Microsoft (or Microsoft owes me $600 but wont return my calls)

Czar7

I'm not sure where to turn, but after hours and hours on the phone with Microsoft, and 50+ emails, I still havent gotten anywhere.

Background:

My Xbox Series X died in November (of last year).  Since I purchased it via the Microsoft Store, I called them and scheduled an "Advanced Warranty Return".  Essentially they would put a hold on my credit card first, send me a new unit, and once I send the broken unit back, they would release the hold.

The first bit of it went well.  I received the replacement XBox after a few days.  I emailed support for the shipping label (which I hadn't received, nor was it in the box that Microsoft shipped to me).  After a couple of days (it was a Sunday), I got a shipping label from them, and I immediately took it to a FedEx depot (in Staples).  I didnt think anything of it until a few days later when an automated email said I didnt ship it.

After contacting MS support, they determined they sent me the wrong shipping label, but they assured me that my credit card would not be charged, but after a couple of weeks they actually did charge me!  I've spent about 10+ hours on the phone, numerous emails (50+) and the only thing they say is that there's nothing they can do until it arrives at their warehouse.  Unfortunately I doubt that it will ever arrive at their warehouse since the shipping label had it sent to their US warehouse and not their Canadian one.  

Anyways, I'm stuck now with a $600 charge on my credit card (which I had to pay) with no way to escalate at Microsoft.  (In one call, I got passed between different departments about 10 times).  They no longer respond to my emails (after they assigned an "advocate" to my case that assured me they would keep me up to date.. of which the last email from them was about a month ago).  

So, does anyone know where I could turn?  I've already reported this to my credit card, but its a long process through them.  

You didnt tell us the country, in some there's laws to protect the consumer.

But i see you mentioning $$$ and Fedex so im guessing U.S.A.?

Sorry but then you're shit out of luck for my first point... 😞

I would highly suggest trying to get the charges reversed, don't give up until that's done.
And only after that is done answer correspondence from Microshit...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Its actually in Canada.  

I've already submitted a claim via my credit card, but they're pretty slow as well. 😞

1 minute ago, Czar7 said:

Its actually in Canada.  

I've already submitted a claim via my credit card, but they're pretty slow as well. 😞

Ah yeah i've got less knowledge about Canadian politics.
But arent they more into consumer safety?

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

If they're anything like Sony you'll get your account banned for a chargeback, so kiss your digital games goodbye if so. Main reason I buy all my PSN games with gift cards and will never use a credit card with them.

I sent a christmas card to a friend across ontario…

recieved: today

sent: dec 18

dont give up hope. It probably will get to canada eventually. Just hope it doesn’t get stopped at border. In fact, I would contact fedex and have the reroute the package if it hasnt arrived. if it has, get a copy of the delivery notice for you to provide to Cc Company 

Other than that you might get fucked. I got fucked recently by flair airlines. PLEASE GOD, NEVER FLY WITH THEM

17 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

If they're anything like Sony you'll get your account banned for a chargeback, so kiss your digital games goodbye if so. Main reason I buy all my PSN games with gift cards and will never use a credit card with them.

I don't understand how that really protects you? You don't have any protections with a gift card. I mean they can't charge you more, but if you get a fraudulent charge, you're just out that money.

Could just be my bank just eating it, however I did dispute a charge with Microsoft with no ill effects to my Microsoft account quite sometime ago. My charge was much less than $600 though.

Shouldn't the OP have the tracking information from the label, and be able to prove where it went? This should be a pretty easy dispute?

23 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I do the same but I don't see how that would help in this situation. Its mainly because I don't trust Sony with my credit card after they got hacked.

15 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

I don't understand how that really protects you? You don't have any protections with a gift card. I mean they can't charge you more, but if you get a fraudulent charge, you're just out that money.

That's the big reason. I hear horror stories about hundreds of dollars of Fortnite skins and crap like that charged to people who have used a credit card with PSN and gotten their accounts hacked.

10 hours ago, dilpickle said:

I do the same but I don't see how that would help in this situation. Its mainly because I don't trust Sony with my credit card after they got hacked.

Was just warning that a chargeback could really bone him if MS acts like Sony. Sounds like maybe they don't from the post a bit above though. Yeah Sony will never get a credit card number from me unless maybe it's a prepaid Visa card or something (have gotten those as gifts a couple of times before).

Someone from Microsoft (Calgary) must have received it:  They're had it since Dec 14th and still nothing from Microsoft :(.

FedEx.png

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a month of dealing with Microsoft to get back into an office 365 it wasn't a pleasant experience.  Granted I only attempted to work with them 1-2 days a week but its something that only takes a few minutes to do!

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator