Can you pass a practice A+ cert exam?

Mooshi

I got 46 but I never worked with systems older as pentium III

I got 43/80, mainly because I started hammering into the PC side of things in 2012. But I did poke around a few older computers and fixed my family's Dell Optiplex GX270 a few times.

39/80

I guess it isn't that bad when I tried to do it as fast as possible and I was born in '98. I wasn't really into computers back then :P:D

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I'm pretty sure either the A+ certification needs to die, or they need to make an A++ certification that that actually covers modern hardware.

edit: 35/80

Think about it this way: the reason it covers such old hardware is because some businesses still have them around and the time when PC repair was hot was when you actually needed a certification to fix these machines that originally cost over $2,000 dollars. Since a business can get a computer now for $400 it's actually fallen out of favor but some people still ask for it because they need someone to support their old hardware. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: The New A+ (most current) covers Windows 7, Vista, XP, and Windows 2000 and command line and stuff but still has stuff like the FSB and PATA and questions about AGP (still pretty relevant to today).

24/80... not to bad for not knowing anthing

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Got 56/80 and finished in < 15 minutes! #failboat

However I did get one more then Linus right so that makes me feel good. And for the love of god who gives 2 shits about how Laser Printers work? :P

Jerry (aka. Barnacules)

Barnacules Nerdgasm  B) 

[YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook]

Man, I was afraid to even show my results. But, it's good to know that I wasn't alone seeing as most of the questions ask for outdated components. But as for my scores. I gave up 10 mins in. Got frustrated. =/

57/80 pass, I'm actually pretty proud of myself. awwwwwwwwwyeahhhhh.

Really I understand the need for questions about old hardware, businesses use PCs til they die an undignified death... but I hope the real A+ exam got a robust update, because I saw no mention of anything that came out in the last five years or so.

And a few of those questions have more than one good answer. Poorly written.

57/80 pass, I'm actually pretty proud of myself. awwwwwwwwwyeahhhhh.

Really I understand the need for questions about old hardware, businesses use PCs til they die an undignified death... but I hope the real A+ exam got a robust update, because I saw no mention of anything that came out in the last five years or so.

And a few of those questions have more than one good answer. Poorly written.

I'm not sure if this practice exam is updated because the book I've been studying from states that Windows 7 and more recent OS and configs are in the exams.

21/80

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Yes, it is. If you ever get employed as a PC technician, you can't expect you'll be working with $1,500+ gaming rigs. The unfortunate reality is you'd be working with ancient machines that should have been put down years ago and, yes, lots and lots of laser printers.

working in a packard hell pentium 4 atm.