Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Then you must do the snow dance.

drizzy.gif

damnit drake isnt here to snow dance for me 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Was Birdy always fan-servicey? I don't think it was..

These posters on Plex are kinda risque

Fanservicey? Not really. She wears a leotard-esque outfit, but it's rare that there's really anything actually fanservicey IIRC.

damnit drake isnt here to snow dance for me 

Then do the Drake Summoning Dance. 

NaturalSmartConure-size_restricted.gif

Then do the Drake Summoning Dance. 

NaturalSmartConure-size_restricted.gif

only summoning i know ;-; 

post-121932-0-98729200-1453347154.gif

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Fanservicey? Not really. She wears a leotard-esque outfit, but it's rare that there's really anything actually fanservicey IIRC.

it's been about long enough that I can go back and rewatch that while I wait for new things to come out.

Plex posters, for some reason, only seem to contain shots of her in some pose and a few soap sud-censored covers.

I don't even

like i'm pretty sure this wasn't that type of anime

Error: 410

it's been about long enough that I can go back and rewatch that while I wait for new things to come out.

Plex posters, for some reason, only seem to contain shots of her in some pose and a few soap sud-censored covers.

I don't even

like i'm pretty sure this wasn't that type of anime

I've been thinking the same thing. The problem is that season one of "Decode" is pretty meh, just decent at best, while season two is so damn good that I can't stand the thought of there being no season three :S

Honestly, people who can't get past Birdy's costume are often hypocrites who don't mind seeing highschool girl panty shots in other anime, but have a thing against an alien girl wearing a body suit... even if it's clearly not even clothing, but some sort of armor/hologram/etc. I found it funny that she plays an idol for her human cover, since THAT is the most fanservicey the show really got.

Tried some wine today. Guess my uncultured pleb-ness runs deep because I thought it tasted awful. Like, never want to drink another glass awful. Then again I may just be weird, because I hate beer too.

@helping @BashZeStampeedo

Reminded me that I have that show in my backlog (just got pushed closed to the front) and I remembered that there was a manga of it. So I go looking for the Manga to download. It only has 2/3 of the chapters translated and hasn't been updated in a year. Q.Q looks like all I've got is the anime for now.

These are some of the few moments I wish I knew Japanese, the others being when games aren't brought to the US or take forever to get here.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Well, not as much time for anime/manga tonight, but at least I managed to drop a couple of shows, which should let me focus more next week.

Dimension W (2). so-so.

Well now, isn't this a lazy script so far? It's very coincidence-driven, stuff just happens to push the plot along, there's lots of exposition, people jump to conclusions and make bizarre cartoony decisions, and top it all off the anime is actively trying to avoid showing any substantial consequences for the weirder bits that happen, all in the name of "mystery" (ie, it's holding its cards too close to its chest). And what was with that transparency-grid background behind "Loser" when he made his flashy entrance? Did someone just forget to put the real background in those shots and they cheaped out? So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in Dimension W so far. I wasn't expecting too much after episode one, but it really isn't aiming very high at all. It has the tone of a teenager's anime, yet tries to mask that by having characters who look like they're adults. The characterization is flat and shallow, and the over-arching plot feels really weak and video-gamey. Heck, the robot girl even has convenient nekomimi-style ears, because how else are they going to make her interesting? Oh well, at least they have a dude dancing in the OP for no reason, amirite. Time to lower my expectations again...

KonoSuba (2). so-so.

Soo.. the party thickens, and their misadventures continue. That's about it. I can't bring myself to hate this show, but that's really only because it does so little that I can't say much about it. My comments from the last episode basically still stand: it's mildly amusing but lingers on jokes a bit too long, the character dynamics are fun enough but nothing special, and there's little else about it that stands out in any way otherwise. That is, at this rate it's fine as a diversion but nothing I'll remember once it's over. The ED is probably the best thing about this anime so far, though it's always nice to see people get their comeuppance, even if it's in the mouth of a giant frog.

Teekyuu 7 (1). decent.

Heh. This was surprisingly entertaining for such a dumb premise. Gotta love their passion for getting to the nationals.

Teekyuu 7 (2). mediocre.

This ep felt really phoned in compared to the previous one. In fact I'd go as far as to call it "ass", but then I'd feel lame as well.

Sushi Police (3). awkward.

I honestly have no idea what to think of this show after this episode. I'm can only guess that it's meant to be a winking parody of Japanese xenophobia. But what's clear is that I'm just not in the niche it's targeting, since it's not really doing much for me. Oh well, it happens.

Haruchika (3). so-so.

It seems like they've settled into a silly little rut of introducing new cast members with semi-tragic pasts; dead little brothers, and now kids with adoption issues. The problem is that this series wants to be too many things, including a comedy, and none of it has really clicked with me as of this episode. I do like Chika's character more than I expected I would, but not enough to counteract the obnoxious plot device that is Haruta. Seriously, the guy is a major busybody, and has obviously read the script in advance or something, because he's damn near prescient. That doesn't make for good drama. It makes this another Beautiful Bones, like I was saying in my episode 2 review. I wouldn't mind if the show was merely a comedy or parody, but to try to shovel in drama that's wrapped up in such a tidy bow is kinda rich. Not to mention that they want me to take it fairly seriously. That's just asking for too much from me as a viewer, and I think I've had enough for now.

Reminded me that I have that show in my backlog (just got pushed closed to the front) and I remembered that there was a manga of it. So I go

The manga is quite different (remember, there's an older Birdy manga with its own older OVA, and "Decode" is its own thing, with a manga that's a fair bit different than even its anime). Problem is, Decode's manga hasn't been fully-translated/scanlated yet, as far as I'm aware.

-snip-

The manga is quite different (remember, there's an older Birdy manga with its own older OVA, and "Decode" is it's own thing, with a manga that's a fair bit different). Problem is, Decode's manga hasn't been fully-translated/scanlated yet, as far as I'm aware.

The manga that Decode was adapted from is the one I'm talking about. :P

The manga for Decode is different than the anime? I'll just enjoy the anime now then.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Tried some wine today. Guess my uncultured pleb-ness runs deep because I thought it tasted awful. Like, never want to drink another glass awful. Then again I may just be weird, because I hate beer too.

@helping @BashZeStampeedo

Reminded me that I have that show in my backlog (just got pushed closed to the front) and I remembered that there was a manga of it. So I go looking for the Manga to download. It only has 2/3 of the chapters translated and hasn't been updated in a year. Q.Q looks like all I've got is the anime for now.

These are some of the few moments I wish I knew Japanese, the others being when games aren't brought to the US or take forever to get here.

Decode was super fun, go ahead and go with the anime for now.

Wine and beer are pretty special. It varies a lot.

If you tried a really dry wine it's not really surprising that you didn't like the taste. Try something sweeter. I've never met someone that doesn't like alcohol, they just haven't yet found what they like.

Saying you don't like them is like drinking Ginger Ale and saying you hate the taste of all soda. A lot of people jump immediately to that.

I can tolerate straight warm whiskey and cognac, but Vodka ends up burning my throat and Blue Moon is the single worst beer I've ever tasted in my life. Seriously tried to finish one, had to give it away. Tasted gross.

Things like white wines and cider a really hard to not like.

Mixed liquors like fireball, kahlua, and bailey's can be mixed to basically soft drink and dessert drink.

Angry Orchards is probably my favorite bottled drink. Go try cidars instead and start from there. Stick to craft beers, they're much better.

@BashZeStampeedo wait, was the TV broadcast 720p?

I somehow have 720p S1 and 576 S2

DVD is 576 only right?

doesn't help that it's kinda hard to find them now.

I would prefer not to squint my eyes to add my own anti-aliasing, and a lot of the versions I find are dual fucking audio.

really annoying having to switch settings every.single.time.

The manga for Decode is different than the anime? I'll just enjoy the anime now then.

As I mentioned to helping, season one is nothing terribly special (it has a couple moments, though). Season two is where a lot of people suddenly went "wow, this is great", especially with the kinetic animation style and how visceral it felt. Try to find the DVD version though; the original broadcast TV version in Japan wasn't completely finished animation-wise, and some people really don't like it when the animation is left as geometric shapes and the like, even if it's supposed to be a raw, emotional scene.

Decode was super fun, go ahead and go with the anime for now.

Wine and beer are pretty special. It varies a lot.

If you tried a really dry wine it's not really surprising that you didn't like the taste. Try something sweeter. I've never met someone that doesn't like alcohol, they just haven't yet found what they like.

Saying you don't like them is like drinking Ginger Ale and saying you hate the taste of all soda. A lot of people jump immediately to that.

I can tolerate straight warm whiskey and cognac, but Vodka ends up burning my throat and Blue River is the single worst beer I've ever tasted in my life. Seriously tried to finish one, had to give it away. Tasted gross.

Things like white wines and cider a really hard to not like.

Mixed liquors like fireball, kahlua, and bailey's can be mixed to basically soft drink and dessert drink.

Angry Orchards is probably my favorite bottled drink. Go try cidars instead and start from there.

Hmmm, if you can get your hands on the sinners series ale from Denmark I recommend them. Although I'm sure you'll dislike "gluttony" :)

I like pride and lust the most.

.... Yes each are named after a sin lol.

ok... retired heap gaming pc is back up and running with a shitty 2.5in 320gb laptop drive lol what should i do with it guys?
was thinking about a server of some sort but idk how and what type of server.

Was thinking something along the lines of freenas so i can setup a torrent machine or media server.

damn this pc is loud lol new pc makes this one sound like a leaf blower

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Holy shit guys. I can't believe I never thought of this. Yugioh. On a VR headset.

Seriously, it's like it's been waiting for VR to come along all this time. Just imagine it. You play a card, and see it placed on the field and a monster pop out of it, like the TV show. I would play the hell out of that.

Holy shit guys. I can't believe I never thought of this. Yugioh. On a VR headset.

Seriously, it's like it's been waiting for VR to come along all this time. Just imagine it. You play a card, and see it placed on the field and a monster pop out of it, like the TV show. I would play the hell out of that.

ya but why not something good like magic the gathering....

If any of you are looking for something to watch, I've got a show that is just straight-up brilliant. I was way too late getting to this one, and I regret it.

27906.jpg

Kazuya Kujo has been studying abroad at the prestigious Saint Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. Kazuya ignores most of them but the story of the Queen Berry, a mysterious ghost ship, really gets to him.

Of course, his brainy friend Victorique is much more intrigued by true stories, and she uses her unrivaled logic to solve mysteries even the town's famous detective can't. Ironically, it is Victorique's inquisitive nature that leads the duo to board a ship that matches the Queen Berry's description to a tee, a ship that might just hold the key to solving a sinister mystery...

There's one reason why I so highly recommend it: the show is about how this girl has some inhuman ability to deduce things based on sole peices of evidence (of which she calls "fragments of chaos"), and find out exactly what happened over the ghost or conspiracy theory that covers it up. Throughout the show, there are several mysteries she uncovers, but the actual core storyline is one that you'll inevitably end up peicing together yourself as clues are given to you in each episode.

And.. that ending is just sublime. There's no stereotypical romance elements, but the of what little romance there is in this show, it's created through the build up and it'll hit you like a rock.

8mVAzWc.jpg

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

There's one reason why I so highly recommend it: the show is about VICTORIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And.. that ending is just sublime.

might as well go watch Un-Go instead

it's the less annoying version

can't comment on how entertaining

ok... retired heap gaming pc is back up and running with a shitty 2.5in 320gb laptop drive lol what should i do with it guys?

was thinking about a server of some sort but idk how and what type of server.

Was thinking something along the lines of freenas so i can setup a torrent machine or media server.

damn this pc is loud lol new pc makes this one sound like a leaf blower

HTPC or upgrade the CPU and use it as a Plex server

6300 should be able to handle at least one client, but for more you'll need to upgrade it.

I have mine working as a nas/torrent machine/Plex server.

Drop torrent files, downloads pop out.

No hard drives in my machine, all bulk storage is through that PC.

It's pretty nice to have.

ya but why not something good like magic the gathering....

I was just giving one that I was familiar with. I never played Magic the Gathering but I'm sure all games of that type could benefit greatly from VR.

VICTORIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Literally my only complaint was cringey Kazuya, and how Victorique couldn't decide if she was tsundere or yandere.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

There were some cool demos with this that tek syndicate covered. I think it might have been at pax or something. They weren't using VR though it was AR. It was in an early stage but the idea was that you could play something like that or D&D with a few people standing around a table and having the D&D characters or yugiohs appear on the table in real time. The other idea was to have an online version where everyone would see the same thing on their table but are in totally different locations. It was pretty cool.

~gosick~

Yeah I just can't.

I don't know how I made it through because like helping said it was god damn annoying. And the romance was so shallow.

I think there was like one mystery that I enjoyed. The rest were pretty pointless because you as the viewer couldn't possibly solve them. They were able to justify this by having a loli smoke a pipe and have the mysteries of the universe unravel before her. Actually its pretty much how I wrote most of my papers in english.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.