Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Is it me, or is it companies dumbing down specs stickers on pcs lol. Powerful processor..... i3....

20160611_101805.jpg

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

3 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Is it me, or is it companies dumbing down specs stickers on pcs lol. Powerful processor..... i3....

20160611_101805.jpg

Because they know that the mainstream has no idea what's in a PC. There's should be another sticker somewhere with more info though, like on the box before you unboxed it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Because they know that the mainstream has no idea what's in a PC. There's should be another sticker somewhere with more info though, like on the box before you unboxed it.

There was but in very small writing on the side. That kind of stuff should be front and center and not say misleading stuff like powerful processor. I do not consider an i3 powerful

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

1 hour ago, That_Random_Guy said:

There was but in very small writing on the side. That kind of stuff should be front and center and not say misleading stuff like powerful processor. I do not consider an i3 powerful

If you still have your trusty old Pentium 4, an i3 is powerful. Its also pretty powerful for the people who only use their computers for facebook and stuff, which i'm guessing all in one PCs are designed for.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

13 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

If you still have your trusty old Pentium 4, an i3 is powerful. Its also pretty powerful for the people who only use their computers for facebook and stuff, which i'm guessing all in one PCs are designed for.

Eh ill give you that. Though i still say i i3 isnt a powerful cpu by todays standards and shouldnt be marketed as such. But if your gonna compare it to old hardware then it is. 

Tho i have a sorta funny story to go with that. While i was at bestbuy iasked around and the guy that came to help was like hey what are you looking for. I was like oh you know something that i could play games do a bit of editing and such. He asked about how much i was planning on spending. I hate that wuestion because it usually means there gonna pick the most expensive thing possible. So i just through out 1200. No lie, he goes for 1200 your not gonna get a good gaming experience and when into a talk about how he builds pcs... i say about how much then. He goes this one for 1500 to 2000... so after about 5 or so mins i stop him and said. I build pcs too. If face went blood red, i said for 1200 you can have a damn fine gaming pc and walked away. This is why i hate retail places.

9 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Eh ill give you that. Though i still say i i3 isnt a powerful cpu by todays standards and shouldnt be marketed as such. But if your gonna compare it to old hardware then it is. 

When I think back to before when it used to be abbreviation and numbers that people didn't understand I see nothing wrong with it now

9 minutes ago, Charger said:

When I think back to before when it used to be abbreviation and numbers that people didn't understand I see nothing wrong with it now

Oh ive got no problem with that either. Looking at e8200 and such is confusing. My problem is the marketing of a "powerful cpu" which i would consider the new x99 or x99 in general and such as powerful. Even the 6700k is pretty powerful imo. But when your comparing a nodern i3 to anything modern now its actuall pretty weak.

10 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i keep reading it from right to left.

I have also had this problem after shifting over to reading more and more manga than comics.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

11 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

so i'm reading a comic, and i keep reading it from right to left. i'm confusing myself more than i should lol 

I do that from time to time bewteen manwha and manga lol like wtf this makes no sense. Or even worse you read a few chapters and it makes sense and you realise your reading backwards

Kind of related but is anyone else looking forward to the God Eater 2 Rage Burst game?

4 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Oh ive got no problem with that either. Looking at e8200 and such is confusing. My problem is the marketing of a "powerful cpu" which i would consider the new x99 or x99 in general and such as powerful. Even the 6700k is pretty powerful imo. But when your comparing a nodern i3 to anything modern now its actuall pretty weak.

Well it is a powerful CPU compared to a netbook or probably a chrome book

8 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

Tho i have a sorta funny story to go with that. While i was at bestbuy iasked around and the guy that came to help was like hey what are you looking for. I was like oh you know something that i could play games do a bit of editing and such. He asked about how much i was planning on spending. I hate that wuestion because it usually means there gonna pick the most expensive thing possible. So i just through out 1200. No lie, he goes for 1200 your not gonna get a good gaming experience and when into a talk about how he builds pcs... i say about how much then. He goes this one for 1500 to 2000... so after about 5 or so mins i stop him and said. I build pcs too. If face went blood red, i said for 1200 you can have a damn fine gaming pc and walked away. This is why i hate retail places.

I kinda want to go to best buy and do that. Just see what they try to sell me. 

Blarg

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

I kinda want to go to best buy and do that. Just see what they try to sell me. 

cheap trash from most of the sales people. Linus tested this buy having his wife go and buy a gaming pc from them. 

2 hours ago, Charger said:

cheap trash from most of the sales people. Linus tested this buy having his wife go and buy a gaming pc from them. 

well you can get a decent pc from retail places. usually lower end pc are cheaper to get from them because well things like os and such can addprice, so i can see where they belong, though high ernd or anything over 1k i think you should just build it yourself and have the experience of building. you know more about the parts and all, and not end up with no name or random offbrand stuff

Edit: removing the sound proofing from the h440 front cover is a PAIN IN THE ASSSSS.....

getting ready to do a bit of case modding... and if i screw up ill have an excuse to get another case lol

just bought another 980ti

New Bitmap Image (2).png

22 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

1080s or 1070s ain't up your alley? 

26 minutes ago, That_Random_Guy said:

New Bitmap Image (2).png

inb4justthebox

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

4 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

not when he already has another 980ti I would assume

19 minutes ago, FinestRyeBread said:

inb4justthebox

haha nah hes got a 100 rating and alot of rep so i think im in the clear and he says card and such in the discription so id have a case against him

Not only that but i messaged him and got a near instant reply saying it was indeed the card in the box lol

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

not when he already has another 980ti I would assume

9 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

already own a 980ti and a block so to buy 2 1080s and 2 blocks isnt worth imo. not ofr a 20-30% gain anyway

the 1080 and such are over hyped and are just like any other card released marginal increases

5 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

haha nah hes got a 100 rating and alot of rep so i think im in the clear and he says card and such in the discription so id have a case against him

Not only that but i messaged him and got a near instant reply saying it was indeed the card in the box lol

inb4 card = cardboard

On another note,

WHY THE F*CK DOES RE ZERO END WITH A CLIFFHANGER FOR EACH EPISODE!?

3 hours ago, DigitalHermit said:

inb4 card = cardboard

On another note,

WHY THE F*CK DOES RE ZERO END WITH A CLIFFHANGER FOR EACH EPISODE!?

ikr i've been so irritated by

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com