Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

name of the anime please!

Koukaku no Pandora

Steam Group chat and TeamSpeak aren't enough comms?

I was thinking of something along the lines of Discord... It's like a nicer-looking teamspeak...

2 many forumz

Truthfully I forgot about this place until I needed troubleshooting from 1337 h4x0rs

Welcome back. 

This should be THE forum. :P

I've stopped being active on any other tech forums after I signed up here.

Well said Corporal!

QKKmjlS.jpg

Anyone up for establishing a new comms channel?

Hmm New Comms channel? Whats Discord? Never heard of it before. If you don't like the way Teamspeak looks you can always skin it!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Welcome back. 

Well said Corporal!

-snip-

Hmm New Comms channel? Whats Discord? Never heard of it before. If you don't like the way Teamspeak looks you can always skin it!

I used Discord before I like it it works pretty good the cool thing is that text and voice chat and it runs inside your browser

^basically this^

I'll throw an invite once I get things set-up properly on my end... for now... the land of dreams awaits...

^basically this^

I'll throw an invite once I get things set-up properly on my end... for now... the land of dreams awaits...

Good luck!

Deleted code is debugged code.

Any tips what questions I should use when I want to think about reviewing anime in my head? :D

I mean that I just don't know where to start reviewing and what to have there.

I'm not really that good in english and I feel that I see anime narrowly ;)

Well, if you don't mind me rambling a bit, sure...

It all depends on what you like/dislike/want from anime. If you've seen enough of them you should be able to tell what they're doing well or not for your tastes. If you're not sure how that might work, just take a look at the more opinionated popular reviewers for examples (just don't mistake their approaches as "definitive" in any way). For example, ThatAnimeSnob has a fantastic series of videos on what makes stories in anime tick from a critical perspective, but his actual reviews and review method are often of questionable value unless you enjoy being a snob more than just enjoying the shows you're watching (though at least he's brutally honest and entertaining). DigiBro also has some good videos exploring the aesthetics and emotional appeal of shows (like his "Asterisk Wars sucks" videos) but his critical eye is still developing so his opinions are often missing the forest for the trees. Likewise there are other popular reviewers on sites like MAL and YouTube, but they tend to not be very critical, and fall into the trap of just affirming what people want to hear about an anime, or just being entertaining rather than useful as reviews (like Gigguk). The only person I recall who managed to do those kinds of reviews in a truly satisfying way (aside from hilarity) was Grumpy Ojii-san on YouTube, but he unfortunately hasn't been active in a long time.

The easiest thing to do to get started on a review is just list what made a show stand out as strong or weak, especially the things it seemed to be aiming to do to stand out. If the show was ambitious in some way (small or large), judge HOW you think it succeeded (not why). If it wasn't being ambitious, judge whether it's worth watching on any level regardless, compared to all the other similar shows out there. That will let you develop your own style that suits your tastes and personality. It also keeps you grounded, so you don't just flail around reaching for points or arguments. Don't worry about being fair, critical, or getting things wrong. Don't worry about boiling things down to a score or rating (they're useless over time anyway). Just be honest in trying to explain your impressions of the show. Again, focus on the HOW rather than the WHY if you want to have an easier time (ie, how did the show impress you, rather than why).

If you want to entertain rather than inform, you'll find out what people like/dislike in your reviews as you go along. You can develop a personality that suits your audience. But you'll always be better off if you're informative as well as entertaining. The most important things are probably to be honest and aim for consistency in your judgement. Your tastes and judgements WILL change over time, but if you strive to be critical enough then even your old reviews will be useful after you've outgrown the opinions you used to have. For example, when I was younger I used to value a feeling of "uniqueness" in anime more than I do now (especially as anime have entered a period where they take fewer creative risks). But had I written more reviews back then, this line of thinking would mean they would still have merit, because I would know HOW an anime impressed me rather than WHY (that is, I'm judging it more on its merits rather than mine).

How do I change my username?

Pm one of the mods. He will direct you to the mod who can chage it.

He'll ask for a reason why you wan't to change your nick name. It has to be at least semi reasonable. ;)

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Send a message to @Windspeed36. You will need a reason why you want to change yoyur username

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

ask a mod , they most likely won't change it tho

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I think im not gonna enjoy another trailer ever. This is too great.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Noob question are the controls similar to that of strike suit? Looks similar, sounds similar but it's multiplayer. I was going to buy it months ago but non of my mates would play. Once I get Internet back (22nd) I'll download it if you guys would recommend it

No, having played both strike suit is space only.

Strike vector is much faster paced and has better weapon variety

additionally there's a lot more maneuvering than in strike suit.

this was from yesterday, skip around if you want to see what it's like.

The space levels at low orbit (~ 00:25:00 and 1:25:00 in) are really fun though

the sound effects especially are a nice touch

Error: 410

Pm one of the mods. He will direct you to the mod who can chage it.

He'll ask for a reason why you wan't to change your nick name. It has to be at least semi reasonable. ;)

thanks

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

ask a mod , they most likely won't change it tho

lol, i caught that. might not even bother as i don't have a legit reason.

edit: oops, been off for  awhile so forgot about double-posting sorry.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

edit: oops, been off for  awhile so forgot about double-posting sorry.

You don't have to have a legit reason. You just have to tell him a legit reason (lie)  :ph34r:

lol my friend is literally super hyped about that show

Why would someone be hyped about an anime that's over?

Just finished nisekoi

Hi

Hello.

(btw please watch better anime cause Nisekoi is shit)

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

You don't have to have a legit reason. You just have to tell him a legit reason (lie)  :ph34r:

Lie to someone that can ban you for lieing to them. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Lie to someone that can ban you for lieing to them. I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

35219937.jpg

Well thanks kilgrave...your getting creepier

My god i loved that show.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

-snip-

Definitely stealing that picture.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

But that will only succeed if you have enough points in the speech skill

I shouldn't play fallout for 3 days straight anymore...

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

edit: oops, been off for awhile so forgot about double-posting sorry.

I don't think that you need a really good reason to change your name. I still remember that we once has had a guy in here who changed his name to StalkerMk2 because krimsin said he was a stalker.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I don't think that you need a really good reason to change your name. I still remember that we once has had a guy in here who changed his name to StalkerMk2 because krimsin said he was a stalker.

Yeah and he didn't even lied

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I will agree that you do not need a legit reason but lying is not a good idea. All you have to do is create a convincing argument or make friends with who ever changes names lol