Can you pass a practice A+ cert exam?

Mooshi

I got a 40/80, and this was way old tech

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

How the bloody HELL did I manage 44 in there? 75% of that stuff is so outdated I was still making book reports in middle school last time anyone worked with them x3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

It's Quantum. I dont think they do much now. Intel didn't make SSDs back then xD

I think AMD and Intel also manufactured their own cache back then. But yeah, I picked quantum.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I got 56! a pass for me :D

Case Custom painted CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced || M/B Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P || CPU Intel Core i7 2600 || RAM Corsair XMS3 2x2GB || GPU Sapphire HD7770 GHz Edition

I got 40/80 without looking anything up. Like others said, printer questions are brutal lol. Not modern at all either. 

I would refuse to work on anything older than myself since i got 38/80

Yes, it is. If you ever get employed as a PC technician, you can't expect you'll be working with $1,500+ gaming rigs. The unfortunate reality is you'd be working with ancient machines that should have been put down years ago and, yes, lots and lots of laser printers.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, most of the builds I do are $1000-$2500

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

This is the hardest test 24/80

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Got my ComptTIA A+ cert somewhere in the house. I ain't gonna dig around to find it...

Yes, it is. If you ever get employed as a PC technician, you can't expect you'll be working with $1,500+ gaming rigs. The unfortunate reality is you'd be working with ancient machines that should have been put down years ago and, yes, lots and lots of laser printers.

^ YUPPPP we get tons of old ass PCs all the time. Then occasionally you get the enthusiast guy come in with a fancy pc, after he's exhausted all his options on figuring out why its not working.  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

75/80 This is really stupid though, they need a new one. If anyone told me to fix hardwarm the 90's i'd give them the directions to the nearest computer store

Screenie:

HOqWBcc.png

OMG

I was nearly finished and I accidentally clicked the search button on that stupid google search bar below the test.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

44/80

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 Direct CU II OC | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX | PSU: Coolermaster G750M | RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB 1600MHz | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Storage Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Green 1.5TB | Case: Nzxt Phantom 410 (White, Black Trim) | Lighting: 30cm Blue LED | OS: Windows 10 Pro<p>

43/80. These questions are before my time....

Haha, I got 48 without looking a single one up, but still it's a fail was a fail.

I am now reading the questions I answered after failing with 42 points, and I can't believe I missed some of them. I guess I should teach myself focusing when I'm doing stuff lol. 

Those printer questions were horrible too.

SOOOO OUTDATED

EDIT:

Tried it again without looking at the previous answers I gave, got 58/80 yeah! 

This proves I have to concentrate :P 

MEH

Hmm, it's a pass at least?

post-18004-0-50592200-1396990129.jpg

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

56 for me.  Man some of that stuff is ancient.  It was more like a history test than A+ certification.

I didn't know what half of that was, I guessed most.

8bf5c0a92ad0f8611b941ac1789ce2ee.png

I got a 34/80, Worse than i expected because i am taking a A+ course right now in high school =p

It really is a lot about printers and OLD connectors.