R9 295X2 Noise Test Video Leaked Out, Shhh Quiet.

the 690s only slightly louder and their not factoring in the AIOs fan

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

the 690s only slightly louder and their not factoring in the AIOs fan

It's not really apples to apples since we're not able to compare the 295X2 to the Titan Z. The 690 & the 7990 are just there to give you a perspective not really intended to be a direct comparison.

It's not really apples to apples since we're not able to compare the 295X2 to the Titan Z. The 690 & the 7990 are just there to give you a perspective not really intended to be a direct comparison.

i understand that but you cant be saying its quiet because your not accounting for the AIOs fan and thats probably going to be making most of the noise  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

i understand that but you cant be saying its quiet because your not accounting for the AIOs fan and thats probably going to be making most of the noise  

You can see the radiator sitting just a few inches behind the card, it's definitely contributing the noise in the video.

It's good, but still a little underwhelming. I would have expected more of a noticeable difference between a water-cooled card and the air cooled 690.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

It's good, but still a little underwhelming. I would have expected more of a noticeable difference between a water-cooled card and the air cooled 690.

It's a hybrid cooler you still have to account for the fan cooling the vrms.

It's hard to make conclusions without measurement. A DB meter would be nice to see so an accurate measurement can be made.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

AMD have an ironic sense of humour, don't they?

Their cards have a reputation for running hot. So they bring out an API called 'Mantle', use codenames like 'Vesuvius' for their GPUs and even have LEDs on this card that make it look like the fan's trying to cool a pit of molten lava.

:D

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The red LED fan looks very cool... uhm I mean hot. Can't wait for benches.

But that's on liquid....

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

but its not fully watercooled, still has 2 fans in total and we dont know what fans they are.

It's not too bad, now do some magic with the drivers amd, 250% mantle scaling, go?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Heck! That R9 295 IS kinda loud.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Their all equally loud when the mic is that close.

If I was to buy any of them however. Noise would not be the influencing factor.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It sounds like R9 295x2 is kinda quiet comparing against others:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log