Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Is that a character that is based on the doctor/scientist from To Aru Majutsu no Railgun?

no, she's the lead sex toy designer from prepubescent sex jokes: the animation

probably just has the coat on to keep herself safe from the stray bodily juices that coat the hallways

"something something sex, penis."

thanks for reading this joke, remember to like and comment this post if you liked it and report it if you didn't. maybe consider supporting me by sending money to helping@gmail.com through PayPal or steam gift cards.

pls subscribe

Error: 410

Wow, a second good anime in this season?

Dagashikashi (1). so-so.

There's really not much to this one. The spunky lead girl is basically a less charming and funny Squid Girl, the romcom elements are bland yet inoffensive, and the fanservice is just as shoveled-in and predictable as in any other modern anime romcom for boys. Is it bad? Nah. But it really doesn't do anything to stand out. Teekyuu has rendered these standard low-energy comedies more or less obsolete for me lately, but it'll do as a background watch if I'm bored. The most surprising thing about this one is that it's not produced by JC Staff, because it feels so much like one of their shows. If you're into that sort of light romcom involving teens and hyperactivity, then this will probably be fine, but I can't say that it's as good as people seem to have been hoping.

Koukaku no Pandora (1). so-so.

At first glance this is just another tasteless cheap ecchi show, but there are hints of self-awareness and interesting themes, plus the characters aren't wholly unlikable (despite being cardboard cut-outs so far). It basically falls into "bearable" territory, if you don't mind a couple of cringe-worthy scenes of fanservice. The rest was mostly cute robot and cyborg girls taking part in an old-school combat manga setup, but as mentioned they also touched on some themes with potential; self-identity, slavery, dumb goodness being manipulated, etc. Unfortunately it didn't seem to be treating them as anything but spice, so it's hard to really get into this one. It feels like another Nuku Nuku fluff affair, rather than something truly willing to go somewhere interesting like Key the Metal Idol. It might be worth another episode just to reminisce about when I was young enough to like this kind of schlock, but it's not something I can really recommend to anyone who wouldn't feel the same way.

Oshiete! Galko-chan (1). mediocre.

Basically this is a lower rent, lower class, lower effort variant of Seitokai Yakuindomo. It feels more embarrassed and desperate about what it is, and it seems to primarily be about telegraphed cringe comedy. As for me, I prefer SyD's "guess which joke we're going for" approach, plus the characters didn't annoy me as much. That, and Teekyuu has a higher jokes-per-minute ratio while also being on the vulgar side, so this one has a pretty limited appeal while those two are ongoing series. It's a short-episode anime though, so it's probably worth a watch if you like this kind of humor.

Luck and Logic (1). great.

Wow, this was cheeky to the extent that it only got better and better as it went along. The writing was downright fantastic compared to what I expected; it did practically everything right to get me invested in what should have been a generic, throw-away "we'll make it up as we go along" light novel style series. I mean they had a cute sister character who is actually *just* a cute little sister looking out for her brother, saying things like "be the stereotypical mighty lead character who never loses!" How can you not love a character like that? In fact by the end of the episode it felt like what they really wanted to do was show modern wish-fulfillment shounen anime how to be fun again. They practically dropped a classic OP shounen protagonist into a modern magical idol team series, then winked at the audience every chance they could without it ruining the tone of the show. That "covenant" scene was like something out of an Aquarion series, the hero himself was like a lead out of Saint Seiya, and even the music felt like it was in on the joke. Best of all, it wasn't just homage and cheese. The cast is likable, the setup has actual stakes and tension, and the levity isn't overbearing. They even neatly downplayed the standard "boob faceplant" scene as though to point out that it isn't that kind of show. Great job, Dogakobo!

Wow, a second good anime in this season?

Luck and Logic (1). great.

Wow, this was cheeky to the extent that it only got better and better as it went along. The writing was downright fantastic compared to what I expected; it did practically everything right to get me invested in what should have been a generic, throw-away "we'll make it up as we go along" light novel style series. I mean they had a cute sister character who is actually *just* a cute little sister looking out for her brother, saying things like "be the stereotypical mighty lead character who never loses!" How can you not love a character like that? In fact by the end of the episode it felt like what they really wanted to do was show modern wish-fulfillment shounen anime how to be fun again. They practically dropped a classic OP shounen protagonist into a modern magical idol team series, then winked at the audience every chance they could without it ruining the tone of the show. That "covenant" scene was like something out of an Aquarion series, the hero himself was like a lead out of Saint Seiya, and even the music felt like it was in on the joke. Best of all, it wasn't just homage and cheese. The cast is likable, the setup has actual stakes and tension, and the levity isn't overbearing. They even neatly downplayed the standard "boob faceplant" scene as though to point out that it isn't that kind of show. Great job, Dogakobo!

Is it just me, or does it feel like bash got paid to write that? :lol:  /jk

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Post-poning Strike Vector til 5:30PM CST (11:30PM UK time).

Just realized my PC is kill atm. Currently in resurrection process. Will be as simple as copy/paste to fix, but it's not there yet and copying 50GB of data at 80-120 MB/s is 9 minutes(ish).

Will make announcement on Steam Group once it (my PC) is live.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Is it just me, or does it feel like bash got paid to write that? :lol:  /jk

Heh. If you want to hear some negatives, then the CGI was as CGI as CGI always is in anime, and if you ignore the fun writing you can basically consider it a stereotypical mundane shounen series (complete with stock characters and such). But the positives overwhelmed me for once (much like Erased).

Post-poning Strike Vector til 5:30PM CST (11:30PM UK time).

Just realized my PC is kill atm. Currently in resurrection process. Will be as simple as copy/paste to fix, but it's not there yet and copying 50GB of data at 80-120 MB/s is 9 minutes(ish).

Will make announcement on Steam Group once it (my PC) is live.

Hope if goes well. Im still setting up a stream and such. (procrastination at its greatest) No clue if it will pick up teamspeak or just game volume, guess ill find out in a bit

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Hope if goes well. Im still setting up a stream and such. (procrastination at its greatest) No clue if it will pick up teamspeak or just game volume, guess ill find out in a bit

If you are using Open Broadcaster Software (original, not Multi-platform), then,

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/multiple-audio-sources.38399/

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

If you only have 1 sound card it should pick up all the sounds on the soundcard

Had my first exam yesterday, not sure what to think of it it went weird

Watched the first episode of Stride and ERASED yesterday damn both shows look promising, especially ERASED :o 

I bought Dark Souls on pc instead of Playstation and already played 4hrs on it (rip exams :/). I've also been playing Duelyst its a pretty fun game

Deleted code is debugged code.

If you are using Open Broadcaster Software (original, not Multi-platform), then,

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/multiple-audio-sources.38399/

Just can't leave us huh?

Yo you and @TheGingerKid want to play some squad tonight?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just can't leave us huh?

I stated that I would be AWOL. Doesn't mean I won't be reporting in. Also, I did mention I'd still be here for game night stuff.

Tomorrow, 5PM CST, Strike Vector.

Tomorrow, 9PM CST, BFBC2 (hopefully with custom planes n shit now).

We can change BFBC2 to Squad if that's K with you.

And Strike Vector is moved to 6PM because: Work & PC reconstruction is in process.

† Christian Member †

Just can't leave us huh?

aw... guess i'm not invited

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

aw... guess i'm not invited

Do you have the game? I don't know who does aside from Ginger, Vitalius and I.

I stated that I would be AWOL. Doesn't mean I won't be reporting in. Also, I did mention I'd still be here for game night stuff.

We can change BFBC2 to Squad if that's K with you.

And Strike Vector is moved to 6PM because: Work & PC reconstruction is in process.

I was under the impression you'd basically disappear from here, and we'd have to contact you from steam and whatnot lol.

BFBC2 to Squad? A limited number of people have Squad, I think we have more people with BFBC2 right now. It's up to you supreme leader.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yep. played a solid hour so far xD

I was under the impression you'd basically disappear from here, and we'd have to contact you from steam and whatnot lol.

BFBC2 to Squad? A limited number of people have Squad, I think we have more people with BFBC2 right now. It's up to you supreme leader.

just see who's going to play and decide then

Error: 410

Well, yeah. If it's urgent and I don't respond on the forums.

Like... it will be that way soon. The reason I keep coming back is because I expect to be mentioned and I will still read LTT for news regarding computers. 

Sure. I mean, I'm sure more people with play BFBC2. The issue is that those people have to have the 4.7GB Mod pack if they wanna play the modded version. 

Or we can just play vanilla. Wtv.

† Christian Member †

Weekly discussion series thread up!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/524082-heaven-society-week-70-rod-the-tv/

CWqYDn7.jpg

Yep. played a solid hour so far xD

just see who's going to play and decide then

Alright then!

I would play guys, but PC is still kill.

Thanks for going on without me. /serious

Will play when I can. GLHF all.

† Christian Member †

PHwbr9p.jpg

an accurate depiction of a group watching boku no pico.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Do I need context or is it exactly as it sounds?

Higher risk for certain blood transmitted diseases, and yes, they're diseases that are tested for anyways :P

umm possibly?