Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

episode 14 of mirai nikki

kill me

please

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

episode 14 of mirai nikki

kill me

please

Why?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why?

main protagonists name is always yuki

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Welp got my processor.

Can't do shit with it.

d080dc4312bb50068af7b13d1b2ffd24.png

my pc retard cousin got this for 140$, a 390 for 300$, 250gb evo for 60$

but he didn't really feel like he saved that much

absolutely livid

texted him back to stfu

Error: 410

absolutely livid

texted him back to stfu

Yeah I'm a scrub and got a MSI GTX 970, cuz the place only had an XFX 390, ewww XFX GPUs. 

Somewhat overwhelmed at the moment with the latest shipment. 

https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/SjXmL2kprcZdfvwt1rYP4UhGUOYvTlrL/IMAG0092.jpg

you know what pisses me off more then the stupidity of protagonists. Animes where they try to justify the antagonists actions, oh boo-hoo your nipple fell off when you were five, boo-hoo your father called you a troglodyte. Get your damn act together and stop killing people or do the world a favourite and end your miserable pathetic excuse for a life

Robbing antagonists of a motivation is the worst thing you can do unless you're making a show for babies or a comedy. If a show is so shitty they try to treat such a motivation as sincere, then it won't matter if they just drop the motivation at all, it'll still be shit.

That's because realistic guns and gun use don't work in action series. I real one on one gun fight no matter what skill gets someone killed killed, mortally wounded, or maimed in under 30 seconds almost always...(extended gun fights would have serious issues with reloading)

Swords in real life war and not sparring fall under the same issue

Guns work just fine in action shows. Watch Django Unchained, for instance. Action scenes don't have to be 45-minute long spectacles. There is more meaning and tension in the build-up to a quick, brutal, visceral showdown than there is in all four Transformers movies. Anime just figure that going Hollywood and having idiots flail swords around is enough for audiences, and they're sadly probably right.

I prefer chivalry of a failed knight due to well written and compelling romance.

Well written and compelling romance? Why is this the first time I've heard that stated about that anime? How does it stack up to the romance in, say, Banner of the Stars or Spice and Wolf? I didn't see any hints of compelling romance in episode one, just a standard fanservice show. How many episodes in does it drastically improve the romance angle and writing?

absolutely livid

texted him back to stfu

When it comes to helping (get it?) family, you have to get stern and tell them they need to accept that this is how you do these things (i.e. buy and build PCs).

sigh I was hit with nostalgia again. Somehow, I remember finding a trove of 80's-90's music I very much enjoyed when I was 16-17 (probably wimp.com honestly).

I heard a song today that reminded me of another song I've heard. I can only remember what I see in my head when I hear it. I can't remember the song itself. How very sad.

I was hit doubly with nostalgia when I remembered another song I only heard once on Sirius XM Satellite Radio. Something about cities. At least I remembered that song:

Ugh. I just want to remember this song. Something about clear. And stone. And water. I know. Vague bs, but it's a 90's song I think. Puddle of Mudd keeps coming to mind, but it's not their song. I must've heard them around the same time (this would be in 2008-ish) when I heard them, but they were older songs at the time).

>.<

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Robbing antagonists of a motivation is the worst thing you can do unless you're making a show for babies or a comedy. If a show is so shitty they try to treat such a motivation as sincere, then it won't matter if they just drop the motivation at all, it'll still be shit.

Guns work just fine in action shows. Watch Django Unchained, for instance. Action scenes don't have to be 45-minute long spectacles. There is more meaning and tension in the build-up to a quick, brutal, visceral showdown than there is in all four Transformers movies. Anime just figure that going Hollywood and having idiots flail swords around is enough for audiences, and they're sadly probably right.

antagonists with no clear motivation are better then ones with a stupid and poorly written motivation imo. however neither are preferable. unfortunatley id be lying if i said i thought alot of anime achieved good motivation, (the writing of most anime just aint that great, especially once translated). and speaking of django, hateful eight is an even better example of build up of tension and then pay off. 

anime fans are unfortunately fans which means they will happily accept something that from a neutral position would be considered average. (how i am with sci fi). id love to see some mass appeal, broader spectrum anime to be made more frequently, the kind of stuff studio ghibli spits out that is liked even by non anime fans. Its great that anime has its own specific genres but i would love to see the art style and expression animation can bring to standard shows that would normally be live action. eg cowboy bebop allowing space to be used for the setting for what could be considered the equivalent of a action/drama put out by the bbc or something. 

Its a shame really that the reasons i like anime (visual expression potential of a story) are not the reasons its being made for, instead its steadily pandering more and more to things like moe and other anime tropes and alot of shows are being made where the focus is checking off all the trope boxes and the only reasons its anime is so anime fans watch it. basically this is a bit of a rant of how the use of the visual medium of animation is being put on the back seat alot of time's.

Well I'm ashamed to say that I just played Shovel Knight for the first time.

Game is fantastic, Soundtrack is glorious, Artwork is amazing.

This is something that warrants me buying it a second time but as a physical copy instead. And I'm saying this after playing only an hour.

Well time to go pick up my limited edition copy of Trails of Cold Steel.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Um wtf my internet.... can anyone explain?

9d4f7ccbdddc67c7abc79577c73784fb.png72ca808aaa1da73844081f6ce62ede2f.png

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Um wtf my internet.... can anyone explain?

Try changing your download region. The servers might be overloaded.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

anime fans are unfortunately fans which means they will happily accept something that from a neutral position would be considered average.

Ultimately it's just a chicken-and-egg problem; the studios make anime that sells discs and merch in Japan, even if sales are declining. Right now that means mostly fanservice and "average" light novel and J-drama-lite stuff. So they take fewer chances, fewer people other than the target demographic care about anime, and even those fans slowly die down over time. In the meantime, outside of Japan there is a huge potential market they're ignoring because... well, presumably because they don't care about making money as much as they claim they do. It's not like Western fans are really asking for Western shows, just more engaging and varied ones.

So it's a downward spiral, basically, to the point that even outside of Japan, fans are slowly going to start dwindling. We've probably already hit peak interest in these kinds of anime internationally, and Western cartoons have only been improving over the past couple of decades, so sadly anime might just end up making itself irrelevant at this rate. Thankfully there are still a few efforts being made here and there, especially in their indie-scene and with some Western companies like NetFlix trying to make their own anime, but we'll see if that amounts to anything more than a few niche shows nobody really watches, or a boom that rejuvenates things.

BF4 community is pretty dedicated. I wonder how much time it took them to complete it all of this.
TL;DR They had to find hidden things on maps, look for clues, solve riddles and similar stuff to unlock a dice employee only skin.  

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

On Facebook:

"Both classes with an A and a 4.0 GPA.. Whose a smart cookie" ... HMMMMMMMM

I didn't see any hints of compelling romance in episode one, just a standard fanservice show.

What makes you think of it as a "standard" fanservice show?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

What makes you think of it as a "standard" fanservice show?

how is it not a standard fanservice show?

I could throw a book at you, but I'd rather see what you'll say because it's quite literally paragraphs less work if you would answer the inverse of your question instead.

i haven't been watching anime at all recently (other than OPM). so i decided on carnival phantasm. and i'm glad i did. that was some seriously funny stuff. pretty adorable too, especially the OP. but damn, was i depressed once it ended.. i need more!

anything watched sakurako? i've thought about checking it out but i never got around it 

Alright so I picked up this:

X0YFzDS.jpg

Its the first time in a while where I was quick enough to nab a copy before it was sold out.

I would say its quite nice. The box has room for to include the sequel when it comes out and will look quite nice on my shelf.

Have only glanced through the artbook because it says right on the first page that it will probably have spoilers. From what I glanced over though its 140 pages of really nice stuff.

I've got stuff to do now but I might start it later tonight.

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/GEj8B

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

how is it not a standard fanservice show?

I could throw a book at you, but I'd rather see what you'll say because it's quite literally paragraphs less work if you would answer the inverse of your question instead.

Maybe I asked the wrong question. What is it that makes up a standard fanservice show?

When I think of an anime that's a supposed "standard fanservice show", I think of one that primarily uses sexual content for its main draw. If you've seen even half way through the Chivalry anime, you'll know that's not the case. It of course consists of sexual content to an unnecessary degree, but not one that overshadows the rest of it. Romance, action and comedy are clearly the forefront of the anime. Sexual content, being something that's considered as a more guilty pleasure, is frequently shunned because of the guilty stigma we put on it. However, you would have to blatantly ignore the vast majority of the anime to be able to call it a fanservice show, assuming of course I'm not misunderstanding what you're meaning through saying it's a fanservice show. Generalizing is an easy thing to do, but like saying "oh this anime's cool (or bad for that matter)", it doesn't provide much non-biased information.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Try changing your download region. The servers might be overloaded.

That helped.

ae8aa85ac33b98121897f881fa3a1675.png621a0ea3e77d01290c1ec80a3f3b3a9f.png

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Omg I'm becoming more and more of a Noragami fan! Started reading the manga where the anime left off and already caught up as well! Now need to wait for the next chapter to come out :(

Yato the best!!!!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

sigh I was hit with nostalgia again.

sigh. Know that feel. Am still getting hit with nostalgia for 2 months ago.

My top two played games are Beat Hazard and Call of Duty 4.

CoD4 is flat out broken. No work, absolutely no-go. Multiplayer doesn't launch at all after clean wipe and reinstall.

Darksiders 2 feels cheesy as heck. Talos levels are exhausting with how complex they're becoming, SOMA is giving me heart attacks, and I'm struggling my ass off against the spider boss lady in Undertale.

sym linking doesn't work across networked storage. It needs to be local, meaning I can't play Beat Hazard either.

I can't watch these chinese cartoons without falling asleep and my archives keep shrinking because I have to keep deleting things that suck and can find very few things that are good. Almost everything new besides OPM is sucking so much wang not even Listerine can save.

I'm so tired of being productive

4YECTbD.jpg?1

@KRImSIN that's an issue with your internet extortionist service provider. I was hitting 11mb consistently today.

i haven't been watching anime at all recently (other than OPM). so i decided on carnival phantasm. and i'm glad i did. that was some seriously funny stuff. pretty adorable too, especially the OP. but damn, was i depressed once it ended.. i need more!

anything watched sakurako? i've thought about checking it out but i never got around it 

i've asked this question twice, and the lack of responses is indicative of the enthusiasm

overall the verdict i've been seeing is that it's lackluster and perhaps on the lower end of average

I remember @BashZeStampeedo saying something about it a while back.

Maybe I asked the wrong question. What is it that makes up a standard fanservice show?

When I think of an anime that's a supposed "standard fanservice show", I think of one that primarily uses sexual content for its main draw. If you've seen even half way through the Chivalry anime, you'll know that's not the case. It of course consists of sexual content to an unnecessary degree, but not one that overshadows the rest of it. Romance, action and comedy are clearly the forefront of the anime. Sexual content, being something that's considered as a more guilty pleasure, is frequently shunned because of the guilty stigma we put on it. However, you would have to blatantly ignore the vast majority of the anime to be able to call it a fanservice show, assuming of course I'm not misunderstanding what you're meaning through saying it's a fanservice show. Generalizing is an easy thing to do, but like saying "oh this anime's cool (or bad for that matter)", it doesn't provide much non-biased information.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but what he means (and what I understood) is that it's a standard shounen (with fan-service) anime, but not necessarily fan service driven like that to love ru drivel. It seems like you might be stuck on the fact he called it a fanservice show (which is correct) but the definitions vary by person.

it's basic in every sense of the word. Basic AF.

From what I can recall it has some typical fan-service as well as the usual feel-good "imagination masturbation"  saving the ladies, dunking bad guys, kicking ass and taking ass, socially-retarded heart of gold morally pure imbued with justice and mystical special powers and the strength of spirit to overcome all difficulties. Pretty cool guy, eh kills the opponents and doesn't afraid of anything.

It's very hard to specifically describe something general, as you often need to cite (many) specific aspects.

Just watch 10 other ecchi shounen tournament fightin' anime. It really doesn't stand out (aside from the anime taking the liberty of picking best girl on your behalf)

Also if this anime is romance then the bar is set ABYSMALLY low to be called romance. It's as romantic as Nichijou is mathematical since it happens to take place in a classroom. I wouldn't call it comedy either, it's not funny. It drops comedy and romance in favor of the standard shounen (with fan-service) story design.

I say this unironically and with a straight face-- keep in mind I may or may not be mixing up small aspects of this anime with asterisk, but the same applies either way.

What's wrong with xfx?

they're pretty good now, but have had a super spotty track record.

at least on AMD they're the next best thing to Sapphire as long as you stay away from their "Core" line.

Almost no one protects their head usually though...

But the head is very hard to hit as its constantly moving even minutely while at the same time the body can be completely still. I mean there are plenty of reasons not to shoot for the head... Even snipers generally don't.

Yep. Skallagrim has a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tFOJFyTl1U

That was a pretty decent anime actually.

Info on new berserk anime coming on Christmas day.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES!!!!

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE WAITED FOR THIS!?!!?!?!?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

>no sym linking across network storage

>ISP's suck

>XFX's spotty track record

lies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link#Windows_symbolic_link

Windows Vista and later support symbolic links for both files and directories with the command line utility mklink. Unlike junction points, a symbolic link can also point to a file or remote Server Message Block (SMB) network path. 

In other words, "mklink C:\games \\192.168.1.250\games" is a valid symbolic link bb.

Edit: 

mklink "C:\games" "\\192.168.1.250\games" /D

Forgot the /D to designate it's a directory (required by Windows).

/edit

I got my call today from Grande Communications. I'm getting the 400 Mb/s down and 20 Mb/s up package. They are bringing Gigabit to this area within 6 months (aiming for 4 months) from now. 

... am much excite.

I questioned XFX's quality as a vendor when I went to their website to register my 290X. It was in Broken English. A website. I mean really. Top of my list when it comes to "off-putting".

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.