What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

Soon, soon, our family might get this. 

I can't drive yet, but it will come out once I can drive, and I think it's perfect for driving around town with some friends. Plus, its nice and nimble.

I'm genuinely considering the CX-3 as well.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

I'm genuinely considering the CX-3 as well.

Either that, or I can get a Honda HR-V. The Mazda is great though, because our family has 2 Mazdas ourselves, a 2002 Protege and a 2001 MPV. Both seem great.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm not old enough to drive but when the time comes I'm interested in a v6 Honda Civic VTEC, of course with a manual transmission, though I'd probably burn the clutch pretty fast because I live in the city.

I don't know of any Civic that came with a V6. Are you talking about an engine swap?

I don't know of any Civic that came with a V6. Are you talking about an engine swap?

I doubt he can swap an engine by the time he can drive. That's technically unheard of. He probably meant a I4 Civic.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The 2.3L EcoBoost made a lot of improvements, but I'd still wait until the next North American EcoBoost if you want reliability. They are great engines out of the box but even a few months of use brings up plenty of issues on early EcoBoost models like the Escape. @Stagea

I've seen some EcoBoost complaints, especially for the F150 V6. I know they've revised the CAC a few times to fix the humidity problem. 

Ford will likely fix the issues eventually. They've had turbocharged cars in the past, albeit less sophisticated ones.

Our family had its share of turbocharged motors (a couple of nissans, a few mitsubishis, a toyota, a hyundai and an audi). All but one had no noticeable reliability shortcoming vis-a-vis our naturally aspirated cars. The only problematic forced induction car that we've had was the Audi 5000 Turbo. 

My truck looks EXACTLY like this except the headlights are tinted slightly more and it has this grille:

IMG_3360-583x389.jpg

I doubt he can swap an engine by the time he can drive. That's technically unheard of. He probably meant a I4 Civic.

iirc @EcoBoost already did a B18 swap into an EG6

"Rawr XD"

iirc @EcoBoost already did a B18 swap into an EG6

dafuq even i wouldn't even do this considering resources, time, and money.

dafuq even i wouldn't even do this considering resources, time, and money.

wasn't my call

"Rawr XD"

Yeah I meant an i4 Civic, I was probably thinking of the Accord and got confuzzled.

Saab, and I mean a proper built in Sweden built like a tank used for knocking down tree's kind  :D 
Well, that's the main motor, the others are a bike, any of a small fleet of classics that my sibling owns and hires out, and a project car. 

And I aint a petrol head.... That said with the price of petrol here in the EU  :unsure:

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

• 4 months later...

My ride:

MTA_New_York_City_Bus_Orion_VII_Next_Gen

or

4560.jpg

lel.

In reality tho, I'm going to start saving up for a WRX STi or an Accord. But my dream garage will house a GT-R, S65, and G65.  :wub:

My ride:

or

lel.

In reality tho, I'm going to start saving up for a WRX STi or an Accord. But my dream garage will house a GT-R, S65, and G65.  :wub:

dude, you should change the rims and the paintjob on your rides, as they make them look old

Cool rides tho

When I had a car. (I don't currently due to working overseas) I drove a 2010 Subaru Forester that I bought new. Great car, handles well in the snow, and has good gas millage. It also has the option to attach a variety of different roof racks. So I highly recommend the forester or any other subaru.

Me- I feel like a secret agent man, as my wallet now has five different currencies in it

Me- It has come to my attention that it is impossible to buy liver in Mongolia because it is bad, but it is perfectly ok to buy salted sheep heads

A 2000 VW beetle. Manual transmission and diesel engine. (Was a pain to learn on)

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

Same here, but with a 2.3 VR5 in it (I need a 6th gear...), I started to take the dashboard apart last weekend and painted it :)

Nice. I only put in a new radio, cuz you know. I need my aux port.  :lol:

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

• 2 months later...

I don’t drive as I am not allowed to (Age of course) 

But I am apart of the RAAF cadets and this is what i fly every Saturday and Sunday

PC9-PC21-CBR.jpg

I Did not take Pic

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX. Dem bug-eyes doe

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

• 4 years later...

2019 VW Jetta S w/ 1.4T - - powder blue (mine)

2017 Honda HRV - forest green (wifes)

2016 Indian Scout 60 - pearl white (mine)

2017 Indian Scout 60 - gun metal and black (wifes)

20190831_092446_(1).jpg

20191005_164410.jpg

images.jpg

On 11/22/2014 at 2:07 PM, terrytek said:

Either that, or I can get a Honda HR-V. The Mazda is great though, because our family has 2 Mazdas ourselves, a 2002 Protege and a 2001 MPV. Both seem great.

The HRV has been a great mini-SUV so far, spacious and reliable...but, God the thing is a dog...

Nothing like a good ol' mid-size wagon, a class of vehicle that's wholly extinct in the United States. Welcome to my 2004 Saturn L300.2, with some odd equipment on it, namely auto-dimming rear-view mirrors and the chrome alloys.

IMG_1784.JPG

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.