Yoga 2 Pro vs Yoga 3 Pro

frozensun

Compulsively buying stuff which I don't need is probably a disease.

A disease which I can't stop.

The moment I buy it yeah it makes me happy for a day or two then bake to same sick emptiness.

Anyway I have Yoga 2 Pro with Core i7 4510U and 256GB of storage but in pretty bad shape (rubber).

Though no throttling, works pretty normal to me.

I wanted to buy used Yoga 3 Pro just because my 2 Pro is in bad shape.

But when I think about it,am I stupid or what???

It has Core M CPU,don't think it's stronger then i7 on 2 Pro.

What would I get with 3 Pro??

Yeah better look,design, and that is about it.

Stupid would be to buy it,right my friends?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Core M is very underpowered, if i'm not mistaken Intel already scrap the line.

To be honest Yoga 3 pro hinge is an eyesore.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Why buy these old laptops?

If compulsive buying is an issue for you go find some help for that before it falls out of control.

Anything old with rubber will have rubber reversion where it wants to go back to it's liquid state so avoid rubber devices at all costs.

Even the best core m is noticeably worse than your current i7. You'd basically buy a worse laptop.

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

That and due to it's design dirt can cause it to get stuck due to the gears.

10 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

core M is i suppose even bad for watching vids at 1080,right?

Hinge bad or good?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Why buy these old laptops?

If compulsive buying is an issue for you go find some help for that before it falls out of control.

Anything old with rubber will have rubber reversion where it wants to go back to it's liquid state so avoid rubber devices at all costs.

Even the best core m is noticeably worse than your current i7. You'd basically buy a worse laptop.

So basically 3 Pro though it's newer is slower laptop compared to my Yoga 2 Pro?

13 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

what means "eyesore" my friend?

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

core M is i suppose even bad for watching vids at 1080,right?

Hinge bad or good?

how much money are you talking about?

There are cheap yoga with updated hardware like Intel 8th gen or Ryzen.

Hinge are not good to look at, plus as pointed above, it will catch dirt, i would stay away from overly engineered hinge, keep it simple, easy to repair.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

10 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

how much money are you talking about?

There are cheap yoga with updated hardware like Intel 8th gen or Ryzen.

Hinge are not good to look at, plus as pointed above, it will catch dirt, i would stay away from overly engineered hinge, keep it simple, easy to repair.

Only 260 euros.

Isn't the hinge on 3 better quality then on my 2 Pro?

17 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Only 260 euros.

Isn't the hinge on 3 better quality then on my 2 Pro?

Doesn't matter you are getting a far worse laptop overall don't buy it no where near worth 260 euro.

25 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Doesn't matter you are getting a far worse laptop overall don't buy it no where near worth 260 euro.

Ooh okay but it has 4k screen and 512 gb m.2 ssd that both is at least hmm dunno maybe 150 euros.

I mean to be honest what kind of laptop you can buy for 260 euros except with celeron or maybe pentium 😄

but as you said if it's worse then mine ofc I'm not stupid to buy it..

how much you think it's worth it?

Better spend those 260 euros seeking the help you need in controlling your spending habits than feeding this "disease" (which is just poor self-control imo).

I'm just reading this:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-M-5Y70-SoC.125630.0.html

What do you guys think with this CPU what would struggle to do?

I mean on simple tasks,browsing,office etc...

25 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Ooh okay but it has 4k screen and 512 gb m.2 ssd that both is at least hmm dunno maybe 150 euros.

I mean to be honest what kind of laptop you can buy for 260 euros except with celeron or maybe pentium 😄

but as you said if it's worse then mine ofc I'm not stupid to buy it..

how much you think it's worth it?

Thing is the core m series just sucks. The current highest end mobile pentium is almost the same performance. It's just terrible.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Thing is the core m series just sucks. The current highest end mobile pentium is almost the same performance. It's just terrible.

Okay I will listen to you but just tell me terrible for what?

I didn't plan to encode vids with it,light browsing,some excel work and watching 1080p vids on yt.

If this can't do that then ofc it is for garbage.

But as you said probably CPU on my Note 10 plus is more powerful then this crap 😄

5 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Okay I will listen to you but just tell me terrible for what?

I didn't plan to encode vids with it,light browsing,some excel work and watching 1080p vids on yt.

If this can't do that then ofc it is for garbage.

But as you said probably CPU on my Note 10 plus is more powerful then this crap 😄

You can compare it to a core 2 duo e8400 from 12 years ago. Excel will work, light browsing will work even 1080p yt will work due to the igpu supporting acceleration for that. But it will be slow.

I think I saw somewhere running fine 4K on youtube but lost the link...

Doesn't matter,enough for me was that you guys wrote that my Y2 Pro with I7 is better then this laptop and that is it.

Thank you guys.

You saved me 260 €.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

I think I saw somewhere running fine 4K on youtube but lost the link...

Doesn't matter,enough for me was that you guys wrote that my Y2 Pro with I7 is better then this laptop and that is it.

Thank you guys.

You saved me 260 €.

Yeah it can sort of do 4k BUT the ONLY REASON IT CAN is because of the currently supported gpu it has.

If this is true then I'm not sure that 1.6 GHz is enough for smooth 4k playback.

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-intel_core_i7_4510u-446-vs-intel_core_m_5y10-458

But 4510u as you said and from link below Core M is a joke to it.

I'm  not an expert but Core M reminds me on Atom on my Asus Transformer laptop lol.

So i7-4510U is a lot faster CPU conpared to Core M?

Could find test between them two over internet.

I just don't like my yoga because of rubber falling apart...and nothing I can do,and it makes my OCD worse... 😢