Why is nobody mad about the r9 295x2???

Anthony10

So on newegg right now, a gigabyte windforce 290x is $570(2)= $1140

Meanwhile, the 295x2 is suppose to be $1500? Is there something I'm missing here?

Newegg r9 290x: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125499

Cause being mad won't make the product come out or not come out. No one cares if they're not going to buy it. & The majority of people here aren't going to buy it. Nor did they spend tons of research / money making it. & It's in limited quantity so.. yea.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*cough *cough not as bad as the titan Z

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

It's because people prefer to hate on NVIDIA and the TITAN Z.

Edit: You see? Look above me!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well no because 1. It has an AIO which would probably cost around 100$. 2. There goes a lot of binning into dual gpu cards. 3. Afaik gigabyte windforce R9 290x's are only so cheap because the first batch was defective and people are scared of buying them now.  4. Titan Z... 5. To create a Dual GPU card you need a lot of engineering magic. And that is pricey. 

a dual gpu is better than 2, also you can crossfire 2 of those for 4 way crossfire :P also what does it matter? if you only have room for 1 gpu and you want 2, there you go

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Cause being mad won't make the product come out or not come out. No one cares if they're not going to buy it. & The majority of people here aren't going to buy it. Nor did they spend tons of research / money making it. & It's in limited quantity so.. yea.

Er... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought one of the main reasons why the r9 295x2 costs that much is because of research and development.

Er... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought one of the main reasons why the r9 295x2 costs that much is because of research and development.

I doubt it. It's probably more because of the cooling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

need a better reason to get mad homie, smile  :)

Well no because 1. It has an AIO which would probably cost around 100$. 2. There goes a lot of binning into dual gpu cards. 3. Afaik gigabyte windforce R9 290x's are only so cheap because the first batch was defective and people are scared of buying them now.  4. Titan Z... 5. To create a Dual GPU card you need a lot of engineering magic. And that is pricey.

1. They don't make the wind coolers for free? Subtract the cost to make 2 air coolers. 2 Ok 3 If you can buy it you can buy it, no arguing with that IMO. 4 lol 5 Yea I guess

Still doesn't make up the $340 IMO, $1250 would be a fair price I think. Also remember they are still making money off a single 290x so it's not like there is no profit margin.

I doubt it. It's probably more because of the cooling.

Huh. I swear I've heard Linus (and a few on the forum) comment on the difficulty of putting 2 Hawaii GPU on the same PCB...

1. They don't make the wind coolers for free? Subtract the cost to make 2 air coolers. 2 Ok 3 If you can buy it you can buy it, no arguing with that IMO. 4 lol 5 Yea I guess

Still doesn't make up the $340 IMO, $1250 would be a fair price I think. Also remember they are still making money off a single 290x so it's not like there is no profit margin.

Also E-PEN. 

Huh. I swear I've heard Linus (and a few on the forum) comment on the difficulty of putting 2 Hawaii GPU on the same PCB...

Not when you strap a watercooling setup to it. (That was the problem was the heat they produced.) I could always be wrong ^_^

I think it's because the itx platform is a lot more popular than ever so a card like this is perfect for such a set up. In regards to price, if you had no plans to buy a product, no reason to be mad about it. I see people with H100i's all the time on LTT and several times it was a waste of money because of the clock being stock or not really pushed. But that isn't my rig and I'm more in favor for the price to performance formula.

Personally, with Bitcoin being more mainstream and now taxable (other alt coin value is tied to Bitcoin stability), I can see the mining crowd dying down over the next  few years and AMD gpus to stop being hyper inflated.

That isnt that bad of a price premium. Considering its a limited production card, and WATERCOOLED. it runs higher then stock for a dual gpu thats crazy. And besides, if your spending that kind of money, thats nothing. considering thats your watercooling done for you

No reason to get mad, no one's gonna buy it, so the companies will know they made a mistake.

I think that lot of you are missing one thing. R9 295x2 features two fully unlocked Hawaii cores. R9 290x is not fully unlocked. So R9 295x2 / 2 = R9 295(x) not R9 290x. It is very similar to what NVIDIA did with titan or 780. Except the difference between R9 290x and fully unlocked Hawaii core is so small that it would be barely notable but put two of those fully unlocked cores together and you will notice the difference. That is the reason why it beats 780 ti in SLI and why it is so expensive. By the way in my country it costs 1400€ which is almost 2000$. You mad bro?

The 295x2 is just as unlocked as the 290x. A fully unlocked Hawaii core has over 3000 stream processors but the 295x2 has 5632 (2x 2816, which the 290x has). It is exactly the same as dual 290x in crossfire except at a higher stock speed and possibly limited overclocking due to thermals.