Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Has anyone read the original Code Geass Manga? If so, does it have Knightmares? Or naw? Everything I've looked at (wiki, among other things) only ever mentions Knightmares in regards to the anime. Not once are they referenced regarding the manga (or light novel, or wtv it originally was). 

I've heard they were only added to the anime and I don't have the time or care to find the original source material to find out. I imagine someone here has read it. 

Steam Winter Sale is go. 

>discovery queue to get cards

>ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If this is the only "cool thing" for this sale, I will be very disapoint. 

I'll be hoarding cards to make badges later in the sale. If anyone doesn't want their cards or to sell them, I want them.

I try to only make badges during a sale because you get a Sale Card (i.e. right now, the Mystery Card), so you get more for making badges.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3xuz8p/steam_winter_sale_2015_day_1/

oh now that sounds interesting... code geass with out mecha?

It sounds very plausible. It has mechs but they don't actually seem to be that big of a focus and are more of a tool to the plot than being the actual plot itself.

Actually shared the sentiment with a friend a while ago about how they pulled that off; was like "oh yeah this anime was a mecha, forgot about them"

also steam sale right now seems pretty lame..

They abandoned the "new day new sale" thing, I think? I assume the only new things will be flash sales.

It's really over-the-top, but if you can get behind the lead character's mischief and not be turned off by that over-the-topness, then it should be enjoyable. Also hope you don't mind seeing Pizza Hut ads in your anime.

I'd say that's a good thing. The only thing that got annoying was the rampant power creep of the machines in it and the "destroy all the things" missiles. Microwave hand got absurd near the end too. Sunrise really does love the Shining Finger.

It's one of the VERY few anime that can build and maintain rolling momentum well. The closest analogue that comes to mind is Breaking Bad for how well they did that.

Error: 410

oh now that sounds interesting... code geass with out mecha?

Turns out I missed the main actual Wiki article.

TL;DR: Code Geass was an anime first. There are 4 manga which are each alternate storylines to the series. One of which is in Medieval times and involves "summoning" the Knightmares (like Final Fantasy sorta) instead of piloting them.

I was told wrong or I misinterpreted it I guess.

@helping read above regarding Code Geass.

Also, they aren't doing the New Day New Sales thing because Valve counts a sale as a valid reason for a refund. 

i.e. I buy CoD4, then it goes on Flash Sale the next day. It's fine for me to refund it and rebuy it back. 

y would Valve do that to themselves? So much extra work every day. i.e. no more flash sales. Just one big long sale with different items highlighted each day (but not changed in price/sale discount, just attention brought to them).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Lol its how a sale should be.

The other junk was only interesting if you weren't planning on buying anything. Which is me this time.

Bought too many games at gog.

its just a sale like the last one it loses its gamification that has made steam sales fun and appealing to people lol

I guess that this is all a result of steam now doing refunds making doing different degrees of sale more of a problem then it was before since people will just demand a refund and buy the cheaper one again.

Yes, and lol

Omg yesterday i was trying to make a webm of cox n crendor

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

its just a sale like the last one it loses its gamification that has made steam sales fun and appealing to people lol

I guess that this is all a result of steam now doing refunds making doing different degrees of sale more of a problem then it was before since people will just demand a refund and buy the cheaper one again.

Well they went from cool things like free games and dlc to totally pointless game that only got you trading cards. And the trading cards pretty much only benefit valve because they take their cut and you spend your cut on their store if you sell them. If you don't sell them and use them to craft a badge you gain nothing and valve gains nothing beyond you spending more time on their service.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

i.e. I buy CoD4

pls stop punching my heart like this

also Quake Live demo video was well done ($2 on sale ATM) (Ignore this, don't buy it)

Really nice song they put in it.

This vidya

I would totally buy this but I feel like 10 hours of getting my butthole stretched by EVERYONE else that knows how to play the game is going to suck. Seems super hard to get in to now.

@Vitalius are you on latest W10 updates?

Well they went from cool things like free games and dlc to totally pointless game that only got you trading cards. And the trading cards pretty much only benefit valve because they take their cut and you spend your cut on their store if you sell them. If you don't sell them and use them to craft a badge you gain nothing and valve gains nothing beyond you spending more time on their service.

If you craft badges, you get XP.

If you get XP, you gain levels.

If you gain levels, you get higher chances for random booster pack rewards.

If you get more random booster pack rewards, you get more cards.

If you get more cards, you can craft more badges.

Repeat ad nauseam. End game is having a super high level so you get booster packs a lot. Then you sell those cards and buy games with the money. I bet a super high level results in a pretty decent cash flow.

If you craft badges, you get backgrounds & emotes.

If you sell backgrounds & emotes, you can buy games.

If you forge backgrounds & emotes into gems, you can make booster packs.

Repeat from "moar levels" above.

pls stop punching my heart like this

Get lucky son >cod4 works flawlessly without effort on windows 10 for no reason for me.

@helping

I was at the time. Let's find out. >reboots into Win10 and updates and starts CoD4

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ya but you still have to spend the time(and well money) on getting the cards for the badges.

It takes you a long time to actually benefit from it and the whole time valve is just rolling in the dough on their cut of all community sales.

I did the badge thing for a bit but its not my lifestyle anymore man.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

I'd say that's a good thing. The only thing that got annoying was the rampant power creep of the machines in it and the "destroy all the things" missiles. Microwave hand got absurd near the end too. Sunrise really does love the Shining Finger.

It's one of the VERY few anime that can build and maintain rolling momentum well. The closest analogue that comes to mind is Breaking Bad for how well they did that.

I don't think it's anywhere near as good as some people give it credit for, but it's fun enough if you can get into it. It's definitely not on the same level as Fullmetal Alchemist, despite your claim :) It's more the Haruhi of mecha. Its charm lies with its twisted main character and the fact that they can somehow manage to keep you interested in the total BS that's going on, at least for a season, and if you give it a chance. Season two is definitely off the rails though, and if it didn't at least have a decent ending it would have lost a lot of fans. The franchise is almost like a combination of Gurren Lagann and Death Note, but with all the good AND bad potential that entails.

It sounds very plausible. It has mechs but they don't actually seem to be that big of a focus and are more of a tool to the plot than being the actual plot itself.

Actually shared the sentiment with a friend a while ago about how they pulled that off; was like "oh yeah this anime was a mecha, forgot about them"

I agree it but they were a main part of the story without them I wonder what they would do. would they have just been tanks and airplanes or better yet would be all hand to hand combat without anything to replace them.

Turns out I missed the main actual Wiki article.

TL;DR: Code Geass was an anime first. There are 4 manga which are each alternate storylines to the series. One of which is in Medieval times and involves "summoning" the Knightmares (like Final Fantasy sorta) instead of piloting them.

I was told wrong or I misinterpreted it I guess.

@helping read above regarding Code Geass.

Also, they aren't doing the New Day New Sales thing because Valve counts a sale as a valid reason for a refund. 

i.e. I buy CoD4, then it goes on Flash Sale the next day. It's fine for me to refund it and rebuy it back. 

y would Valve do that to themselves? So much extra work every day. i.e. no more flash sales. Just one big long sale with different items highlighted each day (but not changed in price/sale discount, just attention brought to them).

:(

anyways I think they only did the refund because of legal issues in the eu with refund laws so that is probably also part of it and not just steam being nice.

to be fair I have bought a few games just for selling steam trading cards during the sales but since the sales changed they the cards don't seem to have the value they did in past sales based on when I got my card its value was only 13 cents where in past sales I could sell my first card for $.5-$1 if I was fast enough.

If you craft badges, you get XP.

If you get XP, you gain levels.

If you gain levels, you get higher chances for random booster pack rewards.

If you get more random booster pack rewards, you get more cards.

If you get more cards, you can craft more badges.

Repeat ad nauseam. End game is having a super high level so you get booster packs a lot. Then you sell those cards and buy games with the money. I bet a super high level results in a pretty decent cash flow.

Get lucky son >cod4 works flawlessly without effort on windows 10 for no reason for me.

so you are saying an endless point less system? sounds shitty to me. You have the highest steam level I know of and most people I have known form steam for years have a 0-20 level so it seems to be a rather pointless level system that no one even tries to really use. I have been a member of steam since 9/21/2003 so 9 days after steam came out and I'm only level 18 based on their pointless level system

Ya but you still have to spend the time(and well money) on getting the cards for the badges.

It takes you a long time to actually benefit from it and the whole time valve is just rolling in the dough on their cut of all community sales.

I did the badge thing for a bit but its not my lifestyle anymore man.

>play the video games you have

>be an active part of steam sales

>only make badges & buy games during sales

You'd be surprised how far you can get just by doing those things. 

Cool. I'm level 81. I'd be like level 50 if I hadn't spent any money (remember levels are exponential as each new level requires moar XP) and that's over 2 years. That increases my chances of getting a booster pack by around 40-60%. I consider that significant. 

Doing it as a passive thing is feasible imo.

@helping CoD4 is working fine. I'm fully updated.

@Charger

I never viewed it as "Steam being nice". Ofc it was because of the new laws. And it's something the community has wanted for a whiiile.

Yep, things are changing. Those cards aren't worth as much anymore. Many times, the cards have only been worth a lot when used in a game. No game = no value to the cards beyond regular card value.

Essentially, yeah, only not really pointless. Only pointless if you don't care about what you get. Moar cards, moar profile customization, and the badges/backgrounds/emotes. It has a purpose. It's just a purpose many people will consider "pointless". 

Like $1,000 worth of Train Simulator DLC. Collectors be collecting. 

I would passively do it if I were you. Passively means just use what's available and free. Never pay for cards with your own money (only money from selling other things like Backgrounds/Emotes/Gems). Do the Steam Sale daily things for cards. Play vidya games that have trading cards. Etc. 

If you'd prefer to sell the cards for $$$, then I would just craft the badges and do that with the backgrounds/emotes. Less cards (from booster packs which you can use gems to get which you can turn backgrounds & emotes into), but maybe a balance you'd prefer.

I like levels. One of the prime reasons I like JRPGs (because they usually have levels and some have obscene amounts, i.e. Disgaea). 

Don't ask why. I don't know. but i luv mah levlin

† Christian Member †

I motherfucking did it... i made a webm 

(Right click > Open video in new tab)

http://webm.land/media/dKti.webm

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

WTF WHY IS THERE NO SOUND

Right Click > Open Video in New Tab

LTT Did something to Webm Support. Or Chrome did it. No more "Right Click > Show Controls" or "Right Click > Unmute".

y did they do dis?

† Christian Member †

LTT Did something to Webm Support. Or Chrome did it. No more "Right Click > Show Controls" or "Right Click > Unmute".

y did they do dis?

Im going to shank someone that took 3 hours to do...

Cpu:

Im going to shank someone that took 3 hours to do...

... wat

u should be able to do it with webm4retards in like 10 seconds (of clicking) then like 2-5 minutes of encoding.

Record it with OBS or some other screen recorder or download the original video from Youtube or what-have-you.

† Christian Member †

WTF WHY IS THERE NO SOUND

y did they do dis?

there's sound for me... idk

Fucking sad man

Both Q3A, Quake Live, Reflex, and Strike Vector are ALL dead or near dead.

Does nobody play adrenaline rush games anymore?

Quake and Reflex look like they'd be as cocaine as Strike Vector was but nobody plays the goddamn games

meanwhile sack of shit calladoody 16, fallout whatever, and starwers

@Vitalius lmao right? How did that take you 3 hours?

I take under a minute to import subtitles, hard encode them, optimize for animation, and optimize bitrate/res to meet <6MB.

Handbrake is always finished converting before I find and launch webM too, lol.

The only thing that takes long is the actual converting, and that's like... 5 minutes max?

@Vitalius not really, there are still a few promod servers floating around, you don't really need to join a community. Cod4 is still going really strong.

If only I could launch the fuckin thing

Fucking sad man

Both Q3A, Quake Live, Reflex, and Strike Vector are ALL dead or near dead.

Does nobody play adrenaline rush games anymore?

Quake and Reflex look like they'd be as cocaine as Strike Vector was but nobody plays the goddamn games

meanwhile sack of shit calladoody 16, fallout whatever, and starwers

look for a community

Thats what it was for CoD4 right? Promod and such?

† Christian Member †

>play the video games you have

>be an active part of steam sales

>only make badges & buy games during sales

You'd be surprised how far you can get just by doing those things. 

Cool. I'm level 81. I'd be like level 50 if I hadn't spent any money (remember levels are exponential as each new level requires moar XP) and that's over 2 years. That increases my chances of getting a booster pack by around 40-60%. I consider that significant. 

Doing it as a passive thing is feasible imo.

@helping CoD4 is working fine. I'm fully updated.

@Charger

I never viewed it as "Steam being nice". Ofc it was because of the new laws. And it's something the community has wanted for a whiiile.

Yep, things are changing. Those cards aren't worth as much anymore. Many times, the cards have only been worth a lot when used in a game. No game = no value to the cards beyond regular card value.

Essentially, yeah, only not really pointless. Only pointless if you don't care about what you get. Moar cards, moar profile customization, and the badges/backgrounds/emotes. It has a purpose. It's just a purpose many people will consider "pointless". 

Like $1,000 worth of Train Simulator DLC. Collectors be collecting. 

I would passively do it if I were you. Passively means just use what's available and free. Never pay for cards with your own money (only money from selling other things like Backgrounds/Emotes/Gems). Do the Steam Sale daily things for cards. Play vidya games that have trading cards. Etc. 

If you'd prefer to sell the cards for $$$, then I would just craft the badges and do that with the backgrounds/emotes. Less cards (from booster packs which you can use gems to get which you can turn backgrounds & emotes into), but maybe a balance you'd prefer.

I like levels. One of the prime reasons I like JRPGs (because they usually have levels and some have obscene amounts, i.e. Disgaea). 

Don't ask why. I don't know. but i luv mah levlin

even a guy I know that steam gauge says "13269.9 hours playing this selection, which includes 1270 items, is valued at $15166.57, and requires 3871.3 GB" is only level 61

even a guy I know that steam gauge says "13269.9 hours playing this selection, which includes 1270 items, is valued at $15166.57, and requires 3871.3 GB" is only level 61

>leaves games running for wtv reason

>buys stuff on steam sale at wtv% off when steam gauge uses current prices and not your actual purchase price

but does he actively focus on badges, trading cards, and leveling tho?

When I did buy trading cards, I intentionally looked for $/badge level ratios. i.e. cheapest set of cards for a badge and bought the cheapest of them all (hint: it's counter strike stuff).

min/max that shit and u make lots of progress.

http://www.steamtradematcher.com/

^easy way to find people to help you complete sets with cards you don't need/want or have multiple of.

There are tools out there.

† Christian Member †

>leaves games running for wtv reason

>buys stuff on steam sale at wtv% off when steam gauge uses current prices and not your actual purchase price

but does he actively focus on badges, trading cards, and leveling tho?

When I did buy trading cards, I intentionally looked for $/badge level ratios. i.e. cheapest set of cards for a badge and bought the cheapest of them all (hint: it's counter strike stuff).

min/max that shit and u make lots of progress.

http://www.steamtradematcher.com/

^easy way to find people to help you complete sets with cards you don't need/want or have multiple of.

There are tools out there.

clearly not to your level but he seems more interested in the games then the badges

6,903 Achievements

49 Perfect Games

48% Avg. Game Completion Rate

but only 83 badges

clearly not to your level but he seems more interested in the games then the badges

6,903 Achievements

49 Perfect Games

48% Avg. Game Completion Rate

but only 83 badges

Indeed.

>only 83 badges

Well there u go. I have 172. And those don't count levels. Many of mine are at max 5 level.

Plus Steam Sale badges can level infinitely. So there's that. Which is what gives Steam Sale Cards more value than a regular card. 

† Christian Member †

It's definitely not on the same level as Fullmetal Alchemist, despite your claim :)=

analogous but not necessarily qualitative. Much like how many people would push new people trying to join the cool kids "anime pro" club to FMA, CG is one of the better options as a starting point for someone that wanted something with mecha.

what else would you propose? I literally cannot think of something comparably good Y2k+ (sans Eureka, did not enjoy that one)

Recent offerings like Aldnoah and Valverape have been utter shit

there's also Aquarion which I hear is dreadful as well and I haven't so much as considered finding a stick to poke it with.

Indeed.

>only 83 badges

Well there u go. I have 172. And those don't count levels. Many of mine are at max 5 level.

Plus Steam Sale badges can level infinitely. So there's that.

well i just checked his inventory and he seems to have 1108 cards just sitting there lol so I would imagine he can up his level a decent amount if he wanted to lol

well i just checked his inventory and he seems to have 1108 cards just sitting there lol so I would imagine he can up his level a decent amount if he wanted to lol

Indeed.

Think he'd be interested in some trades? Or something?

† Christian Member †

Indeed.

Think he'd be interested in some trades? Or something?

lol no idea but after checking his badges I would say he does use them them since he has more level 5 badges then level 1 badges