Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
9 minutes ago, Charger said:

you have not really missed much sadly lol

Haha ok that's a relief. I already have to catch up on all of the major anime I missed this past year or so.

Laptop: ASUS G751JL-BBI7T29 GPU: GeForce GTX 965M 2GB CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ @ 2.6 GHz RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (although I plan on upgrading this to 16 or potentially even 24 GB soon) Storage: 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD Mouse: Logitech G300s Headset: Turtle Beach EarForce P11

2 minutes ago, Charger said:

Twice today I have seen the side of my case open on my pc... I think my dog is trying to learn about the pc repair.

he/she should make an account here so we can talk and help him/her

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

x4i6aMG.jpg

xD

I can`t wait for 29.07 to come.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

29.07?

The free upgrade offer to Windows 10 will end on July 29, 2016. ;)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

29.07?

Also, should I give Attack on Titan and Soul Eater a chance?  I kinda tried to avoid them.

They are both decent if you are interested in that type of anime anyways.

8 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

29.07?

Also, should I give Attack on Titan and Soul Eater a chance?  I kinda tried to avoid them.

Both are style over substance, and start off promisingly for their genres before quickly becoming pretty standard. Don't go in expecting much, not even after the first episode or two, and you might be able to enjoy them. I'd say Titan's worth at least the first few episodes to get all it really has to offer over other series, and that Soul Eater's manga is a bit easier to bear if you're not into that sort of kid's show. Either way, avoid Soul Eater Not like the plague, unless you like incredibly lazy cash-grab moe spinoffs. I steered clear of the Titan "moe highschool" spinoff, on the assumption that it's equally dumpster-tier.

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Eh, I'm the kinda person who watches Dexter's Lab, so the "kid's show" aspect doesn't bother me.

Yeah, but not everyone's into anime for younger teens or children, so it's worth mentioning. Soul Eater has a kinda nifty aesthetic, but it can be pretty grating or boring if you're a bit older than the target audience, so the manga form might be easier for some people to bear. Anime tend to struggle with being self-aware and reaching out to multiple demographics as easily as kid's shows in North America do (like Dexter's Lab).

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

http://senpai-knows.com/news-blue-exorcist-gets-2nd-season/

I'm sure I share the same thoughts you all do upon hearing such anticlimactic news: Spice and Wolf s3/Birdy s3/Baccano s2/etc when?

(that said I did enjoy some parts of Exorcist, namely "Blacky")

kinda more pumped over the UVERworld being the one doing the music tho. liked the ops and ed in ao no exorcist. show overall  was k imo.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

10 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

http://senpai-knows.com/news-blue-exorcist-gets-2nd-season/

I'm sure I share the same thoughts you all do upon hearing such anticlimactic news: Spice and Wolf s3/Birdy s3/Baccano s2/etc when?

(that said I did enjoy some parts of Exorcist, namely "Blacky")

i thought blue exorcist was decent but ya there are other things I would rather see get another season first lol

Truer words have never been spoken. :3

Sorry for coming out of no where, but do you guys have any anime suggestion that I should watch? I'm kinda into joker game, baccano, black lagoon, Mafia/army mature type animes

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

22 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

Truer words have never been spoken. :3

"Hype doesn't really start until the anime starts airing". Um, no. Anime are hyped well before so much as a PV ever comes out for them. One Punch Man for instance was hyped to hell and back the moment an anime was supposedly being considered. See also Titan. SAO. Even Hero Academia saw its fair share. The hype train just kicks into hyperdrive and goes plaid once the show actually starts airing. That doesn't mean it wasn't already obnoxious beforehand, it was just easier to ignore.

Anime hype only exists to make a broad section of the fandom ruin their own enjoyment of an anime by making it impossible for the show to live up to it. Then the fans act even more like dopey teenagers trying to convince themselves that they bet on the right horse. You can pretty much always tell what will be hyped based on the brand names and labels (or in anime's case, the biggest-name studio/director/etc, and whether they were adapted from a popular manga/LN). Even "surprise hits" like Madoka were hyped up a lot before they ever aired, because of whomever was involved, like Urobutcher.

Well said!

giphy.gif

Also didn`t you had something like 2000 posts? o.0

58 minutes ago, Belgarionbg said:

didn`t you had something like 2000 posts? o.0

I do, but LTT doesn't include posts in the off-topic section in the count for whatever reason. (I was actually trying to keep my counter at 0, but people kept unintentionally baiting me into commenting on other topics, back when this place was more active :))

Hi guys, I was wondering if you have any anime suggestions for me to watch, I have currently watched or am watching these anime:

Charlotte, a certain magical index, a certain scientific rail gun, accel world, air, akame ga kill, angel beats, ao no kanata no four rhythm, assassination classroom, black bullet, blue exorcist, btooom, chrome shelled regios, clannad and after story, claymore, code geass, legend of the legendary heroes, d-frag, divine gate, erased, neon Genesis evengelion, fate stay night, fate zero, fate stay night unlimited blade works, fullmetal alchemist, GATE, Gosick, guilty crown, haganai, hai to gensou no grimgar, henneko, Hunter x hunter, hyouka, infinite stratos, inou-battle, danmachi, kanon, kaze no stigma, konosuba, log horizon, mondaiji tachi, the seven deadly sins, no game no life, one punch man, oregairu, oreimo, outbreak company, persona 4, phantasy star online 2, plastic memories, rozen maiden, saenai heroine no sodatekata, saijaku muhai no bakamut, sakurasou, schwarzesmarken, seirei tsukai no blade dance, gakusen toshi asterisk, seraph of the end, attack on titan, sound euphonium, spice and wolf, steins gate, sword art online, the devil is a part timer, garden of sinners, mahouka koukou no rettousei, tonari no kaibutsu kun, toradora, Trinity seven, yamada kun and the seven witches, your lie (cry) in April, zero no tsukaima, re zero, anohana, chuunibyou, musaigen no phantom world, setokai yakuindomo, aria the scarlet ammo, bakemonogatari, future diary, kokoro connect, kiznaiver, macross frontier, madoka magika, zetsuzen to tempest, psycho pass, netoge no youme, boku no hero academia, sousei no onmyouji, sakamoto desu ga, k-on.

I am finding it hard to find anime that can live up to some of the better ones that I have watched, it would be appreciated if you can leave long running shows out (e.g. one piece, bleach and gintama) because of the sheer amount of episodes.

11 minutes ago, Taurus_Silver said:

Hi guys, I was wondering if you have any anime suggestions for me to watch, I have currently watched or am watching these anime:

Charlotte, a certain magical index, a certain scientific rail gun, accel world, air, akame ga kill, angel beats, ao no kanata no four rhythm, assassination classroom, black bullet, blue exorcist, btooom, chrome shelled regios, clannad and after story, claymore, code geass, legend of the legendary heroes, d-frag, divine gate, erased, neon Genesis evengelion, fate stay night, fate zero, fate stay night unlimited blade works, fullmetal alchemist, GATE, Gosick, guilty crown, haganai, hai to gensou no grimgar, henneko, Hunter x hunter, hyouka, infinite stratos, inou-battle, danmachi, kanon, kaze no stigma, konosuba, log horizon, mondaiji tachi, the seven deadly sins, no game no life, one punch man, oregairu, oreimo, outbreak company, persona 4, phantasy star online 2, plastic memories, rozen maiden, saenai heroine no sodatekata, saijaku muhai no bakamut, sakurasou, schwarzesmarken, seirei tsukai no blade dance, gakusen toshi asterisk, seraph of the end, attack on titan, sound euphonium, spice and wolf, steins gate, sword art online, the devil is a part timer, garden of sinners, mahouka koukou no rettousei, tonari no kaibutsu kun, toradora, Trinity seven, yamada kun and the seven witches, your lie (cry) in April, zero no tsukaima, re zero, anohana, chuunibyou, musaigen no phantom world, setokai yakuindomo, aria the scarlet ammo, bakemonogatari, future diary, kokoro connect, kiznaiver, macross frontier, madoka magika, zetsuzen to tempest, psycho pass, netoge no youme, boku no hero academia, sousei no onmyouji, sakamoto desu ga, k-on.

I am finding it hard to find anime that can live up to some of the better ones that I have watched, it would be appreciated if you can leave long running shows out (e.g. one piece, bleach and gintama) because of the sheer amount of episodes.

I'm gonna suggest the following

-Sunday Without God. (Not a religious anime in the least, don't be fooled by the title)

-Overlord. (Man get stuck in a fantasy world, is essentially the devil, I thought it was pretty damn good, apparently not many thought the same..)

-Kemono no Souja Erin. (The beginning is a bit slow.. then sh*t hits the fan)

-Concrete Revolutio (superpowers stuff, currently watching it, pretty good.)

... Seriously, you're making it hard to recommend good shows when you've already seen most of the ones that were even worth watching in the last couple years.

And really if you have a list like that, surely you have an anime-list's profile or something that you could've linked instead of pasting that long list.

Like this
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/TetraSky/anime/watched?sort=rating&order=desc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 hours ago, Taurus_Silver said:

I don't see:

Nichijou

Humanity has Declined

Mushishi

Trigun

Shinsekai Yuri

tonari no seki kun

Actually, I am

Those are some of my favorites as of now.

oh yeah, and sayonara zetsubou Sensei. that's one is great.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

After about a two to four month break from avidly watching anime, I just finished Kiznaiver and am now onto Baccano.

I losened on my "1 Episode Rule" and watched just about anything that was suggested into three episodes, and I think it burned me out. Now, I just follow Digibro's ruling in that if it does not interest me enough to hook for that second episode, it probably won't be all that enjoyable in the long run.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

7 hours ago, Crowes said:

Now, I just follow Digibro's ruling in that if it does not interest me enough to hook for that second episode, it probably won't be all that enjoyable in the long run.

Just use a 1-episode rule to sort the anime out into tiers for later viewing (on a "rainy day" kind of basis). Digi's not quite right that one episode is enough, as even for a mediocre product, it's very easy to warm up to it when it's inoffensive. For instance, I would have never bothered with Jitsu wa Watashi wa, Working, and a lot of other anime if I followed his rule. It's not that shows "get better", it's that they don't always show you all of their potential in just one episode. Their first episodes were mediocre, but after sticking with the shows for a little longer, I found more than enough to justify the watch. And lots of shows are equally awful after a relatively somewhat promising first episode, like Campione or Overlord.

On 6/27/2016 at 10:53 PM, Technicolors said:

100 usd. 

not really the problem with the pads (already changed them). i'm looking for headphones that have the ellipse shape, like the hd 518/558s 

Welp those seem to be one of the few ones that have that type of shape in that price range, that I have personally tried and would feel safe to recommend. 

48 minutes ago, Ellen_orangecloud said:

Who watched the Live Airing of Love Live! Sunshine!! ? 
It seems like

Hide contents

is taking Kotori's place as a Kotobomber. 

Hide contents

You

Nope, haven't watched a single episode of that series.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Digi's not quite right that one episode is enough, as even for a mediocre product, it's very easy to warm up to it when it's inoffensive.

In fairness, he didn't say it was absolute, he said it's been the case in his experience. 

I have to admit that many of the shows i've really enjoyed have struggled to keep me hooked, or more importantly, haven't hooked me in the first episode. Saying this, unless someone can highly recommend it to me, what is the real harm in sticking to the rule? Do I get the best of the best (subjectively, of course), or is it more that I miss out on some really great series'?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono