Why does LTT Store not have a warehouse in Europe?

pietro_tech_tips

As a European shipping is so expensive, they could most definitely make shipping cheaper this way. I pay like 21 - 30 $

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Did you checked amazon? At least there was at some point of time some of there merch available on amazon .com

not anymore I guess..

8 minutes ago, pietro_tech_tips said:

As a European shipping is so expensive, they could most definitely make shipping cheaper this way. I pay like 21 - 30 $

Because I think they process and ship orders from their HQ in Canada. Having an extra warehouse across the world is an expense they probably dont want. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 minutes ago, pietro_tech_tips said:

According to the Wan Show the cost will be passed on to the product it self instead of shipping thus more people suffer

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

Likely costs more than it's worth for them as a company. You having to pay more doesn't affect them. That's a you problem.

As long as they're still seeing the massive sales volumes they are now, adding complexity for what's likely little upside doesn't make any sense at all.

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Because I think they process and ship orders from their HQ in Canada. Having an extra warehouse across the world is an expense they probably dont want. 

IIRC they use a different company for fulfillment, locally in Richmond.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

18 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Likely costs more than it's worth for them as a company. You having to pay more doesn't affect them. That's a you problem.

As long as they're still seeing the massive sales volumes they are now, adding complexity for what's likely little upside doesn't make any sense at all.

IIRC they use a different company for fulfillment, locally in Richmond.

I really wanted that mousepad, but now I think it would be stupid, when I can have a better one for the same price. (the price with shipping, the prices without shipping are very very very fair)

The costs of buying/renting a warehouse with people to process their orders and logistics is going to cost a significant amount more than the shipping that people would be paying.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

6 minutes ago, pietro_tech_tips said:

I really wanted that mousepad, but now I think it would be stupid, when I can have a better one for the same price. (the price with shipping, the prices without shipping are very very very fair)

It's not really about that, though. Of course you can get other mouse pads for the same price, and ones that are excellent quality that are significantly cheaper.

Those aren't supporting the creator though. That's why people pay the higher price.

I'm considering buying a deskpad from LTT. Not because I'm absolutely in love with the design, and certainly not for the cost, but to give a little back.

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

The costs of buying/renting a warehouse with people to process their orders and logistics is going to cost a significant amount more than the shipping that people would be paying.

They'd likely just use a fulfillment company like they do now, but one in Europe. They wouldn't have any staff or property in Europe.

Still, the logistical challenges likely aren't worth the headache currently.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

The problem is probably the people. Not sure about Europe, but we have major labor issues across the US. 2/3rds of all the quits in September were 55 years old and older. The older generation is checking out, the younger generations are not having enough kids to fill those positions. I work in a warehouse and can say its been difficult finding good help. Especially when Amazon starts off at $18 an hour with up to $22 being possible. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

19 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Still creates overhead due to regulation.

Right. Logistical challenges. Congrats on focusing on a single part and not the entire post.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Probably doesnt make sense from a cost perspective. 

Consider if they ship 1000 orders a month to the EU....at a cost of $20-30 shipping per order, thats $20-30k/month to break even. 

Now think of the cost leasing the warehouse, utilities, local staff, cost of shipping product to the warehouse. 

Theres also registered business documentation and local tax laws to consider also. 

They could use drop shipping / fulfillment companies but they have their own headaches and substantial costs associated to them as well. 

It just doesnt make sense unless theyre shipping at least triple that volume consistantly. 

Probably don't even ship that many to the EU a month consistantly either. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

5 hours ago, pietro_tech_tips said:

Are there at least any Promo-Codes to lower my pain?

I don't think so? Not in a way you are looking for anyway. They do small deals time-to-time, but those are when you buy bundles, you get something extra for free. They aren't retail store, it's still mech for fans in support of the company.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If the volume of goods sold in europe is large enough you can benefit form the economics of scale. Then you could still make up for the bulk shipping and customs clearing costs and european staff by charging the same price in euros as in dollars. since one EUR is about 1,20 USD

5 hours ago, Switchboy said:

If the volume of goods sold in europe is large enough you can benefit form the economics of scale. Then you could still make up for the bulk shipping and customs clearing costs and european staff by charging the same price in euros as in dollars. since one EUR is about 1,20 USD

are there any data of how big sales are in europe? I only know that the US is on the top.

Shipping was 12$ to norway.. I consider that nothing and cheap when i buyed the golden controller t-shirt, it took less than 2 weeks (12 days) before it arrived.

Couldnt care less if it was sent from the other side of the world and it was 30 waiting days. I have time, im not running out of it, yet haha.

It arrived in time, probably not the same enough of fanbase fans in europe for it be worth it.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

On 11/27/2021 at 8:34 PM, James Evens said:

Logistics isn't the major headache.

Running anything in Europe basically requires at least one lawyer. That's the major overhead. By shipping from Canda you don't need to deal with all of that crap. Did you ever heard of 94/62/EG (that's just one of the truckload of legislation you need to deal with and no those fulfillment companies won't handle all of this for you)? When they finally release there show dryer it get's very quick very complicated (aka. expensive)... Europe isn't small business friendly.

Logistics encompasses everything related to the process, not just the physical act of moving the item from one place to the other.

I'm not sure you understand what a fulfillment company does. Their entire business is taking items from small sellers and reshipping them. So yes, they will do what they need to make that happen. Companies like ShipBob are a prime example of this, with warehouses in North America as well as Europe.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler