First Build

Bron_

Unless you are extreme overclocking theres no need for the extra power connector, and basically no one bothers to overclock theyre cpus anymore so doesnt matter anyways

8pinjj connector can output around 380w before melting, 5600x uses max 125w with agressive PBO, so you are fine

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

I have decided to pick up a Ryzen 5 5600x and I wanted to pair it with a b550 board. I can't decide between an MSI board and a Gigabyte board. The MSI board is the MSI MPG Gaming Edge Wifi. The Gigabyte board is the Aorus Elite AX V2. I need both a front panel type C connector and a wifi onboard. Which board would be a better option? I am going to be pairing thing with a rtx 3060 ti.

MSI board: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B550-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI

Gigabyte board: https://www.aorus.com/motherboards/B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2-rev-10/Key-Features

I want to get my self an rtx 3060 ti for my first build but I don’t know how much I should be spending on it. The market right now is crazy and when i get the chance to get one at msrp or near msrp how much should I spend. I was looking at a model called the Asus KO OC and it is 600 msrp. It’s that expensive for a 3060 ti in the current market that we are in? 

600 usd?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

The 3060 is never going to deliver 600$ of visual performance as the card was never designed to do that. Whether of not you purchase the card for the price that it is is up to you if you feel its worth it.

Hey guys wanted to ask what motherboard should I pair with the Ryzen 5 5600x. I want the motherboard to have a front panel USB C connector and to include wifi. Another thing that would be great is if it had plenty of USB ports on the rear io. The from factor has to be ATX. A B550 or a budget X570 will do. 

I don't know what the budget is, but how about an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

J

48 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I don't know what the budget is, but how about an Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)? 

Just my two cents.  I have that board but without the WiFi and just want you to know this is a great board.  Have been using it now for several months and the only thing I have done to the board is update the BIOS and put in my own WiFi since the board didn't have it already.  Once again, a great board.  I use it stock, no overclock.  Good Luck.

3 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Thats a great board but doesn't have the front panel USB C for my 4000x case. I can't use my case USB C if I were to use that motherboard. 

4 hours ago, CEO of Russia said:

Thats a great board but doesn't have the front panel USB C for my 4000x case. I can't use my case USB C if I were to use that motherboard. 

I thought the motherboard did when I looked under the specs for it. I get really confused with all the different USB 3.x standards. 

Another great motherboard is a MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI. This motherboard does have a USB type-C header for the front panel. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Hey I'm just getting into pc gaming and was wondering where I can get a graphics card. I was looking to getting an rtx 3060 ti or a 3060. I live in the city of Los Angeles and was wondering if there were any stores that I can go to and buy a card. I dont care about the model and the maximum amount that I want to pay is 500$ USD. 

I was looking at the Redragon k552 Kumara and was wondering if that is a good mechanical keyboard for 40$. I am tight on budget and this would be my first mechanical keyboard. I have always used membrane in the past and always used a full sized keyboard. Is it hard to adapt to a TKL keyboard? 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019O9BLVY/?coliid=IRF89GZQB2X7Y&colid=3ITVDTMD5CXX8&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it_im

have fun with that, your best bet is to use the newegg draw but your not going to find any gpus for under 500.

-----------------

#

Basically all the cheap mechanical keyboards use the same switches, either Gateron or Outemu, and they're both fairly decent. If you use the numpad a lot it can be a rough transition to a TKL keyboard, but it's not nearly as bad as smaller form factors. Just make sure to keep in mind that those are clicky keys, and that they make a hell of a lot of noise. Back in university I had to switch to a different keyboard to keep my roommates from murdering me in my sleep.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I used the reds version of that keyboard.

It felt like night and day compaired to my dell stock keyboard.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Can you guys link me some motherboards that cost around 200$ USD that has wifi and a front panel USB C connector for my case. I want to be using this with my Ryzen 5 5600x. One last thing please include something that has great rear io usb connectivity like around 5 USB ports or more. 

21 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

I use an Asus ROG Strix B550 and it works great.  Check out the mobo's on the Newegg website.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?cm_sp=filter-_-infocard-_-subcategory-_-22-_-property_601292786-_-1&N=100007625 601292786 601352805 600009016 50001315

Good Luck.

You'd have to step up to the XE model that's over his price range to get a Type C internal header.

@CEO of RussiaJust quickly looking through AM4 boards with wifi and Type C headers, this B550 AORUS Elite AX is the first one I landed on. 7 rear USB ports.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KGVH7YC?tag=pcpapi-20

Ive heard that the Gigabyte motherboard drivers are bad and that some people cant get there wifi and bluetooth to function. Is this true because I was planning on getting the Gigabyte b550 Aorus Elite AX V2. This motherboard has both wifi and bluetooth so I don't want to run into any issues for my first build. 

45 minutes ago, CEO of Russia said:

Ive heard that the Gigabyte motherboard drivers are bad and that some people cant get there wifi and bluetooth to function. Is this true because I was planning on getting the Gigabyte b550 Aorus Elite AX V2. This motherboard has both wifi and bluetooth so I don't want to run into any issues for my first build. 

gigabyte makes about 5 million motherboards per year, some will have defects. the vast majority work fine

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

Budget (including currency): 1500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Will be using this for primarily gaming and doing schoolwork as well. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Want to be able to play most games at medium to high setting at 144 fps. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Masterb_/saved/CkrkJx

I also had a question. Should I go for G Skill Trident Z RGB or Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. Want to use very little rgb software while having all of rgb synched up. 

and did you already find that 3060 ti?

-----------------

#

Just now, adarw said:

and did you already find that 3060 ti?

thats as much as im willing to spend 

1 minute ago, CEO of Russia said:

thats as much as im willing to spend 

well go get a gpu and then plan your build. unless you already have a gpu you can use for the next year or so.

-----------------

#