is the msrp price inflation on gpu infect the global market

thanhduc

so this is the description, im thinking to buy a rtx 3090, and whats an experience, 3000 dollar for a 1,499 starting price gpu, here is proof

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 20.25.55.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 20.26.05.png

Its almost like getting a pre-built with the GPU you want is the better route to go. In some cases.

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

1 minute ago, thanhduc said:

3000 dollar for a 1,499 starting price gpu, here is proof

MSRP does not reflect on current supply/demand markets. Low supply and high demand drive up the price. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Yes, it's bad all over the world. Some say it's not because of mining.

I say it is in large part.

I edit my posts more often than not

25 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Yes, it's bad all over the world. Some say it's not because of mining.

I say it is in large part.

It’s not mining.

some say it’s because of mining, most of the time because they’re entitled gamers, who think that computers should only be used for gaming. Usually you can find these from the “it’s a gpu, it’s meant to game and only to game” argument. 
it’s mostly; demand being high from global need for electronics and the increase in gaming over the pandemic, supply being low because of the silicon shortage, and scalpers taking advantage of the high demand low supply issue and buying what they can to make a profit

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It’s not mining. ...

Erm I'm not 100% sure that the mining is behind all of the price gouging, yet the latest proof is the crypto-coins low point in august of this year, also being the low point of GPU prices in shops in my region of the world.

As the ETH an BTC and all the other picked up, the prices went up very quickly.

Might me coincidence, but it has imo happened before...

In august i bought RTX 3060 Ti  for 650€ and RX 6600XT for 550€ iirc. Still using the latter, the prices are much higher in shops now. 

2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Erm I'm not 100% sure that the mining is behind all of the price gouging, yet the latest proof is the crypto-coins low point in august of this year, also being the low point of GPU prices in shops in my region of the world.

As the ETH an BTC and all the other picked up, the prices went up very quickly.

Might me coincidence, but it has imo happened before...

In august i bought RTX 3060 Ti  for 650€ and RX 6600XT for 550€ iirc. Still using the latter, the prices are much higher in shops now. 

Well, your argument instantly shows how little you understand, if your referencing btc and gpu mining at the same time

you might remember ETHs drop earlier this year, like April ish (iirc) prices had no drop globally in any noticeable manner.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

50 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Well, your argument instantly shows how little you understand, if your referencing btc and gpu mining at the same time

you might remember ETHs drop earlier this year, like April ish (iirc) prices had no drop globally in any noticeable manner.

Yeah, there's a reason why I'm referencing BTC with ETH and "the others" - BTC is not profitable for mining on GPUs, yet its market price seems to be manipulated by owners of other coins. (and everyone else)

I was not declaring to be the messiah to bring the news of coin mining to be the agenda of lizard people controlling the world...

50 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Yeah, at the beginning surely noone was trying to sell ETH, BTC etc. as the hope for soon rising prices, would be understandable. The crypto-coin prices only started to have constantly rising prices after the GPU prices lowered to their lowest in a year.

So two things here. First, never compare your local pricing to US pricing, at MSRP or at retail. Your local pricing has local factors in the price. Be it import fees, shipping fees, taxes (US MSRP is before taxes, US retail only contains tarifs). Second thing is that you should compare to what local prices were for previous gen at launch, or year later (which is soon). Then you know if there really is price increase or not.

Globally, yes there is. Prices are about double that what they were year ago.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, SirWendall said:

Its almost like getting a pre-built with the GPU you want is the better route to go. In some cases.

And it's even better value to get a gaming laptop currently, what a weird world.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

22 minutes ago, Arika S said:

And it's even better value to get a gaming laptop currently, what a weird world.

Weirdly enough yeah XD

Got myself a gaming laptop with 4GB of a 1650. Could've gone a bit more to get the 3060 or 2060 stuff XD

Plays well and all, all you gotta watch out for is the sound and how your battery will most likely die from the heat. Other than that, it's a bargin,

On 11/10/2021 at 8:31 AM, thanhduc said:

what your thoughts ( im from Vietnam)

Well here in the US prices are high due to tariffs, rising wages and the fact the government dumped billions of dollars in to the economy causing inflation. Not to mention the high price due to supply chain issues. Prices are likely not to return to 2019 levels, we need to get used to stuff costing more. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

the tittle is confusing me. what's OP asking? do I need to level up my languange skills? or just a weird tittle?