Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 vs Phanteks T30-120

kitnoman
3 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Considering the NF-A12x25 is doing 2000RPM compared to the Noctua, and how the T30-120 compares to Noctua, it's safe to say NF-F12 IPPC is completely inferior in all metrics to Phanteks T30-120. And the phanteks can do 3000RPM as well, ...

@freeagent comparing top speeds (any numbers) from official websites is irrelevant, numbers between different companies are not comparable, everyone test in different ways, with different equipment with different methodologies, there's no law, no standards, nothing.  Anything that's written on any official website for any fan is completely useless for comparison to any other fan from any other company (and sometimes from the same company as well).

I totally get that, I was comparing the cfm of 110 vs 69, and the static pressure I believe may have been higher on the iPPC as well. My knowledge of fans is somewhat limited. For case fans I used 120x38s for well over a decade. I am using nfa14 iPPC on my cooler and being told it’s shit.. when clearly I am getting better results than most using air or even aio. But my iPPC is doing better than my TY-143, as well as my TL-D14X. My cooler came with two fans and I am running it with one. 

AMD R9 5900X @ PBO | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12 V2
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, TL-B14, TY-143

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

My knowledge of fans is somewhat limited. For case fans I used 120x38s for well over a decade. I am using nfa14 iPPC on my cooler and being told it’s shit.. 

Are you being told that its shit? 

59 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I am using nfa14 iPPC on my cooler and being told it’s shit.

"shit" compared to a12x25, t30-120. "shit" compared in noise for a given performance with these 2. Not in general.  It's ok to be annoyed if something u own is inferior to a new product if that happens in matter of weeks, months, a year. But if it's a matter of many years, that's just sports fan mentality, progress don't wait for us..

You figure out how better it is, if u really like the product, if u wanna have fastest, if u can afford it, and change it. If you don't that's fine too, it's gonna be very slightly-moderately shittier xD

"shitty" is a bit too strong of a word, they're not 50% worse overall, or anything like that

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

i ye i did see that vid, it was amazing. but we need somthing like that 😄 

well we can probly take a good guess (im not good at marketing) that if you take there flagship fan Noctua NF-A at $37.90 can. if they add rgb it it lets say they can charge say %30 more making it $49. its like comparable to the crommax fans when they came out. same fan but different color.

but my guess if they did make an rgb fan it wont be the Noctua NF-A its be something else probably cheaper. but we are still wating on an black Noctua NF-A  so we no how slow they move so could be years to see something. posably make an rgb grill but i dont no phantec has a good one so...it would most likely just be an expensive grill. we need more cheap grills but then that degrees the price of argb fans.

but what do i no just a guess haha

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

55 minutes ago, Dogzilla07 said:

"shit" compared to a12x25, t30-120. "shit" compared in noise for a given performance with these 2. Not in general.  It's ok to be annoyed if something u own is inferior to a new product if that happens in matter of weeks, months, a year. But if it's a matter of many years, that's just sports fan mentality, progress don't wait for us..

You figure out how better it is, if u really like the product, if u wanna have fastest, if u can afford it, and change it. If you don't that's fine too, it's gonna be very slightly-moderately shittier xD

"shitty" is a bit too strong of a word, they're not 50% worse overall, or anything like that

All good my man, it doesn’t bother me if there is something better, there is always something better just around the corner :)

I like those Thermalright TY series, I have a 143 feeding my cpu :)

Its a good time to be in the hobby that’s for sure.

AMD R9 5900X @ PBO | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12 V2
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, TL-B14, TY-143

• 11 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, NorKris said:

this is the only test i have seen. its not the T30 but the slightly worse 12x25

image.thumb.png.85db171fc65fa788dd548fd75b72c29e.png

and its not looking good for the 3k : (

On 9/28/2021 at 8:17 AM, NorKris said:

And its even worse for AIO's

image.png.f6e3b7f7561ba098f1eabb1c92e9f9df.png

I am surprised no one noticed this or mentioned it, but especially when looking at the second chart and seeing the NF-F12 perform at the exact same temps while spinning 50% faster and the #1 fan performing within margin of error, it’s very clear that the fan has capped out the AIOs potential in this configuration.  The PPC would have performed better, perhaps/probably marginally,had this not been the case.