Chromium 380i System (Coolermaster CM690 II watercooled build)

NoctisCrytrix

Hello everyone

My name is Anthony, im 18 and this is my system that I have been building for 2 years now on a budget of £10 a week and some Christmas/birthday money.
I'm going to put a brief history behind this system and also some pictures of what it started out as but if you don't want to see or read that just scroll down to see the finished system :)

This build originally started out as a pre built second hand computer that cost me £180 and the specs were:

Core 2 duo cpu
4gb ram
250gb hdd
cheap chinese 250w psu
foxconn mobo

Having this as a base system it just wasn't good enough to play battlefield 3 so I asked my mum for a new PSU and a GPU for my birthday and I got a Radeon HD 6950 and a Corsair builder series 500w PSU.

At this time I have no idea what I was doing but thanks to linus and his videos I managed to install them without trouble at all. Also because I had no idea what I was doing I had no idea that a 6950 was just too much for the little core 2 duo to handle so my game was just too laggy to play but I played it anyway.

After this I got a job as a paperboy and then I bought my first motherboard a Asus P8H61 M/LE USB3 board waited a few more weeks and then bought a Core i3 2100 to go with it and 4GB of Kingston Hyper X blu 1333mhz memory to go with it and match the black and blue motherboard.

Heres some pics of it :) bad quality because I didn't have a good camera at that time.
u1emw3r.jpg
tyfCSQy.jpg

After a long while I was getting sick of it, it looked terrible, was starting to slow down and It was time I upgraded and so here I am now with a watercooled gaming PC.

Specs:
Core i5 3570K 4.0Ghz at 1.1v (cant be assed to try oc some more)
8Gb Kingston HyperX blu 1333Mhz 
Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H Mobo 
Asus GTX 660ti Direct cu II 
Seasonic G series 550w modular PSU 
Kingston HyperX 120GB 3k 
Seagate Barracuda 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache 
WD blue 250gb recording drive 
Logitch G430 
Corsair M60 

Koolance CPU 380i Waterblock 
EK CSQ Compressions 13/10mm 
Primochill Primoflex advanced LRT 13/10mm clear tubing 
Alphacool repack bay res with DC-LT Ceramic pump 
Black ICE GT240 stealth rad 240mm 
XSPC EC6 UV Blue Liquid

Corsair AF 120's in the bottom
Bitfenix Spectre pros on the rad
Stock fan at front

*sorry if the images are too big I dont know how to change it im a forum noob!

xhLXVrv.jpg
4BUjBmc.jpg
HGMhdxm.jpg
vNTyYAx.jpg
5sCWOr4.jpg
j0oTwM8.jpg
fZXSquN.jpg
WMR3AtX.jpg
weuaVQz.jpg

As you can see doesn't the greatest compared to most stuff on here and there's tonnes more stuff I would have like to have done or changed but I don't have the money just yet maybe i'll update this post in the future who knows :)

Thanks for taking your time to have a look at my system.

The tubes are a little long for my taste but it looks great and, and nice specs.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Always nice to see a fellow CM 690II user :D

Nice job on the water cooling, although the long runs look a bit weird to me. Then again, I don't have water cooling so who am I to judge ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

That's pretty nice, decent specs, good job, only thing I can say is why not water cool the gpu with the custom loop!

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

That's a pretty neat progression, and good to see somebody else who is

persistent in saving up money to get what he wants. Persistence and

patience for the win! :D

As for the tube routing: Have you checked if it's possible to switch

the radiator around so that the outlets are towards the front of the

case? That would allow you to have shorter tubing and make things look

a bit neater (that's what water coolers generally go for ;)).

That's pretty nice, decent specs, good job, only thing I can say is why not water cool the gpu with the custom loop!

If that's still the 6950 I woulnd't bother at this point. GPU blocks

are not cheap. Personally, I would only buy a waterblock for current-gen

higher-end cards. If you don't have the money for that, then I'd rather

invest it all into a graphics card instead of buying a cheaper one

plus the block for it. Just my personal philosophy though, not objective

fact. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Very nice :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715