Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Thanks, going to start watching those next.

Bear in mind that it starts off a bit slow for some people's tastes, and I know at least one person who initially gave up on it 4 eps in, only to regret it a year later when they gave it another try all the way through.

If Clannad is supposed to make people cry, am I not a human, then?

no, you're fine, many people don't

what I got from clanned was tons of forced sads and "feel bad for me qq"

i've sat through a fuckton more that have elicited a reaction from me despite some of them not having that as the main intention.

AB was boring as fuck too

forced drama and trying to make you cry in a lot of these works flat out sucks. It's as if they're trying to play peekaboo with your feels, like nigga i'm done grown please learn to write and try to make me care a bit.

If I show you a clip of lil' hina-chan getting bullied and dying in a ditch after her parents disown her, objectively sure, it's sad, but you're not going to remotely give a fuck

Error: 410

no, you're fine, many people don't

what I got from clanned was tons of forced sads and "feel bad for me qq"

i've sat through a fuckton more that have elicited a reaction from me despite some of them not having that as the main intention.

AB was boring as fuck too

forced drama and trying to make you cry in a lot of these works flat out sucks. It's as if they're trying to play peekaboo with your feels, like nigga i'm done grown please learn to write and try to make me care a bit.

If I show you a clip of lil' hina-chan getting bullied and dying in a ditch after her parents disown her, objectively sure, it's sad, but you're not going to remotely give a fuck

You know what gives more feel than a feel anime/manga?

Anime/manga with Cliffhangers.

its even worse when they are canned

:,(

Ehhh. <In case anyone is wondering, I put this when I don't exactly agree with what you say, but don't exactly disagree either.

I think it heavily relies on who is watching it. Some people can only get attached to people they've never or just met. I know it's dumb because I'm one of them, but that's why I think I prefer shorter anime. Less time for me to stop caring about the people in the anime. 

Some people require time to care about others. And some people instantly do, but lose that over time. 

I'm kinda both. I go through a phase of caring > not caring > caring. 

There are more elements at play "Do I actually like the character? Have they done anything to make me like them? Do they remind me of people I actually care about? Have any events occurred that have made me disinterested?" etc.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So I got new 3rd monitor and its causing my who system to studder real bad x.x 

But on a side note I've been watching Acchi Kocchi today and its great, good thing I had my laptop up and running to watch it.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

You know what gives more feel than a feel anime/manga?

Anime/manga with Cliffhangers.

its even worse when they are canned

:,(

do you count anger as a feel? because that's the feel i'd feel

I think it heavily relies on who is watching it. Some people can only get attached to people they've never or just met. I know it's dumb because I'm one of them, but that's why I think I prefer shorter anime. Less time for me to stop caring about the people in the anime. 

Some people require time to care about others. And some people instantly do, but lose that over time. 

I'm kinda both. I go through a phase of caring > not caring > caring. 

There are more elements at play "Do I actually like the character? Have they done anything to make me like them? Do they remind me of people I actually care about? Have any events occurred that have made me disinterested?" etc.

weird you're like that, I can't understand why you'd care in the slightest about some random anime character (or any character) going through misfortune.

Angel Beats especially annoyed me because the white haired girl was a talking piece of cardboard. I'd have a hard time remembering her name, let alone caring at all.

That anime was a culmination of cringeworthy plot elements and design (combinations of music and for some goddamn reason weapons in some pseudo-afterlife, I don't remember something so stupid in a while) "wahh look at how sad this is" and making characters cry in an effort to tell you when to cry.

To make things worse, that final sequence of the finale pissed all over the last 11 or 12 episodes they churned out with a "haha jk u been had, fgt"

I mean come on, I could have at least praised you for trying but now you went and fucked that up too

So I got new 3rd monitor and its causing my who system to studder real bad x.x

But on a side note I've been watching Acchi Kocchi today and its great, good thing I had my laptop up and running to watch it.

This was really painful cheese and some of the driest anime I've tried to watch. I've never seen forced moe fail so badly, and it's not even that hard to do. From what I remember (or lack of) the humor was likely dull as well.

and the stutters sounds like a driver issue.

If Clannad is supposed to make people cry, am I not a human, then?

That AK looks a little... small. You sure it's not a toy?

That's also my feels after pulling off one or two all-nighters in a row. It does help fixing skewed sleeping rhymes (like after staying up really late), but it comes at a cost of not being able to focus on anything, like studying. Before I was better at pulling-off all-nighters, but last time I pulled-off one, I legitimately ended up falling asleep during math class. Whoops... I guess not enough caffeine?

I used to wear a scarf occasionally (green shemagh with black patterns) but it looks a little too hipster-ish / militaristic, so I dropped it. Now I only wear a scarf for a disguise whenever it's needed. Don't ask why, but it's this scarf.

haha i drank a pot of tea , and a pot of coffee today so im sorta good :P 

that's a nice scarf tbh , its not hipster ... at least i don't think it is lol.

ugh man i wish the girls i know would stop trying to get me in a suit -.-* its so annoying at times (more random shit no one cares about)

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

This was really painful cheese and some of the driest anime I've tried to watch. I've never seen forced moe fail so badly, and it's not even that hard to do. From what I remember (or lack of) the humor was likely dull as well.

and the stutters sounds like a driver issue.

I'll agree its super cheese and forced pretty bad but its slightly amusing, I've been trying to find more stuff to watch now sine I got my new 16:10 display. The issues looked it was probably a driver issue as its not happening anymore from what I can tell.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

weird you're like that, I can't understand why you'd care in the slightest about some random anime character (or any character) going through misfortune.

Angel Beats especially annoyed me because the white haired girl was a talking piece of cardboard. I'd have a hard time remembering her name, let alone caring at all.

That anime was a culmination of cringeworthy plot elements and design (combinations of music and for some goddamn reason weapons in some pseudo-afterlife, I don't remember something so stupid in a while) "wahh look at how sad this is" and making characters cry in an effort to tell you when to cry.

To make things worse, that final sequence of the finale pissed all over the last 11 or 12 episodes they churned out with a "haha jk u been had, fgt"

I mean come on, I could have at least praised you for trying but now you went and fucked that up too 

Yeah. And I can't understand how you can't. :) That's how this works unfortunately. I care about everyone by default. The more I get to know them, the less I care, up to a point, then I start to care even more. It's weird. 

It's funny you bring that specific anime up. It's what I thought of as an example of short anime I prefer. An extreme example is that I saw the last episode of Now and Then; Here and There. I had never seen or heard of the anime before. I cried. A lot. It was epic and sad. I could derive a lot of meaning from how everything happened.

I think it has to do with what I didn't know. What I mentioned earlier about how people fill in the details themselves sometimes and things are better that way depending on the media. Horror being a good example, but for me, that end to that anime hit me hard even though I'd never seen any of it. It makes it even more real that way.

I enjoyed it. I like supernatural after-life stuff. You see what you described. I saw something completely different and enjoyed it even if it seemed hacked together & rushed.

Not sure what you mean. The after credits scene? Or, what? I may have forgotten what happened in the last episode. Note that I do this regardless of whether I liked the anime or not. I have a horrible memory unless it's "triggered" which is a complicated-for-others-but-simple-for-me process I set up beforehand. 

People are different and weird. I'm surprised I like them.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

it probably didn't sell well, I didn't think it was any good.

I can't think of anything good about it.

You shall be made to pay for these remarks !

First , we'll start with this .

post-195144-0-05560800-1432341324_thumb.

Then let you think about your crimes a while .

post-195144-0-36215000-1432341395.jpg

Hmmmm , not repentant yet ? Well then .

post-195144-0-31681500-1432341452.jpg

You will be broken !

post-195144-0-89609800-1432341494.png

Or you will end up like this one we broke yesterday .

post-195144-0-38513800-1432342917.jpg

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

You shall be made to pay for these remarks !

First , we'll start with this .

attachicon.gifflamenco-10-1.png

Then let you think about your crimes a while .

attachicon.gifKillua_tortured_3.jpg

Hmmmm , not repentant yet ? Well then .

attachicon.gifsam4-620x.jpg

You will be broken !

attachicon.gifAn-Incredibly-Dark-Turn-450x253.png

Or you will end up like this one we broke yesterday .

attachicon.gifThe_Anime_Torture_by_berkozturk.jpg

Bud last photo, put it in a spoiler please.

|King Of The Lost|

. I go through a phase of caring > not caring > caring. 

Maybe you have a short . You should probably have that checked :P

post-195144-0-85797200-1432342260.jpg

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Not sure what you mean. The after credits scene? Or, what? I may have forgotten what happened in the last episode. Note that I do this regardless of whether I liked the anime or not. I have a horrible memory unless it's "triggered" which is a complicated-for-others-but-simple-for-me process I set up beforehand. 

People are different and weird. I'm surprised I like them.

yep, that scene, the few seconds before MPC tells you that's the last file in the folder.

it completely undid what the entire anime spent so much time to do

catharsis? no fuck you

well, judging by the lack of sales and enthusiasm most people seem to agree

they could have maybe gone the guaranteed income sultry and fanservicey route, but eh

Bud last photo, put it in a spoiler please.

lol changed to pic :P

lol changed to pic :P

Better, gotta be easy on the gore stuff though cause of CoC it is seen as NSFW for the fourms.

|King Of The Lost|

@KingCry you up for image editing? Project club banners(yes it's plural) is a go. 

Get on teamspeak and I'll talk about the details.

I won't be able to get on the TeamSpeak tonight I'm stuck updating and messing with my desktop cause I'm having some issues with drivers now.

|King Of The Lost|

I won't be able to get on the TeamSpeak tonight I'm stuck updating and messing with my desktop cause I'm having some issues with drivers now.

Let me know when then. I'm ready to get working on the project. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

!?!?!?

Illuminati...

haha i drank a pot of tea , and a pot of coffee today so im sorta good :P

that's a nice scarf tbh , its not hipster ... at least i don't think it is lol.

ugh man i wish the girls i know would stop trying to get me in a suit -.-* its so annoying at times (more random shit no one cares about)

If you want to get one of the girls. Wear the suit.

Blarg

Illuminati...

If you want to get one of the girls. Wear the suit.

the problem is I don't have one xD although I'm warming up to the idea \(^_-)/

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Important announcement -----

Fred's day ended like this .

post-195144-0-51460700-1432346325.png

Everybody send get well wishes , or just tease him :P

the problem is I don't have one xD although I'm warming up to the idea \(^_-)/

You can probably rent one at first.

Except I was not smiling.

Poor Fred. All broken. He would just have to stay home day and trade stocks.

Blarg

You can probably rent one at first.

I'd like to stay home and trade stocks, but breaking a leg or two to do so doesn't sound worth it at all. =/

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ooh , he missed a good opportunity to get out of the shop permanently . He should claim PTSD and tell them he can't handel going back  :D