Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 vs Phanteks T30-120

kitnoman

All the videos I've seen about Phanteks T30-120, is a comparison with fans that run on a slower rpm. So has anyone compared it with the noctua industrial line up?

The NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM is the most direct comparison.

The spec sheet has the Noctua with slightly more airflow, slightly higher static pressure, and slightly higher noise. The Noctua is also 25 mm thick vs. the Phanteks being 30 mm.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

NF-F12 is loud AF once she spools up.. but it moves a good amount of air. At more sane speeds it’s not bad.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

whats the use case? AIO? heatsink? casefan?

But the T30 is better

67cfm is better than over a hundred?

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

67cfm is better than over a hundred?

Depends on the use. for radiator and heatsink  the T30 is better

28 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Depends on the use. for radiator and heatsink  the T30 is better

I haven't used the T30, but I have used iPPC's on my heatsink, I really doubt the Phanteks would do better there.. but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I haven't used the T30, but I have used iPPC's on my heatsink, I really doubt the Phanteks would do better there.. but I could be wrong.

this is the only test i have seen. its not the T30 but the slightly worse 12x25

image.thumb.png.85db171fc65fa788dd548fd75b72c29e.png

and its not looking good for the 3k : (

I have no idea what I am looking at. 

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

I have no idea what I am looking at. 

Temps with different fans on max speed. not sure how it possibly could confuse u 

Ok..

Well I will just remain ignorant.

8 hours ago, kitnoman said:

All the videos I've seen about Phanteks T30-120, is a comparison with fans that run on a slower rpm. So has anyone compared it with the noctua industrial line up?

A better comparison for the t30 would be the nf a12x25. The t30, like the nfa12x25 is a silence focused fan with the option for a 3k rpm mode for niche use cases but its best noise to performance rpm is below the 2k range. 

The t30 will have the edge over the noctua since its thicker and has more surface area to move air. 

My 2k ippc fans already get loud when running at full speed. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I'm actually going to use it on an Lian Li O11D, like 6 of them, side and bot, while the top will be a rad and exhaust(default fans). I'm on headset anyway, but I would probably run them at 50-70%. I'm in a tropical country and I don't want to use air condition all the time. The pc is actually near an open window and there's a lot of environmental noise, wind, birds, dogs(a lot of them), so fan noise is the least of my concern. By the way, how many fans can I safely daisychain, knowing that those are 24v each? thanks

46 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

I'm actually going to use it on an Lian Li O11D, like 6 of them, side and bot, while the top will be a rad and exhaust(default fans). I'm on headset anyway, but I would probably run them at 50-70%. I'm in a tropical country and I don't want to use air condition all the time. The pc is actually near an open window and there's a lot of environmental noise, wind, birds, dogs(a lot of them), so fan noise is the least of my concern. By the way, how many fans can I safely daisychain, knowing that those are 24v each? thanks

NF-F12 iPPC is  0.2a  12v  fan  soo 4-5

17 hours ago, NorKris said:

this is the only test i have seen. its not the T30 but the slightly worse 12x25

image.thumb.png.85db171fc65fa788dd548fd75b72c29e.png

and its not looking good for the 3k : (

Considering the NF-A12x25 is doing 2000RPM compared to the Noctua, and how the T30-120 compares to Noctua, it's safe to say NF-F12 IPPC is completely inferior in all metrics to Phanteks T30-120. And the phanteks can do 3000RPM as well, ...

@freeagent comparing top speeds (any numbers) from official websites is irrelevant, numbers between different companies are not comparable, everyone test in different ways, with different equipment with different methodologies, there's no law, no standards, nothing.  Anything that's written on any official website for any fan is completely useless for comparison to any other fan from any other company (and sometimes from the same company as well).

2 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Considering the NF-A12x25 is doing 2000RPM compared to the Noctua, and how the T30-120 compares to Noctua, it's safe to say NF-F12 IPPC is completely inferior in all metrics to Phanteks T30-120.

the 12x25 and the ippc3000 is both Noctua. But yes, for AIO's and Heatsinks the IPPC fans sucks

(and the IPPC3k is twice as loud as the 12x25..... ouch)

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

the 12x25 and the ippc3000 is both Noctua. But yes, for AIO's and Heatsinks the IPPC fans sucks

(and the IPPC3k is twice as loud as the 12x25..... ouch)

Noctua max speed is 2000 RPM, compared to 3000 RPM to iPPC, just wanted to mention for lurkers. It's not just AIO and heatsinks, even a dust filter/mesh no matter how good will make a bad static pressure fan obsolete. They're only good for exhaust, and preferably without any metal (cut-off exhaust area of a typical case).

Just now, Dogzilla07 said:

Noctua max speed is 2000 RPM, compared to 3000 RPM to iPPC, just wanted to mention for lurkers.

They are both noctua tho

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

They are both noctua tho

Yes, but  one is industrial there,the other one isn't and there's a few years between the releases, while it's safe to assume numbers are comparable, it's not 100% that they are (It's possible Noctua used different setups to measure them). Regardless even if the testing is the same, and the specs on site are directly comparable. That's only at the same speed, noise level, comparing NF-A12x25 top speed specs to iPPC top speed specs (2000RPM vs 3000RPM) is still impossible (u can't just use math to aproximate CFM/pressure (upscale or downscale), because it's not a 1:1 ratio with speed (with so differently designed fans).

4 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Yes, but  one is industrial there,the other one isn't and there's a few years between the releases, while it's safe to assume numbers are comparable, it's not 100% that they are (It's possible Noctua used different setups to measure them). Regardless even if the testing is the same, and the specs on site are directly comparable. That's only at the same speed, noise level, comparing NF-A12x25 top speed specs to iPPC top speed specs (2000RPM vs 3000RPM) is still impossible (u can't just use math to aproximate CFM/pressure (upscale or downscale), because it's not a 1:1 ratio with speed (with so differently designed fans).

True true,  i never look at CFM and stuff provided by manufacturer to prove one fan is better than another. 

I have not found many fans that tests the "top dogs" of fans vs the noctua 3k one. just the one i showed a pick from. 😛 

4 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

I just came upon some tests for the new MSI Silent Gale P12 (LCP as well), way more silent than Noctua A12x25, and more static pressure, interesting, hm, ...

https://www.igorslab.de/en/msi-meg-silent-gale-p12-in-test-this-fan-could-set-new-standards/7/

kinda need Temp test,  either same RPM vs same or noise norm

But i would like to see some of these copycats to make them RGB XD 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

kinda need Temp test,  either same RPM vs same or noise norm

But i would like to see some of these copycats to make them RGB XD 

RGB...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

RGB...

i ye i did see that vid, it was amazing. but we need somthing like that 😄