Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

The fuck is this Sekai-Project.

I go on their website to buy Second Fault and its not there.

The first one is.

Same thing goes for World End Economica. The first one is there but the second one isn't.

Please don't make me buy this through steam. Valve doesn't need anymore of my money.

Before anyone says it, yes I know that I can probably just remove the steam.api or whatever such file and it will probably be DRM free.

But thats not the point. I still have to purchase the game through valve ( + revenue to valve) and I still have to download it through valves service which totally defeats the purpose of DRM free.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

@Vitalius. If it requires cuda. How are you able to use it?

I can't. :(

I'm looking into the generic upscaler now (NNEDI3) to see if I can use that.

@TheProfosist 

http://wiki.mikejung.biz/MadVR_Chroma_Upscaling

^MadVR upscaling using NNEDI3. What do you know of this, o wizard?

@wolfgang

In that wiki, and a few others, NNEDI3 is usable by all 3 GPU manufacturers (Intel, AMD, & Nvidia). So I assume I can use NNEDI3 to upscale individual images as well. Will look into it.

@CatCloud Yes, you can play region locked games. Whether it being PAL VS NTSC depends on the Display. The display *must* support 50hz or it won't work with PAL only games.

@KingCry That's what we are talking about. Putting custom firmware on a memory card so you can do stuff on a PS2.

It suits the game to a T. And "Setting Sail, Coming Home" is one of the best ending themes I've ever heard in a video game.

That's crying tier stuff for me. I love that game. I bought the OST. Best OST I've ever bought. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That's crying tier stuff for me. I love that game. I bought the OST. Best OST I've ever bought.

Agreed on the emotional response, though I've purchased a number of OSTs in my day and many have a special place in my rusty heart. Even Thomas Was Alone has at least one track that gives me the same response (also amplified greatly after having played the game). I'd be hard-pressed to rank them against one another :D

@Vitalius.

NNEDI3 is glorious.

Don't know if it itself will work on linux but the rest of madVR won't. Its built completely on DirectShow or some crap like that.

Its windows exclusive and literally the only reason windows even has a place on my disks.

@BashZeStampeedo

Thomas was alone was probably the best 4 hour game I've ever played. The story and music were so damn beautiful.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

but the real question is what soldering iron is it?

some cheap 30ish dollar soldering iron from lowes. but i found an old intel core 2 duo processor while looking for the iron.... still havent found it

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

@CatCloud Yes, you can play region locked games. Whether it being PAL VS NTSC depends on the Display. The display *must* support 50hz or it won't work with PAL only games.

@KingCry That's what we are talking about. Putting custom firmware on a memory card so you can do stuff on a PS2.

Well there is the hardmod route also which is the absolute cheapest and easiest way to do it imo then there is also swap magic but last I knew that works only on the fat ps2's

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

some cheap 30ish dollar soldering iron from lowes. but i found an old intel core 2 duo processor while looking for the iron.... still havent found it

I got my self a hakko fx 888 as well as some random weller and a trash brand one that I use for melting wax

Thomas was alone was probably the best 4 hour game I've ever played. The story and music were so damn beautiful.

The narration oozed charm as well.

I actually cried at the mid-point, even having guessed what they were building to. I think the simplicity of the game definitely worked in its favor. Critical Miss summed it up pretty well.

Mine drop to 4.6 then back up to 4.7.

Got to remember the 4 core multi is x45 so when the CPU is under a load on all the cores it will only run at a multi of x45

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I got my self a hakko fx 888 as well as some random weller and a trash brand one that I use for melting wax

im about to get all ghetto and hot glue them back together lol and pray it works, but i would seriously like to do it right though

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

The narration oozed charm as well.

I actually cried at the mid-point, even having guessed what they were building to. I think the simplicity of the game definitely worked in its favor. Critical Miss summed it up pretty well.

Its all coming back. I think I need to go play it again.

And yep that is spot on. Just goes to show that you don't need flashy graphics and all that jazz to tell a great story and make an enjoyable game.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just goes to show that you don't need flashy graphics and all that jazz to tell a great story and make an enjoyable game.

If anything, modern non-AAA games are offering us so many nice titles in recent years that it's very reassuring to people like me, who only have time for something like Undertale on their vacations, can find something special. I'd become so jaded since the tail end of the PS2 era that I never would have expected stuff like Thomas Was Alone, Journey, Stanley Parable, Bastion, Braid, Super Hexagon, Shovel Knight and so on to come around to challenge my perceptions of games (and sometimes even my old-fashioned skills).

So watch should I watch from this list or at least in an order

He is My Master
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
Sora wo miageru shouko no hitomi ni utsuru sekai
Ghastly Prince Enma
Kikoushi Enma
Sola
Inukami
Uragiri wa boku no namae wo shitteiru
Kowarekake no orgel
Time of Shura
Haiyore Nyaruko-san

da15ff7474.png

|King Of The Lost|

@KingCry , i think i lucked out on this cpou , boots into windows at 4.6ghz 1.24v no prob 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

da15ff7474.png

16GB OF RAM!!!!! looks like games will need more then 8GB soon so it looks like i will be getting 16GB of ram

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

@KingCry , i think i lucked out on this cpou , boots into windows at 4.6ghz 1.24v no prob 

its so far average 4.7 -4.8 seems to be the 4790k's limit

|King Of The Lost|

its so far average 4.7 -4.8 seems to be the 4790k's limit

well this is matching my daily from the 4690k so i know im getting a performance boost :P not bad imo 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

If anything, modern non-AAA games are offering us so many nice titles in recent years that it's very reassuring to people like me, who only have time for something like Undertale on their vacations, can find something special. I'd become so jaded since the tail end of the PS2 era that I never would have expected stuff like Thomas Was Alone, Journey, Stanley Parable, Bastion, Braid, Super Hexagon, Shovel Knight and so on to come around to challenge my perceptions of games (and sometimes even my old-fashioned skills).

Also thing about these games is not only are they good but also they reach out to so many platforms from the get go.

There is none this crap about "Oh it won't be profitable for us to release it on anything other then this one specific platform." 

In fact most of the ones you listed are not only available on all pc platforms but also on many other consoles and handhelds as well.

I'm a firm believer that a game will be profitable if it is legitimately a good game. If its actually a quality game that people want to play, it should have no problem selling on multiple different platforms.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well there is the hardmod route also which is the absolute cheapest and easiest way to do it imo then there is also swap magic but last I knew that works only on the fat ps2's

bro, you need to get updated on your PS2 hacks.

@Vitalius...so I can finally play dot.Hack GU .... Cries . I can finish the series... "sniff"

yus, finally

Note for Moderators: This is explaining how to put firmware on your PS2 that lets you do basically whatever you want with it. It isn't strictly for piracy. Obviously whoever does this will use it for whatever they use it for. It's like explaining how to root your phone. If that makes sense. Homebrew applications and whatnot.

Doing this allows pretty much instant load times (over the network anyway or on internal HDD), more freedom with the games you actually own, and adds more features to the PS2 than the original had. By a long shot.

For example, I have many old PS2 games who's disks do not work anymore due to age. I still own the game. So I use this to let me play them via saved images I have.

/note for moderators

• Use SMS, Simple Media System, which plays DivX/XviD movies with different screen resolutions and encoding methods, includes support for network files, USB drives, hard disc drives as well as the disc drive. It now also allows subtitles to be displayed, and contains a fully functional MP3 player.

Imagine that. MP3 Player on your PS3.

• Play backed up DVDs without having to disc swap using ESR. i.e. you take your copy of a game, make an image on your PC, burn that image to a blank DVD, and you can play that on your PS2 without the original. It requires you to mod the image though.
  • Load games from USB Hard Drives. Note: PS2's have USB 1.1, which is slightly slower than DVD speed, so 50% of PS2 games don't work, and those that do stutter, this is not a good idea.
  • Emulators.

That's right. Emulators for your PS2 that let you play SNES, Atari (all version), NeoGeo, and other older systems on it.

I did the following with a fat PS2. It would work exactly the same with a Slim PS2. Only you'd have to open the tray, block all the sensors (tissue paper works), then use that to disc swap. It's actually tons easier.

1. Put firmware files on USB (after downloading them ofc). 
  2. Put USB in PS2's USB port.
  3. Get copy of 007: Agent Under Fire (or similar game that this trick works with).
  4. Beat first level of 007 -> save game. (this process would be similar for wtv game you used, unless the game just let you do it from the menu, lucky you)
  5. Make an ISO of 007 on PC.
  6. Replace 2nd level file of 007 (DRIVER.IMG or wtv) with firmware files.
  7. Burn modified ISO to blank DVD (I recommend higher quality blank DVDs).
  8. Load up 007 in PS2 with my save data.
  9. Open PS2 drive tray using modified Abercrombie & Fitch card (what I used) without letting it dump it's memory (you can use any rigid rectangle and some scissors to make this).
  10. Replace authentic 007 disc with modified 007 disc.
  11. Load up 2nd level.
  12. PS2 will boot to firmware install screen. Follow steps to install it on your memory card (8MB minimum). Fairly simple but note the interface will be like DOS prompt, but for PS2 controller. 

And bam. Free McBoot is on my console via the memory card. I can play games off the USB drive, the internal HDD (the PS2 could have an internal IDE drive if you had the Network attachment), or over the network via Samba Share.

Note that Free McBoot just boots other program-like things. It isn't the thing that lets you play games from the above mentioned mediums. It comes with packages and whatnot already.

Other notes:

• PS2 Network Adapters are available for purchase on Ebay. Their speed is Ethernet 10/100, so max is 12.5 MB/s. For reference, the PS2 read DVDs at 4x speeds, which maxed out at 5.6 MB/s.
  • There are other homebrew apps for PS2 ofc. 
  • Your memory card will be "used up" as it will have Free McBoot on it, so you will need another one, or you can use a USB drive for save files. Huzzah.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

FINALLY FOUND IT its a Weller as well xD

if only team vulcan ram wasn't so damn ugly i would get it since its the cheapest 16GB kit of ram

2014_Vulcan_Red_500.jpg

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Also thing about these games is not only are they good but also they reach out to so many platforms from the get go.

Indeed, though there was that annoying phase with XBLA exclusivity and the like. But you can't win 'em all.

So watch should I watch from this list or at least in an order

They're so varied and middling that it's impossible to just recommend one. Whatever you feel like at the time, I guess. For instance, Nyaruko has a pretty fun start, but halfway through the first season it becomes another of those "we've run out of jokes and creativity" series like Zombie Desk Car, and the second season phones things in pretty hardcore. Yet some people adore them despite such major flaws. The rest are also similarly big cases of YMMV.