Difference between be quiet! Dark Power 12 vs Dark Power Pro 12?

ThatSweetGamer

The Dark Power Pro 12 was recommended to me by a Micro Center employee and I was wondering what the difference is between that and just the Dark Power is besides the price and the wattage. I'm looking between the Dark Power 12 1000W vs the Dark Power Pro 1200w specifically.

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

-

So are they literally just the same thing except the "pro" is just the 1200 and 1500 watt? That's really all I want to know.

1 minute ago, ThatSweetGamer said:

So are they literally just the same thing except the "pro" is just the 1200 and 1500 watt? That's really all I want to know.

They're also on very different platforms. The Pro is significantly more advanced in topology.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

3 minutes ago, ThatSweetGamer said:

I don't think you read anything on bequiet's site or anything in the screenshot I linked. The Pro's are much more advanced. 

Just now, rickeo said:

I don't think you read anything on bequiet's site or anything in the screenshot I linked. The Pro's are much more advanced. 

I did read. I just don't know that much in depth stuff about PSU's. So, sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Just now, rickeo said:

The screenshot honestly doesn't say much. The average consumer doesn't know whatever the hell bq is trying to say with "active rectification".

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Just now, ThatSweetGamer said:

I did read. I just don't know that much in depth stuff about PSU's. So, sorry for my lack of knowledge.

What are the system specs you're putting this PSU in? 

If you don't know the difference its entirely possible you really don't need it in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Elisis said:

The screenshot honestly doesn't say much. The average consumer doesn't know whatever the hell bq is trying to say with "active rectification".

Part of the point i'm trying to make, its a question of "if you have to ask" you likely don't need it.

Just now, rickeo said:

Part of the point i'm trying to make, its a question of "if you have to ask" you likely don't need it.

Also told the dude I plan on doing a little overclocking on both the CPU and GPU.

Just now, rickeo said:

It doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to understand the difference...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

To simplify it the Dark power Pro 12 uses a more advanced digital platform.

The difference between the two that you'll most likely notice is the Pro comes with individually sleeved cables.

What are the prices of the dark power 12 and dark power Pro 12? What else is available?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

To simplify it the Dark power Pro 12 uses a more advanced digital platform.

The difference between the two that you'll most likely notice is the Pro comes with individually sleeved cables.

What are the prices of the dark power 12 and dark power Pro 12? What else is available?

$280 for the Dark Power 12 and $400 for the Dark Power Pro

3 minutes ago, ThatSweetGamer said:

$280 for the Dark Power 12 and $400 for the Dark Power Pro

That's a pretty big difference in price. Is a full kit of individually sleeved cables worth $100 to you? If you bought the dark power 12 would you then consider spending $100 on individually sleeved cables from someone like cable mod? The individually sleeved cables with the Pro are black so they're not as customisable as the kits you could get from cable mod but if you were already planning on buying a set of black individually sleeved cables to go with your power supply then it could justify the cost of the Pro.

Other than that the Pro is a little bit better but probably doesn't justify the extra $120, they're both good.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

That's a pretty big difference in price. Is a full kit of individually sleeved cables worth $100 to you? If you bought the dark power 12 would you then consider spending $100 on individually sleeved cables from someone like cable mod? The individually sleeved cables with the Pro are black so they're not as customisable as the kits you could get from cable mod but if you were already planning on buying a set of black individually sleeved cables to go with your power supply then it could justify the cost of the Pro.

Other than that the Pro is a little bit better but probably doesn't justify the extra $120, they're both good.

I'm just worried about not blowing out the power supply or any other components because of how much power the CPU + GPU while OC'd will draw. Sleeved cables are a plus, I did want some anyways.

The pro can be more efficient and have much less voltage drop. Also the pro can be configured for single or multi rail use (the non pro is multi rail only). Single rail is often preferred in highly overclocked situations. 

I run a 1200pro myself, replaced my very old Corsair hx1050. I'm very happy with it, but I also try to buy the best PSU I can (within reason) when I need a replacement. 

Dark Power 12 is basically a fancied up Straight Power 11 Platinum, a decent unit but nothing special. While Dark Power 12 Pro is basically one of the best PSUs on the market. Whether it worth the money is another question.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

14 hours ago, MadGoatHaz said:

The pro can be more efficient and have much less voltage drop. Also the pro can be configured for single or multi rail use (the non pro is multi rail only). Single rail is often preferred in highly overclocked situations. 

This is incorrect. Both Pro and Non-Pro are switchable between multi and single 12V rails via key or the jumper.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/2151

https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/1923